Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Geforce fx 5600 problems

Have you tried alt+tabbing out then back in again?

yes, i have tried that aswell. still nice and green when i tab back to the game :\

I was going to say that version 56.57 gives me artifacts and lockups and no other drivers I have tried gives those results.But its always worth a try to upgrade/downgrade video drivers sometimes.

Your problem has me stumped,hardly anyone I know plays 1.46 and I am not aware of green screen/lockup problem with 1.46.

Our computers are very simliar:

Piv 2.8 ,1024 pc333 ddr ram,asrock p4vt8+,geforce fx 5600 ultra,winxp pro

(I did have the pleasure of using a 9800 pro for a few weeks,but downgraded back to 5600u but its ok)

Only other machine that plays OFP here is my 3 year old sons

Piv celeron 2.6,256ram,fx5600,win98se

No problems with either,but again,who plays 1.46

I however ran 1.46 until I got Resistance (I am pretty sure 1.46 was out by the time I got Resistance)

just tried the older 53.03 drivers which i found worked best for me before (not really tried the 56.64 out too heavily yet) and got the same problem sad_o.gif i really dont know what to make of this. such a shame i cant get it working

Did you try to update your windows? In microsoft Windows update it was a patch for directx 9, something related to performance in 3d graphic cards.

i have pimped opflash to several of my friends to get them to play with my friends and i.

one of the guys has a 5600fx. flash runs ok with no addons, but once it goes over a certain number of MBs in the addon folder 'the olive screen of death' appears.

is this the problem that everyone else is having?

or is it olive from the outset?

also is there a fix for the addon problem?

flash is great but its a bit stale running with no addons....

if u run v1.96 and use a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -nomap parameter its guaranteed the dreaded green screen will go away.

if u run v1.96 and use a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -nomap
parameter its guaranteed the dreaded green screen will go away.

will that work with addons?

because with an empty addon folder it is fine.

if u run v1.96 and use a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -nomap
parameter its guaranteed the dreaded green screen will go away.

will that work with addons?

because with an empty addon folder it is fine.

yes, supposedly the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-nomap feature forces the game to load only the addons u are using on that specific mission ( i think).

If u are familiarized with setting up the target properties of your shortcut it should be simple, if u arent heres an example of a shortcut:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA1.96.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=BAS;llauma;All

*note that i renamed my 1.96 exe (originaly FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE) to FLASHPOINTBETA1.96.EXE so i dont confuse it with other versions, and u can add loads more mod files, just put a <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; between each mod folder name.

Hope it helps.

ok, we ran 1.96 with nomap and tonal island addons.

end result:

error message: cannot load res\addons\o.pbo

so no dice.