Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Skye virus v3.03!

Uhm i hope you don´t mind, i want to make a Mission with a friend of mine.

It will feature lots of new self made SFX by me.

And a nice Song from a Movie, i think most of you will know wink_o.gif

... i have a question how could i make 1 zombie, you know like a EndBoss that gets shot (could take 6-8 hits) falls on his face..and stands up after 3 seconds.

Im a awfull noob at scripting..cant do anything.

The Mission will take place on Dr.No´s island (Nice scenery and WAY not so much lag as on nogova for example).

You will be A Delta (BAS) and your stationed at that island.

You will wake up and ..... oh you´ll see ghostface.gif

And another question.

I want to make a ghost..that suddenly apprs and wanishes ..how can i make that?

Uhm i hope you don´t mind, i want to make a Mission with a friend of mine.

It will feature lots of new self made SFX by me.

And a nice Song from a Movie, i think most of you will know wink_o.gif

... i have a question how could i make 1 zombie, you know like a EndBoss  that gets shot (could take 6-8 hits) falls on his face..and stands up after 3 seconds.

Im a awfull noob at scripting..cant do anything.

The Mission will take place on Dr.No´s island (Nice scenery and WAY not so much lag as on nogova for example).

You will be A Delta (BAS) and your stationed at that island.

You will wake up and ..... oh you´ll see ghostface.gif

And another question.

I want to make a ghost..that suddenly apprs and wanishes ..how can i make that?

1. You will have to modify the toughunit script (I think that’s what it was called) change the damage values, add a delay where the script finishes then send the script to the start again and setdammage 0 (have a variable so this only happens as many times as you wish it to).

2. Use the setpos command to move the ghost away from the player, maybe dropping some smoke would look good too.

RED

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps a version that takes place in an urban island such as Nogova, where there are plenty of items and weapons but even more zombies. There could also be former resistance fighters or groups of lost soviets hiding from the zombies and trying to find a way out, and you can help them or kill them and take their stuff while trying to find a way to escape.

I posted a link to 2 such missions further up this page.

http://www.aggression.org/karr/nogovavirus.zip

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps a version that takes place in an urban island such as Nogova, where there are plenty of items and weapons but even more zombies. There could also be former resistance fighters or groups of lost soviets hiding from the zombies and trying to find a way out, and you can help them or kill them and take their stuff while trying to find a way to escape.

I posted a link to 2 such missions further up this page.

http://www.aggression.org/karr/nogovavirus.zip

But not about the lost russians. That would be neat if there were military units and civilians fighting.

Well, I was thinking something that has you right in the middle of it rather than in the post-apocalyptic aftermath. Nogova Virus is hard and cool, but I always get wasted or get my squad wasted. When I finally made it, I couldn't find a way into the base at Petrovice, and no safety, so I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off until I died.

And yes, I know how to use squad commands to keep them running. Maybe I'll figure it out with some more tries.. I'm just not very good at it, after all, I'm perpetually stuck on CWC After Montignac finding interesting new ways of getting shot in the woods. Don't mind me. Ok, I'll just shut up and play now.

[Edit: I found out how to beat Nogova Virus now, just not quite done it yet. By the way, one thing that would really change missions would be random or dynamic objectives. It would make missions similar to Skye Virus very open-ended and playable. Something to think about. That's what my earlier post was about]

my squad ALWAYS get killed on nogova virus. i wus playing nogova virus: th return and i was at the house (btw i love things like "i just shit my pants sir. permission to clean up?" "No, KEEP MOVING! Everyone stay upwind of him") and then i saw some zombies, and knew that i needed to keep SOME of my squad. I tried running, so they would follow me, but more and more zombies kept coming and stuff.

naywaqys... what does v3.03 have that the others dont have?

the_unknown_one

V3.03 is the original,witch was the inspration of the others,BTW both the nogova ones ARE NOT made by me and i take no credit for them.

As for the Skye virus,its very open ended on how you complete your objective (collect the radio parts) and there is no set rout for you to take.

Apart from that there is nothing that this one has from the others. Apart from not as good scripting but i shall be realeasing a new one soon with better and more dynamic scripting.

Ok fixed version is out,in the other one the script for making the zombies die didnt work on all computres when in multiplyer. so head over to the site to pick up the fix.

Umm, all I get is a file called TheSkyeVirus v3.03.Skye.pbo, which is 20.5KB in size.

I thought there was a new island and stuff. Am I wrong. It seems kinda small.

the TheSkyeVirus v3.03.Skye.pbo is the mission file. This should be placed in the MP mission section of ur OFP directory or in single player folder.

And this isint a complete MOD its just a mission so no the island wasent included in the Pbo. but the D/L for the Skye Island (by waterman NOT me) can be downloaded from my sight. Just look around the mission section of the site you should find a link.

Thanks. Not to be picky, but since 3.03 is the latest, shouldn't it have a higher version number than 3.1 and 3.2? It's kinda confusing on your site is all. Thanks again.

Tell you what D. Murphy man, I remember a year or so back when you originally posted about zombies in OFP, and everyone was saying "No! Don't, it will be shit!".  There seems to be a lot of interest in your mission. You're having the last laugh, lol smile_o.gif

Possible improvements:

I would personally like to retexture some civilians, changing them into some gore-ridden zombies; right now the zombies just look - erm, gay smile_o.gif  

I would also like to add some ambient sounds - like the moaning of the dead as they hear food!

Go to www.houseofhorrors.com (warning: gore) for textures & sounds from just about every great zombie movie.

I also have some ideas for a "dawn of the dead" type mission: u know, grab a chopper, find food, shoot up some stiffs, watch the army get eaten!

Here's what I'm thinking of:

Instead of having 7 or 8 zombies spawning at trigger points, chasing the player as currently happens at the moment, why not have zombies walking around the map.

Presuming you are WEST then that means you could have 128 x 12 zombies walking around the island attacking people. (I am using Resistance and East sides for zombies. Civilian units - e.g. people - would be custom made units, assigned to WEST side)

The zombies would start in cities, then begin their quest for flesh, attacking any human they know about (see or hear).

If they don't see a human they will wander off in a random direction, only changing direction if they wander into the sea or suchlike.

To keep the fear factor up you could always make the zombies wander into given towns that they remember from their past life.  When a zombie is killed, another should be spawned immediately, to give the impression there is an unending horde.

I would especially like to see marines squaring off against a horde of the undead (getting eaten in the end, of course.)

Oh yeah, and zombies should be afraid of fire smile_o.gif

S.

PS: possible bug: if you are in the PV3S civil truck the zombies can't get you, even if you are stationary.

Some nice ideas,But sadly I have no more time for OFP and the community  sad_o.gif  I have too much course work from school to deal with these days and little time to even eat any more!

Hopefully some new mission makers can follow on in my foot steps and improve skye virus or make there own zombie missions.

Cheers for the suggestions any way.

Murphy

BTW,dnt forget to check out my new forum at my site (look at sig. for link.)

P.S.Im still laughing wink_o.gif