Sign in to follow this  
SnypaUK

Would you like ofp2 to be infantry only?

Sometimes i wish OFP was infantry only i really enjoy the infantry and specops missions. sometimes the tank battles felt like a sideshow as with the helicopters.

btw by infantry only i dont mean only infantry in the game i still want to see tanks and planes and helos i just dont want to play as them

The good thing about OFP is that you don't have to play with tanks and choppers, but other people can if they wish to (or you can play MP with them and you can take care of the infantery while others take care of the rest)...

You know that's what makes this game so special... wink_o.gif

sounds like a counterstrike thread and thats the forums it belongs on

If you don't want to utilise the military vehicles around you, then you sure as hell are gonna be walkin alot wink_o.gif . LOL. I've said it before, OFP is a battlefield simulator. Not a FPS or a whatever the hell it could also be split into. If OFP2 was degraded so badly that you could only be infantry, then OFP would lose alot of it's appeal. If you think that OFP should be infantry only, this ain't your game.

I play this game because of the total freedom it creates. If you wanna restrict that freedom, play another game. All elements of military should be present. The infantry don't do all the work, I assure you. In fact, neglect the other branches of military operations apart from infantry and you'll have less fun with the game.

Sure you could be only infantry, but no-one's forcing you to cammand a tank or pilot an aircraft, if you don't wanna do that, just jump out the vehicle and I'll take your place biggrin_o.gif !

I think people have misunderstood.

I did not mean cut out tanks helos jeeps and everything else non infantry i more meant keep the option to jump in vehicles BUT the main premise of the mission is an infantry battle with or without tanks and choppers

I think people have misunderstood.

We understood. The answers have already been given. There are tons of such infantry missions already - the vast majority are just that.

For those that want air, sea, Monty Python or James Bond missions, the opportunity is there as well.

There wasnt all that many vehical missions in OPF and i think the infantry side of the game is alot better and more interesting than the helicopter/tank part of it, spec op missions are alot more imersive than the tank missions in my opinion and personaly i think vehicals kinda ruin MP games. I think i understand what snypa means here, i too am not interested in playing the role of a tank crew member in OPF2, i just hope the devs find a way to improve and limit vehical usage and also to make the role of pilot and crew usefull this time, for something more realistic i mean wink_o.gif .

One thing that I love with OFP are the helicopters. That part is sooo gooood. Just wondering: is flying in ofp anything like flyinge a real chopper? (Is it totally different or...) wink_o.gif

Thats funny the other day there were 11 votes for yes... strange

Thats funny the other day there were 11 votes for yes... strange

You need a break! You're seeing double vision. tounge_o.gif

lol i prefer ofp over other games for the fact that you can drive fly and pick up any and all weapons.

thats one of the things that set it apart in my eyes.

its the perfect balance as is, there are plenty of Mokra and St Pierre maps to keep you happy with no vehicles :P

I'm new here, but part of what got me interested in OFP was the fact you could use vehicles. (Ok the list is alot longer really, but for now I'll leave it at that) Having been a player of Ghost Recon since it released, I can really only suggest you go try that game out if you dont like vehicles. Of course, you cant climb ladders either. (And again the list is much longer, but I'll leave it at that)

I think the campaigns or missions would be too one sided if there were no vehicles! some of you would be happy, but OFP would lose a significant part of players! IMHO the non infantry missions in CWC were some of the easiest missions and they were a welcome diversion from the infantry stuff for me. smile_o.gif

OK OK youve persuaded me after playing a tank mission again i realise why i bought OFP in the first place

Ghost Recon since it released, I can really only suggest you go try that game out if you dont like vehicles

I already have ghost recon my second favorite game but like you said it doesnt have enough vehicle interaction and firefights are too short although it is fun setting people up then pressing assault and watching the enemy disintegrate as my SAWs rip into them

btw avon i think the double vision istoo much internet i think my eyeballs are falling out

There wasnt all that many vehical missions in OPF and i think the infantry side of the game is alot better and more interesting than the helicopter/tank part of it, spec op missions are alot more imersive than the tank missions in my opinion and personaly i think vehicals kinda ruin MP games. I think i understand what snypa means here, i too am not interested in playing the role of a tank crew member in OPF2, i just hope the devs find a way to improve and limit vehical usage and also to make the role of pilot and crew usefull this time, for something more realistic i mean wink_o.gif .

Well as part of the armored platooon in SWAF: I have to say no, i am quite interested to see how they can make the tanks more realistic or better or sumet like that.

As an OFP player: same as above

As an UK citizan: same as above

As an teenager: same as above

As an ........................................(to be concluded)

Just make the vehicles more complicated would be the solution in my opinion, the turns i see people yanking the OFP helicopters into would definately cause a dynamic rollover in real life. The aircraft i see addon makers make are chargin around at 900kmph, they can't see shit, apart from a big red blob on their lovely 'radar' screen which makes the art of A/G attack in fixed wing anybody's buisness. The ZSUs targeting and firing systems are again bang your head on the desk simple, why not have different rates of fire, select which cannon fires at a time, have cooling periods, have different radar modes etc. Any one of those would add more skill required to use it effectively against a low flying target.

The hills people make tanks charge up are laughable, make em stall, that'll narrow down the people who can really use speciality vehicles (Aircraft, rotary aircraft, armoured and some small things like PBRs)

Btw, when flashpoint was released, the west's boat was a PBR. This stands for patrol boat river, although there were no rivers on the islands. Stange eh?

For those that want air, sea, Monty Python or James Bond missions, the opportunity is there as well.

Cool idea; an "Unexploded Scotsman" addon...

Btw, when flashpoint was released, the west's boat was a PBR. This stands for patrol boat river, although there were no rivers on the islands. Stange eh?

PBRs can obviously be used in other places than rivers, it's shallow hull and jet propulsion let it go anywhere the water isn't deep enough for other boats.