Sign in to follow this  
Dauragon

Nogovan police units

Oh and another suggestion that came to my mind:

What about adding a retextured BRDM for the nogova police? The searchlight ontop would already do for a front-directed blue light.

I think that instead of fancy SWAT like units, nogova police should have something like this. Somehow I can't really think that they would have such special counter-terrorism teams on that island. Most stuff would be done by ordinary police and some feds in civilian clothes (with black GAZ24). That police BRDM would be a nice thing for demonstrations or situations where some protection is needed. Still it would be unarmed and a very rare sight on the island. Only used on some special occassions. Maybe you could add a police officer wearing a soviet style helmet and either a soviet army flak jacket or modern kevlar vest, but still with the brown police dress clearly visible. That's the most I would go in terms of SWAT like stuff.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: And yet another idea stroke me. Would it be too much to ask to add 1 (not two) seats at the back of the police jeep? Just add a position where another person could ride in the back. No seat model and stuff would be needed, as the person could simply use the fender/mudguard to sit on.

As long as you at least add a feature to disable the sound effects, so that mappers can make use of the eyecandy light effects but still add their sounds via addaction, I have no problem with it.

If you read the readme you would see that there is an option to use just the lights, and no siren. This way the mission maker (if they have some basic knowledge of animationphase - can be learned by looking at the scripts in the GAZ or this addon) can add their own sound of their own choosing.

Quote[/b] ]However one question: If MOHAX agrees to change his sound, will you change yours, too, as you said earlier that you would base it on MOHAX choice?

If MOHAX chooses a better, more suitable siren sound, then yes, I will update the pack to use that.

Quote[/b] ]What about adding a retextured BRDM for the nogova police? The searchlight ontop would already do for a front-directed blue light...

...Would it be too much to ask to add 1 (not two) seats at the back of the police jeep? Just add a position where another person could ride in the back. No seat model and stuff would be needed, as the person could simply use the fender/mudguard to sit on.

Like I said wait and see what you get in the update...

And remember, since I'm making this in my free time from BAS, then unlike when I am representing BAS, I can say "foxtrot oscar", you'll get what you're given wink_o.gif

(But I think you'll like what I'm going to give you wink_o.gif )

I think that the current siren sound suits the "feel" of the units, it sounds "older" and suits the older style Nogovan units.

Hehe no offense but when you hear that sound daily it feels very wrong ;) Because I'm always looking for a fire when I hear the siren.

But go on with that sound if you wish. I changed my sound already.

biggrin_o.gif "foxtrot oscar" thats one way to say it tounge_o.gif

now on topic these units are great and i cant see anything wrong with them apart from the dashboard

GDwrk

I agree its a really cool pack the sounds is cool and its Fantastic for a addon that was created in 2 days, and all you wimps please stop bitching about the siren mad_o.gif

(But I think you'll like what I'm going to give you wink_o.gif )

Wonders wow_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I thought i wont ask because its rude but if everybody does it a what the hell, what have you got in your head for future plans biggrin_o.gif , a mini mod The Nogova Police Man biggrin_o.gif

I agree its a really cool pack the sounds is cool and its Fantastic for a addon that was created in 2 days, and all you wimps please stop bitching about the siren mad_o.gif

Dunno who bitches about the siren but its from a German fire truck... but i can live with that smile_o.gif

Dunno who bitches about the siren but its from  a German fire truck... but i can live with that  smile_o.gif

also french police sound biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I agree its a really cool pack the sounds is cool and its Fantastic for a addon that was created in 2 days, and all you wimps please stop bitching about the siren  

Dunno who bitches about the siren but its from  a German fire truck... but i can live with that  

also french police sound

Who CARES

What about adding a retextured BRDM for the nogova police? The searchlight ontop would already do for a front-directed blue light.

I think that instead of fancy SWAT like units, nogova police should have something like this. Somehow I can't really think that they would have such special counter-terrorism teams on that island. Most stuff would be done by ordinary police and some feds in civilian clothes (with black GAZ24). That police BRDM would be a nice thing for demonstrations or situations where some protection is needed. Still it would be unarmed and a very rare sight on the island. Only used on some special occassions. Maybe you could add a police officer wearing a soviet style helmet and either a soviet army flak jacket or modern kevlar vest, but still with the brown police dress clearly visible. That's the most I would go in terms of SWAT like stuff.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: And yet another idea stroke me. Would it be too much to ask to add 1 (not two) seats at the back of the police jeep? Just add a position where another person could ride in the back. No seat model and stuff would be needed, as the person could simply use the fender/mudguard to sit on.

politseiBRDM.jpg

Something like this only better you mean?

politseiBRDM.jpg

Something like this only better you mean?

Exactly. Just better.

Oh and regarding your question: I care. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I agree its a really cool pack the sounds is cool and its Fantastic for a addon that was created in 2 days, and all you wimps please stop bitching about the siren  

Dunno who bitches about the siren but its from  a German fire truck... but i can live with that  

also french police sound

Who CARES

Not me like i said... so dont quote my post if you have nothing to say, thx tounge_o.gif

ARGH!!!!

Its a SOUND!!! a freaking 1.4 second SOUND!!!

Sorry guys, but this has brought me to, and beyond breaking point...

I didn't have to release this addon, but since you guys seemed to want one so bad, I thought, what the heck, lets polish it up, add mohax's kewl scripts, and make summatfun for everyone...

Now I'm begining to wish I didn't bother...

If its not the model, or the textures, you lot will find something to bitch about...

Can't you just accept it for what it is, and be greatful that people even make addons in the first place...

Sorry for being pissy, but this was the last straw, I gave you this out of the kindness of my own heart, and most of you have simply pissed on it...

/me = VERY PISSED OFF (and a might stressed)

I like the siren its the best siren iv heard in my entire life, great work on the siren sound DeadMeat!

oooooh....gotta love that siren *starts singing*

ARGH!!!!

I didn't have to release this addon, but since you guys seemed to want one so bad, I thought, what the heck, lets polish it up, add mohax's kewl scripts, and make summatfun for everyone...

If its not the model, or the textures, you lot will find something to bitch about...

Can't you just accept it for what it is, and be greatful that people even make addons in the first place...

Sorry for being pissy, but this was the last straw, I gave you this out of the kindness of my own heart, and most of you have simply pissed on it...

i thank you a million times for this addon, i dont care if the sound sounds like the french police im just pointing it out (another sort of bumping tounge_o.gif j/k)

blues.gif

ARGH!!!!

Got a bad day, eh?

Nobody is pissing on your addon, that's for sure. Don't make a drama out of it. I just had a problem with the sound, that's all. You said it would be toggleable so that's fine with me then. Get over it ffs. tounge_o.gif

@DeadMeatXM2

Err cool down. Actually nobody said the AddOn isn't good or something because of the siren.

For people that know the sound as the firetruck sound it's just a bit wierd. But I don't think you have to change anything because of that. I changed the sound myself. There is no offence because of the sound.

Discussion doesn't mean bitching about something. It's just a little discussion here about the sound. Some exchange of information and opinions.

I would be more worried if people would be busy reporting bugs instead of having a little discussion about a detail. That shows that the overall AddOn is great and that there are no major bugs.

Get over it ffs.  tounge_o.gif

Didn't seem to stop you posting about it 4 or 5 times in here, and on ofp.info...

So? Am I not allowed to voice my opinion and suggest alternatives or what? Afterall quite some people seem to agree with me. What you do is up to you in the end, still you should learn to not confuse bitching with constructive criticism. Like Donnervogel already said, be happy that there are no huge bugs and people are just talking about personal preferences and making suggestions. With many other addons it's the other way around. Geez...

Indeed, i dint read all the tread so i dunno if some were pissed about the siren, i just mentioned we have it a s fire truck siren in germany but also said its ok for me.

And the pack is damn good for me and i already made  a cool mission with it.

My point was, that you are telling me to get over it, when you can't get over it yourself... (and you (and I) ) still can't, as we are bitching about it still...

Posts like "maybe add a few poly's to the front lights to make them look rounder" I take as constructive critsism, posts like yours; and I quote: "I still think you should use another siren sound" you even go on to say "you know which one i mean, by now"

Especially so after the 3rd, 4th, now 5th or 6th time, I take as bitching.

You were given a straight answer the first time you asked, so why couldn't you get over it then? You just had to post asking again, and again if I'd change it, even tho I had said no, on more than one occasion.

The way I see it, after I've answered the first question, any follow up on the same subject, especially by the same person is bitching...

As people have said, if you don't like it change it yourself. The Watcher PM'ed me asking how, and I happily replied with the necisary info for him, so rather than sitting there whining about it, get off your backside (figure of speech) and do something about it yourself...

I wonder what the world is coming to when people havent got the initiative to change 1 sound file, and 1 small line of script...

[Edit] To all those who have thanked me and complemented me on the work - YOU are more than welcome, my pleasure (I won't extend that to anytime tho, I know what you lot are like tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif )