Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Skye virus v3.03!

Hey all,

Its here! the next version of my most well knowen mission!

Skye Virus V3.03!

Where can you get your greasy lil mits on it?

Check out the link in my sig wink_o.gif

P.s.This version is completly untested! please report back with any proplems you incounter!

Hey. I have just a couple questions:

Is this playable without other human players?

How the heck do I install Skye Isand?

Thanks in advance. I've seen and tried just about everything else and not being able to try this is killing me!

[Edit: Got it. I think my original download was corrupted.]

Is there anyway that in an UPDATE can you add soldiers in random places that fight the zombies? Maybe in some places you find other AI humans that join you? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey. I have just a couple questions:

Is this playable without other human players?

How the heck do I install Skye Isand?

Thanks in advance. I've seen and tried just about everything else and not being able to try this is killing me!

Yes Skye Virus is Playble in Single Player allso,and to install skye island place the file "Skye.PBO" into your Addon folder loacted in Programe files/codemasters/OFP/ADDONS

Quote[/b] ]Is there anyway that in an UPDATE can you add soldiers in random places that fight the zombies? Maybe in some places you find other AI humans that join you?

I will surely look into it,but the way zombies are cotrolled will cause some proplems.Allso expect more player Slots in later Versions. wink_o.gif

Sweet. Nothing saps your confidence and courage like trying to outrun zombies in a beat up car lost in the woods at dusk.

Which brings me to another question: How do I tell the fuel left in a car or jeep? I found out the hard way I should have beelined for the nearest gas station. There's so much stuff to see and loot that balances it out, though. Really cool mission.

Thnx GRRhhg,and no sorry frenchman i dont sad_o.gif

I am going to start work on the latest version soon,but i need ideas!

This is the part where you guys come in wink_o.gif

For the next version i want some way the extend the game a little more and make it more exciting.Mainly im look for more Objectives i could add instead of just colecting radio parts.Any ideas?

IDEAS

1) A group of zombies has attacked your home while you were watching a football match. Hold them off and run to other peoples houses to create a war party to destroy the building that is infested with zombies.

2) You and your wife have to hold off a horde of zombies off your farm. tounge_o.gif

3) Your platoon is entrenched and awaits the zombie horde armed with guns

More ideas to come........

That was scary. I thought I was safe once I finally got on the road back to the safehouse, but I underestimated how quickly they move and how long they will run after you. Must have been five kilometers, and it got nasty and very nearly deadly when they caught up.

Of course, the reason I took that long is because the game failed to end after I got all parts and went back to the tower. I tried shooting all the CPU players but it still wouldn't end until I used the Endmission cheat. My computer has been having weird problems, though, so it could be just me.

Pretty cool. Neat scripting, tough enemies, and there is a ton of detail in the cities, bases, and roadblocks yet it still runs well on my old computer. I would suggest adding more handguns and ammo as well as increasing the number of zombies to add challenge, but that might make it a little too difficult for SP.

Isn't there a squad-based mission called "Nogova Virus" someone made based on this? That could get nasty...

I downloaded and installed and began playing it trhough the mission editor, except with one problem, no zombies. I didnt see any zombies at all whithin an hour a game play.i even left my computer running the map while i left my character just standing there O.o

I really enjoyed all the older versions, but I cant get this one to work, any advice?

Also, will west soldiers attack the zombies? and will the zombies choose thier own targets?

Ain't tried it yet, but I've played the older versions. Flipping hard when you try it by yourself (I have no friends to play it with, *sniff* sad_o.gif )

biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

The Skye Virus in a nutshell: Spooky. Scary. Fangs. Prick. Argh. Gush. Die. Over.

biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I was not pleased with the amount of weapons given so I dePBOed it and added Inquistors OICW,some BAS M4's and sniper rifles and a BAS blackhawk. tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

I was not pleased with the amount of weapons given so I dePBOed it and added Inquistors OICW,some BAS M4's and sniper rifles and a BAS blackhawk. tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Get an abrams then the can't get you.

I was not pleased with the amount of weapons given so I dePBOed it and added Inquistors OICW,some BAS M4's and sniper rifles and a BAS blackhawk. tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Get an abrams then the can't get you.

Any armored vechile will work against zombies. I tried a M113.

I hadn't heard of the Skye Virus til recently. Someone else (Hojo) made a mission named Nogova Virus which is basically the same except you're soldiers trying to escape. The problem was he'd hardwired in only 4 player slots. I recreated several of the scripts for a more dynamic zombie spawn and such, and also created a short sequel for it.

You can get em here:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/nogovavirus.zip

I haven't played Skye Virus much yet, but I will. It's always fun to have a change of pace from the typical military sim stuff in OFP. smile_o.gif

Cool do you mind if a unpbo the mission(s?) (aint downloading or been on that link yet) and i take a look of ur scripts? Maybe lend them for a sequal to skye virus biggrin_o.gif Ill give credit of course!

well i took a brief look at the mission file and some of the scripts,i have one question?

What are the main scripts i need for the zombies,I shall most properly take a closer look soon but i got course work to complete at the moment.

Maybe i can make a Zombie example mission for any n00b scripters who want to make zombie missions.

zombies.sqs is the spawn script for zombies

zombieattack.sqs is the one they exec upon spawn to chase players and attack.

It's fairly similar to your own, but I used a more dynamic spawn for them so a certain number spawn for each soldier and at a relative position to them.

Since the zombie spawn is server-side only, as is the attack script, I used a script named zombiePlayercheck.sqs that checks each player for zombies near them to make the player yell for help. I put in a random msg for each time they're attacked. Some of the other zombie scripts are ones I didn't use, but was testing.

I also have a version where the zombies leap at the players, but I'm not using it at the moment.

I kind of agree with putting in more weapons; its annoying when you finaly escape from the zombies in their MAD, DESTRUCTIVE CRAZY cycle of DEATH, and clawed your way to the military base after crashing the car in your fear of getting caught up by the zombies just to find: an Ingram. It would be cool if tyhere was a PROPER military base n a seperate island or something ( i cant remember if there is one though) that you had to steal a helicopter to reach, and the island is deserted (the military one) so you can get your guns, fly back to the main island and KICK SOME ZOMBIE BUTT!

I'm sorry. I just get emotional about these things.

the_unknown_one

P.S. Or like an old res base at which you can find some weapons left over from "the war".

Perhaps a version that takes place in an urban island such as Nogova, where there are plenty of items and weapons but even more zombies. There could also be former resistance fighters or groups of lost soviets hiding from the zombies and trying to find a way out, and you can help them or kill them and take their stuff while trying to find a way to escape.

An interesting addition would be random changes to the level (an eaten military patrol may sometimes appear near the start position, perhaps, and provide weapons and vehicles but also more enemies earlier on), and also multiple ways of escaping the island (boat, plane, military evacuation, but some will be randomly excluded or screw up before you can escape). This would be more complicated, but more replayable and unpredictable.

Of course, Skye Virus is great right now. Gonna go play it again soon.