Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

The m2/m3 bradley

Excellent work Rude, looking good my man.

Just a question...

Since these reskins look so good, can I ask, why havent you done anything like this before?!?!?!

biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work mate, looks really promising so far!

Pure laziness on my part! crazy_o.gif   Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Pure laziness on my part! crazy_o.gif   Thanks for the compliments everyone!

haha!

sounds about right...

well, welcome to the world of modding, I hope your stay is a long and productive one biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Ooh! Nu Brads! Me happy. biggrin_o.gif

A word of caution/tip to anyone out there doing a new Bradley - the original BIS Bradley has a rather serious config bug. Here's the deal:

The BIS Bradley inherits from the M113 class. Looking inside the M113 config, we see, among other things, this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

irScanRangeMin=0;

irScanRangeMax=0;

and the Bradley is configured thusly:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Bradley: M113

and it never restores those properties to the same values that almost all other BIS Tank-based vehicles have (BMP,BMP-2, T55,T72,T80, M60, M1A1 with the Shilka excluded). What do they have? Well...

class Tank

{

irScanRangeMin=500;

irScanRangeMax=4000;

}

Can you say "Uh-oh". crazy_o.gif Now you know why the BIS Bradley in many ways is a useless death trap, blind as a bat.

And, on a more general note, stop using the likes of irScanRange=900 in your tanks/APC:s. Use the irScanRangeMin and irScanRangeMax values and leave the middle ages of CWC 1.46 configs. wink_o.gif

Also, if your new Bradley inherits from the BIS Bradley, remember that at least a minimal requiredAddons={bradley}; is needed for a working addon.

Eagerly awaiting properly configured, good-looking BFV variants. Greets!

Ok, kids, here are some screenshots of the progress of the M2's.  Desert version is 95% complete and I just started the US/Nato camo version.

Images....

I'm discussing with rudedog about the U.S. woodland version of the M2a2 Bradly... I made one with backblast and others screenshots soon...  biggrin_o.gif

***Update November 17:34 (16:35 GMT+1)

Here's the pic U.S. ARMY Woodland camo.

m2all.jpg

I have found something on Rudedog's page:

an M2a2/a3 3D Model

THE LINK smile_o.gif

And could you give me a direct link... If we are using a new model , not BIS ones , what is totaly protected. We could make more extra things. crazy_o.gif

And for the M6 Linebacker , we could make it too...

It would be very usefull in Support missions.

rbeni12

Ahh, those are just pics I found on the Facets web site a long time ago. They are 3d models used by the military in simulators.  They are just there for reference.  No need to get all excited.

Here is the link to the Facets site

Ahh, those are just pics I found on the Facets web site a long time ago. They are 3d models used by the military in simulators.  They are just there for reference.  No need to get all excited.

Here is the link to the Facets site

The model request doesn't work... Do you have those models? They are good , I think... We need to modify them..But would be good in Later versions, or contact BAS to allow of the use of the M2a2 in their Desert pack...  crazy_o.gif

The facets3d's M2A2 looks almost the same as the BIS ones , maybe they edited from that. No?  rock.gif   biggrin_o.gif

PS: I didn't worked.. Can someone tell me how can I contact Ramo (remo who made the mlod tool with FilpeR) ? or FlipeR?

THE IBAS System

IBAS1.gif

Improved Bradley Acquisition Subsystem

At the top of the M2A2

Just for the textures...

***Update

I have made this for the new version of the U.S. version

Well... if BAS is already making one, I think you are better off just assisting them in finishing up their M2A2 because if they release theirs and it has a more accurate model, then your addon (if it's just a retextured BIS model) will likely get forgotten.    

As was stated before (and as the pictures show), the M2A2 looks a heck of a lot different then the original M2 (the BIS model).   So hopefully BAS will let you finish up their model (if you choose to do so).   Otherwise unless you get ahold of the program used to DePBO BIS models (in order to add the extra armor panels to it), then it will likely be forgotten once BAS releases their M2A2.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well... if BAS is already making one, I think you are better off just assisting them in finishing up their M2A2 because if they release theirs and it has a more accurate model, then your addon (if it's just a retextured BIS model) will likely get forgotten.    

As was stated before (and as the pictures show), the M2A2 looks a heck of a lot different then the original M2 (the BIS model).   So hopefully BAS will let you finish up their model (if you choose to do so).   Otherwise unless you get ahold of the program used to DePBO BIS models (in order to add the extra armor panels to it), then it will likely be forgotten once BAS releases their M2A2.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thank you for your reply , yes , we are trying to get BIS MLOD M2a2.. We are contacting BIS..

Yes we are planning to improve the BIS model.

So we could add new things like "open backdoor" wink_o.gif

m2plan.jpg

Progress Report. Updated with the IBAS system.

It's version 0.8 now:

- IBAS

- IR

- TOW 2 (new model)

- GPS

A plea : plz do NOT make it too powerfull. Munger's proposition of a 2 RPG shots hits from certain angle, and only 1 from other I see fit perfectly for the A2 version (I saw reports of both bradley surviving (in bad shape) RPG shots and destroyed by RPG, not completely, but utterly useless after being hit). If possible to ensure that the crew survive 1 shot, it would be ok smile_o.gif

And use the manualControl thing (I don't remember right how we did for Eryx, but that's exactly what BIS did with the Carl Gustav : auto-guided when in rookie mode, manual guided when in veteran mode, in fact it's an option in the difficulties settings).

Well, anyway I'm pretty sure you know everything about this smile_o.gif Just a reminder ;)

A plea : plz do NOT make it too powerfull. Munger's proposition of a 2 RPG shots hits from certain angle, and only 1 from other I see fit perfectly for the A2 version (I saw reports of both bradley surviving (in bad shape) RPG shots and destroyed by RPG, not completely, but utterly useless after being hit). If possible to ensure that the crew survive 1 shot, it would be ok smile_o.gif

And use the manualControl thing (I don't remember right how we did for Eryx, but that's exactly what BIS did with the Carl Gustav : auto-guided when in rookie mode, manual guided when in veteran mode, in fact it's an option in the difficulties settings).

Well, anyway I'm pretty sure you know everything about this smile_o.gif Just a reminder ;)

Ok Ill make it.. I don't know if the Manual fire is possible , but I will try.. And for the armour values , it's been fixed ,so it gots destroyed with only 1 PRG, or totaly damaged.. (the crew get's out of the tank)

rbeni12

THE IBAS System

IBAS1.gif

At the top of the M2A2

Just for the textures...

***Update

I have made this for the new version of the U.S.  version

that is for the m2a3 not he m2a2 the a2 has a regular isu rock.gif

THE IBAS System

At the top of the M2A2

Just for the textures...

***Update

No... i think not.. I see it on the M2A2 pictures...  crazy_o.gif

I made the damage values. It can be shot down by 1 RPG or if it not gets destroyed it gets totaly damaged and the crew gets out , if they survive.

THE IBAS System

At the top of the M2A2

Just for the textures...

***Update

No... i think not.. I see it on the M2A2 pictures...  crazy_o.gif

I made the damage values. It can be shot down by 1 RPG or if it not gets destroyed it gets totaly damaged and the crew gets out , if they survive.

well i sorry to bust your hump but the pic you showed is for the A3 it is a 48x sight the A2 is only 12X

it is a little taller and wider than a A2 ISU

Ok youve impressed me now  biggrin_o.gif

You should definitely join the Gulf War mod , your texture work ooks good better then the ones theyve made so far , your look realistic.

I hope they get released soon too... smile_o.gif

We can always talk biggrin_o.gif

Last stuff of ours that got released was last year...December I think. Since then the only stuff anyone outside the mod has seen is screenshots (pretty much, I know there are exceptions). And screenshots can do whatever you want them to do... smile_o.gif

You should definitely join the Gulf War mod , your texture work ooks good better then the ones theyve made so far , your look realistic.

We can always talk  biggrin_o.gif

Last stuff of ours that got released was last year...December I think. Since then the only stuff anyone outside the mod has seen is screenshots (pretty much, I know there are exceptions). And screenshots can do whatever you want them to do...  smile_o.gif

I can release it , but you will get a better if you wait! That's a promise and will be released , not as BAS addons smile_o.gif it depends on Rudedog...  smile_o.gif

I'm still searcing for the MLOD of the M2A2

We have a problem! We have a new model , but it's hard to get the MLOd of the M2A2! sad_o.gif

Last stuff of ours that got released was last year...December I think. Since then the only stuff anyone outside the mod has seen is screenshots (pretty much, I know there are exceptions). And screenshots can do whatever you want them to do...  smile_o.gif

LOL i wasnt trampling your nice work man biggrin_o.gif

Just that Gulf war Mod's texture look a bit off to me (thats just me maybe tounge_o.gif ) but they have their contrast rates too high IMO.

Rudes M2a2 looks very realistic with light camo and nice lightned texture. Would be nice to have this used in your MOD too since i like to see integrity in mods in such things.

LOL i wasnt trampling your nice work man  biggrin_o.gif

Just that Gulf war Mod's texture look a bit off to me (thats just me maybe  tounge_o.gif ) but they have their contrast rates too high IMO.

Rudes M2a2 looks very realistic with light camo and nice lightned texture. Would be nice to have this used in your MOD too since i like to see integrity in mods in such things.

Hehe tounge_o.gif thanks for the reply.. I can fix it if you want its very ease to fix it! biggrin_o.gif Do you want it, post it ? smile_o.gif

You should show us a few ingame pics as well as to how it looks and in the desert too .. biggrin_o.gif