Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Geforce fx 5600 problems

Hmm not my place but can i moan here a bit too ghostface.gif

Since many servers are still running OFP 1.91 i have to sue that to play MP but usually i do play 1.92 (Which crashes for no REASON and is pissing me off royaly). As for 1.91 it just cannot bear to keep more addons then 1.50 GB whther they be in mod folders or not.My Ofp simply loses its SOUND yes there is no sound if i do use mod-folders and stuff...and sometimes i even get the cannot memeory map error too ??

Any ideas how i can rectify the sitaution.

NOTE: This has happened not to me only but some other people who i know too with OFP 1.91 rock.gif

Hmm not my place but can  i moan here a bit too  ghostface.gif

Since many servers are still running OFP 1.91 i have to sue that to play MP but usually i do play 1.92 (Which crashes for no REASON and is pissing me off royaly). As for 1.91 it just cannot bear to keep more addons then 1.50 GB whther they be in mod folders or not.My Ofp simply loses its SOUND yes there is no sound if i do use mod-folders and stuff...and sometimes i even get the cannot memeory map error too ??

Any ideas how i can rectify the sitaution.

NOTE: This has happened not to me only but some other people who i know too with OFP 1.91 rock.gif

Feel lucky you can reach 1.5 GB of addons, I can' even reach 50 MB of addons and get green screen....

Ok I also was in the club Green screen.

All I did was down load the original addons and then moved them onto the the proper folders, not copy and paste it, seemed to work.

yes there is a DX 9.0b issue with the 5600 256 cards but who will fix? probably Microsoft since they make the DX program, thats why codemasters isnt responding to some of the emails I sent.

But I'm only speculating.

crazy_o.gif

350watt power antec

albatron kt400-8xv

2700xp 333fsb

1gb ram pc3200 400 (333)

santacruz trurtle beach 5.1

western digitle 40gb ata100

seagate 30gb ata100

tdk 58x cdrw rw eidie 33

16x hollywood dvd player cd eidie33

lan card 10/100

Win xp home edition

comcast cable

netgear cable router rp614r

to the 2 other computers I built

This happend to a friend that he just bougth a PC but he dont speak enbglish and he ask me to post this for him .

I bought a new PC, with XP2500,2 x 256mb DDRAM, A7N8X , SB Live! 5.1, FX 5600 256mb and 120 GB HDD runnin Win XP Home Ed. SP1. I install OFP, patch it up to 1.91, install a few addons...Start up...Green screen...There are over 20mb of addons and it is exactly like what people have been experiencing.Then I take the FX 5600 out of my new PC, put it into my older PC (XP 1600,K7S5A,512 SDRAM,SB Live! 5.1,20GB HDD) and install Win XP Home Ed. on this PC.I install lots of addons (over 120mb) and the game runs fine...Now there's a noodle scratcher if I know one :-/

Well I have a similiar problem erm. I have an geforce fx 5200 and all i get now is that it crashes to desktop, without warning, it does it in 1.91 and 1.92, is thisd the same problem or have i got a complete different problem? and if it is a different problem what do I do to fix it?

Same thing

1024RAM

3Gb Virtual Mem

XP Pro

CWC/Res/1.92

2.4Ghz P4 400FSB

19" Monitor

Blue Keybord

Case Fan with Purple Light

2*80Gb HDD & 1*40Gb

(enough Specs Placebo :P)

How about the rest of your system specs to use for comparison?

I think it's the purple light causing your problems ;)

What drivers?

Haven't been able to play OFP in months now.

Deleted the game then reinstalled barebones Resistance with no additional addons and I'm getting the green screen.

Any news BIS

Watching all these BAS addons come out and not being able to play them is driving me mad! sad_o.gif

I think it's the purple light causing your problems ;)

*Powerslide smashes his purple light*

And all you guys with lots of ram have tried lowering the agp aperature in bios?

That solved my problem... Changed the aperature size from 256 to 128.

Oh, and I have a Radeon 9800 Pro.

If you can take the AGP aparature down to 64 meg. Thats worked for some guys. Checked mine and it was already set to 64. Dont know if u tried this untick the fog emulation box in g force preferences in the properties.

My low performance prob.

Managed to lift my fps to a higher level using a combination of different graphics card settings but still have a long way to go.

Quote[/b] ]If you can take the AGP aparature down to 64 meg. Thats worked for some guys.

I just format my hard disk afew days ago and b4 i format my bios was in 64 meg when that i had the problem , now after the format the Video chg to 256 meg and the problem still there now i chg to 128 meg and still sad_o.gif , the thing is that when i buy this PC (3 Months ago) i was playing fine with all my addons then one day for no particular reasson the Green screen problem starts, i really dont remember if it was b4 or after i install a newest NVIDIA driver , thats why i format the PC to install again the drivers that come with the card bit aparently that was not the problem . what i want to know is why the 1st month my PC was working fine with more thgan 80 unoficiall addons and wit the Cuality detailll set in "Very High" now i cant have mopre than 15 addons and if i set the detail higher than normal the game starts moving little slow sad_o.gif.  that happend with the original drivers and with the new ones .    BTW my VC is NVIDIA Gforce FX 5600 256mg and my proccesor is PIV 3.0 HT with 1024 ram.

Try using 1.94 beta. If the problem still persist with it, run it with -nomap command line argument. If that will not help either, report it here.

Lowering my apeture was no help and running 1.94 Beta as it is doesnt fix it however the -nomap in the target line seems to work. I am still adding moree addons slowly and testing but it is stable so far. Thanks BIS.

Edit: System Specs

Athlon 3000+ on N-force chipset

Geforce 5600 256 MB Video

Audigy Gamer

Windows XP Pro

And a queer purple light in my case

Patch 1.94 Beta has solved the green screen issue for me, maybe you guys should d/l and try that...

Patch 1.94 Beta has solved the green screen issue for me, maybe you guys should d/l and try that...

Did you have to use -nomap command deameat?

WooHoo!! Rock n Roll !!

Thanks BIS, 1.94beta and -nomap worked great.

Just added -nosplash and ALL my addons.Works perfectly infact I don't know what you guys did but it seems my logitec laser mouse is more stable also.

Thanks again

I was experiencing the green screen bug, and an install of 1.92 solved the prob, just means I can only play on 1.92 running servers when I need a lot of addons... wink_o.gif

Did you have to use -nomap command deameat?

Yeah, I get green screen without -nomap.

But with -nomap, it works a charm biggrin_o.gif

Well i give up i try 1.94 and nothing i also try it with -nosplash, and also try all the bios 64. 128 and 256. all with nosplashs and without it and still geting the green screen , BTW whats that -nomap thing i use a -nosplash is that the same ?

_The_X_Men @ Oct. 12 2003,03:02)]Well i give up i try 1.94 and nothing i also try it with -nosplash, and also try all the bios 64. 128 and 256.  all with nosplashs and without it and still geting the green screen ,   BTW whats that -nomap thing i use a -nosplash is that the same ?

No splash is not the problem. Instead of that use -nomap in the target line of the 1.94 exe.

-nomap and -nosplash are not the same, -nosplash gets rid of the advertising screens when starting the game, -nomap is an alternative way for the game to handle addons, it solves many people's problems, you should try it, it can be used in conjunction with -nosplash.

well at the end of my shortcut propieties to OFP i have

.EXE" -nosplash -mod=mods .

I also made a folder named c:/progfiles/codemasters/ofp/mods/addons

thats where i put all my addons , can any one explain me what i have to do for use of the nomap rock.gif

or at leasts tell me where can i find information bout it rock.gif