Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Shadow

Cti- worst thing to happen to ofp

CTI has had a big impact on the downfall of OFP- what a junk mission. Seems almost every server is playing this crap that takes 2-4 hours to complete- but with no join in progress for OFP- ends up it is twice as hard to get a game going now then before. Think Ill float over to ghost recon, at least u can play more than 1 game an hour.

"When will cti die!!!!" -- Another thread about this.

Personally I love CTI, probably the best user-made mission for OFP... It's great fun, at least if you play with someone you know. It's true that JIP would fit it, but people enjoy it anyway. And there are more servers hosting regular CTF's than servers hosting CTI's. Hosting a 30min CTF and then switching directly to a multi-hour long CTI game maybe isn't that good... so it's nice with CTI-only servers.

(4 am Can't sleep)

GOD DAMNIT I MISS PLANE FRENZY AND CHOPPER CRAZY FROM my newb GAMESPY days!

Didnt see the other topic about this, but just checked and ingame browser shows 16 servers up and 7 are playing cti with anywhere from 4 to 12 palyers. As usual now- there are no open servers with more than 2 players waiting. What a shame such a fun game has gotten this bad. sad_o.gif

God I hated Plane Frenzy hehe.

Oh, 7 servers playing CTI, usually when I check there aren't that many.

Try checking at other hours maybe, when more European servers are being used.

But there's more to OFP than those CQC CTF maps smile_o.gif A lot more

Many reasons to dislike cti! too many one man crew vehicals, extremely boring, usualy takes place at Nogova, most used weapons are sniper rifles and rpgs, etc... definetly not the reason why i like the game , doesnt fit the "most realistic combat game simulation ever made" thingy, good oll c&h infantry missions i like better. I can play a good mission for more than a hour though, 30 mins isnt enough for a good OPF session smile_o.gif .

I don't like it on Nogova, I prefer Everon/Malden and Sarugao, and with just me and a m8, with and against AI. No "sniper rifle + RPG" BS wink_o.gif That's the way I like to play CTI.

Didnt see the other topic about this, but just checked and ingame browser shows 16 servers up and 7 are playing cti with anywhere from 4 to 12 palyers. As usual now- there are no open servers with more than 2 players waiting. What a shame such a fun game has gotten this bad. sad_o.gif

CTI is NOT the downfall of Operation Flashpoint, I don't see how it is having a negative effect on the game, if anything it is a positive influence. Game types such as BattleField are what bother me. I am sitting in my T-80, happily blasting away with heat shells at enemy-occupied Davle. Oh, whats this? A teammate shoves a AT-4 rocket up my T-80s exhause! "Sorry, I thought you were west" is his explanation. I say "Lets see here, I am on EAST side with a EAST T-80 firing at a town with WEST soldiers in it. I even have a Soviet Star on my squad.xml! And you STILL FIRE AT ME FUCKER!?" - Last time I played that waste knows as battlefield. mad_o.gif

Right now I see 36 servers with roughly half playing some form of CTI/RTS. I would not call that a take-over of Flashpoint Multiplayer.

I like CTI, but with public servers anybody can join, from Team killers, spammers, noobs, and just complete idiots. So I don't play CTI that much anymore. Mostly private games now. And Cooperation missions too. Those can be alot of fun if you got the right people playing them with you.

I don't like it on Nogova, I prefer Everon/Malden and Sarugao, and with just me and a m8, with and against AI. No "sniper rifle + RPG" BS wink_o.gif That's the way I like to play CTI.

My philosophy:

Nogova = Lagova

Trinity island is quite nice too. Everon is nice for fast missions, there are few places to set up your base.

i would disagree- CTI has sucked alot life out of the game and is a leading cause in fewer online games being able to be played- I dont have the time to sit around and play a 3 hour mission, and without join in progress, i dont have the time to wait another 2-3 hours for some servers to finish playing it. That is the reason it sucks- not the actual mission itself. Its just tooooooo long (ever actualy play where half the gamers are still connected after an hour- prob not) and has a tendency to lag alot. Dont get me wrong- im no fan of all those "drop a hundred houses into 300m" cqb ctf maps either- the maps i played the most and always had a tona flks playing were the regular capture and hold maps like on SHOP. Even the bigger ctf maps are still fun(like ctf hunt, etc) Just seems cant get any games going so im sure many like me are finding something better. mad_o.gif

If anything, CTI's the best thing to happen to OFP.  I personally dislike CTF.  CTF is so repetitive.

Someone said they're always on Nogova, I don't think I've ever played CTI on Nogova.

CTIs are really fun, because of the strategy involved, you have to think about your moves, its not just some free-for-all fragfest.

CTI is good fun for me when i'm in the mood for it, i.e. when i got about 4 hours to spare tounge_o.gif but I can't see why 7-10 servers have to run it the majority of the time, specially when some of those servers used to be my fav place to go to play good ole ctf's sad_o.gif

A question;

I have only tried this CTI solo (I mostly play solo).

How does it work online? Is everyone at one camp basically building troops/buildings at a fast pace while watching the units move about? Or is the idea that players help the squads themselves?

BM

You have one player as commander, whilst the others try and take the towns.

Perhaps I have a solution to your problems:

Sinews of War 2.0 is almost done (95%)

For those unaware - SOW exploits certain functions to "save" an inventory system during MP games.

When the core files are done and in testing, I will be creating a themed co-op MP campaign (due in another month or so - although the core files will be available to mission designers to make their own very,VERY soon). This campaign will act like a CTI in that it will be long and involved (random and dynamic also), but missions will be shorter and therefore can be enloyed by more people because you can join in-between missions. I would post more info, but I have been holding back until the SOW 2 website is finished. Once that is up I will post it immediately. Otherwise, I'd be repeating myself post after post on features, tools, etc... I just couldn't resist the temptation to "plug" it in this thread though!  biggrin_o.gif

Consider this a "Coming Soon" plug!

All you have to know right now is that it has been a blast to test so far and I think many people will enjoy it. Many thanks again to CoC for providing Network Services and especially bn880 for the help he has given.

...or nvm was thinking of something else

CTI is the type of missions "I dont mind playing"

And if you think CTI takes too long In original OFP.

I assure you in OFP 2, CTI maps will last an extremely long time with the bigger islands. wink_o.gif

Hopefully you can leave the server, and then come back whenever you want. (With the new MP feature)

Seems to me these days there is either CQB CTF or CTI and not much else in between.

Ahhh the glory days of the massive C&H conflicts on the SHoP server are long gone sad_o.gif

Being on PST doesnt help much either west coast USA is at the end of the earth as far as numbers of people playing OFP during prime time hours.

I like all forms of multiplayer OFP I'll play anything biggrin_o.gif

CTI has had a big impact on the downfall of OFP- what a junk mission. Seems almost every server is playing this crap that takes 2-4 hours to complete- but with no join in progress for OFP- ends up it is twice as hard to get a game going now then before. Think Ill float over to ghost recon, at least u can play more than 1 game an hour.

good for you smile_o.gif see ya around but in Ghost recon that game blows serious ass hahahahaha hey mabe ya can pick half life 2 smile_o.gif

I like the concept of the CTI missions, but it is wrecking the OFP community that i have grown to love over the two years i have played this game

and why.

Well if you only play the game and dont get more involved in the communityyou wouldnt realise

Basically online gamers are impatient, they wont wait at all. In OFP's hey day, servers like Stoners House of Pancakes had queues of players waiting to get on. I was an admin on the server and many of times had to wait an hour for a game. If i logged on 1 minute into the game, waiting 29 mins for the next wasnt a problem

Waiting wasnt a problem because you knew when the mission was going to finish

Bring on CTI, absolutely brilliant concept, some downsides to it, lots of lag desync etc

Biggest problem, a small group of players hogging the server for an unknown time period. Folks wont wait, player numbers drop, server becomes unpopular

The players that want these games leave halfway through, screwing up the balance, so you end up with maybe 6 players 2 hours into a game on a server that can host 30

The servers community gradually fades and now players simply migrate from server to server. No community

Try getting a 30 player C&H game nowadays, very difficult

well some weeks back Zeus decided to remove all the CTI maps, best thing we did in ages

In addition with the new style of maps being created for the EFL league we are now seeing Progressive C&H type of games or Reverse CTF games and the server community is slowly growing again

So if you dont want to wait 2 hours for a game and you dont want CTI then join us and some of the other servers that have scrapped CTI. leave the idiots to play there silly 6 man games, bring back the big 30 player battles with multi voices over the voice comm software

I miss the coop mission Return to eden. Noone seems to want to play it anymore. All thats played I see besides some are CTI Everon,Hexenkessel (the biggest spawnkilling map ever) and ctf Saint Pierre (totally uneven, west wins everytime)

But....... a interesting CTI would be as follows. How about a CTI that is on the new BHD map. Instead of it being West vs East, it could be West vs Res. Forces could be as follows

West:

BAS Deltas or Lasers Deltas

BAS Rangers or Lasers Rangers

BAS Blackhawk

BAS Littlebird

Rifleman's (soon to be released) desert armed hummers

BAS desert armor and car pack (soon tounge_o.gif)

Res:

Bimini's (hope to be fixed SOON) African goverment forces

BIS jeep with machine gun

RHS desert t55 (not realistic but for balance)

Desert Mi24 (??? realistic?)

Resistance:

Bimini's African militia

Toyota hilux with machine gun

The west would start with less money for a equal game.

I think this is offtopic so I will make a thread about my idea.

crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

a big c&h with a shit load of peeps is the best. cti bores me to no end. i drive 200 miles and kill a couple ai.