Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Addon servers

An Auto-Addon Linux server is available for download. Current version is 1.21

Some additional info: read the readme (it helps).

After reading the readme anyone is welcome to PM, ICQ (543207) or email me (certa@binarybone.com) for help setting up the server.

The hard job is not installing the server, it takes 1-2 minutes, but preparing the packages of addons and uploading them to your ftp/http site, that can take time.

I'm going to improve OFP Watch with a smarter mod folder detection, which is very stupid right now. I recommend you set -mod=modsettings as startup parameters if you have a lot of mod folders. Also going to add quick buttons for moving installed packes to mod folders and the option to install normal (addons/) packages to modfolders directly.

None of this will need any updates to the Auto-Addon server side.

Hit_Sqd_Maximus: I didn't mean to hijack this/your thread for my Auto-Addon project :-)

Some of the links for your addons are broken sad_o.gif

Yeah, NoOne's site finally went down. (He left the OFP community quite some time ago.) They're fixed, now.

An Auto-Addon Linux server is available for download. Current version is 1.21

And it is an excellent work. Thanks very much Certa. What would be nice is if the serveradmins could agree on certain packages so players don't have to d/l them again when playing on another server (eg bas addons, dkm addons, etc). Maybe i did not understand all the functions of the client, but it seems that it wants to reload many packages when the install path differs or the addons are grouped together differently.

Quote[/b] ]And it is an excellent work. Thanks very much Certa. What would be nice is if the serveradmins could agree on certain packages so players don't have to d/l them again when playing on another server (eg bas addons, dkm addons, etc). Maybe i did not understand all the functions of the client, but it seems that it wants to reload many packages when the install path differs or the addons are grouped together differently.

Thanks,

Admins should group addons into logical packages. Addons belonging together and normally installed together should share a zip.

Unfortunately it will have to download an entire package if one of the required files in the package are missing. Here comes the advantage of smaller package files and logical grouping. It should not need to install if only the install path differs though.

So if i want to have it so a client has to connect with only the regular addons and one mod folder with specific addons can i do that?  and will the client have to use the ofpwatch client for this to be possible?

Oh and yes excellent work certa. if you guys sort out the packages i will follow suit. i don't want to zip em all and change em so i will let you guys come up with a standard.

So if i want to have it so a client has to connect with only the regular addons and one mod folder with specific addons can i do that?  and will the client have to use the ofpwatch client for this to be possible?

Yes and no, peolpe might have other configurations. OFP Watch will try to set the required mod settings for them (will be better with the next version).

Ultimately the player decide where the addons are. A lot of people wants to have their addons one way and they are going to move the files around no matter what standard I add to OFP Watch or how you script the addons to install.

There are no way to enforce a player to connect with a 'clean' addons folder. You can however install your addons into a specific addons folder but with the next version of OFP Watch I making the player can override this.

OFP Watch is not required, players can still connect via the good old icon as long as they set the mod switches. However, if there are conflicting addons (addons with same name but different contents) already installed by OFP Watch in the addons/ folder, launching with OFP Watch helps since it will automatically enable/disable addons depending on what's required by the addon-server.

Anyone knows?

-mod=modfolder1;modfolder2

or

-mod=modfolder2;modfolder1

Does the order of the listed mod make any difference when the two folders contain conflicting addons?

I hope it does.

Does the order of the listed mod make any difference when the two folders contain conflicting addons?

I elaborated on it a bit.

-mod=mod1;mod2

The last mod folder in the list got the highest priority. Two pbo's with the same name, one in each mod folder but only the pbo in mod2 will be loaded.

I'm sure someone already knew this, but now I know :-)

Quote[/b] ]-mod=mod1;mod2

The last mod folder in the list got the highest priority. Two pbo's with the same name, one in each mod folder but only the pbo in mod2 will be loaded.

Confirmed. This is exactly how it works. Moreover, Res is always added on the beginning, resulting in mod search path Res;mod1;mod2 - meaning Res is scanned last before falling back to no-mod data.

That is why I think it is better addons should not be designed to be put in the Res\Addons folder.

I think it is better to place in OFP\Addons, as any conflicts with official units should be overcome once Res\Addons is loaded.

OFP Watch 0.97 out

Mainly addressing better mod folder support.

To upgrade from 0.96, just click the flashing link button, it takes a few seconds and you are done.

For new installation or manual upgrade, download from OFP Watch

-----

Updates in 0.97:

Several minor bug fixes.

Some potential security issues addressed.

'Show files' from the download screen now works and takes you to the advanced view listing all the files in this not yet downloaded or installed package.

A 'Default to' column added on the download screen showing package default installation path.

A drop down edit box gives the option to install addons into any mod folder of choice, existing or new.

A new diamond shaped icon added for files installed in a different path since the green triangle was confused with an error/warning. Triangles and x-ed round are now pure evil, round and diamond are good.

Automatic mod folder detection improved, it now picks the most optimized combination of mod folders possible. Earlier OFP Watch often selected too many mod folders causing unnecessary conflicts.

Added manual selection of mod folders via the user interface in the server add/edit window. Manually added mod folders will now always be loaded no matter if you have selected automatic mod folder detection or not. This is for instance perfect for people using hisky or custom sound packs. Automatic selection is adding to the manual selection.

A list of automatically selected mod folders are now stored per server in case the addon server is down.

Ok how do i tell ofpwatcher to target my 1.92 exe and not 1.91?? This problem is plaguing me sincer i cant use 1.91 with all my addons and Kegetys ofp watcher does the same thing and theres no option to change the executable it simply shows the res exe and not 1.92 exe why is this? crazy_o.gif

Ok how do i tell ofpwatcher to target my 1.92 exe and not 1.91?? This problem is plaguing me sincer i cant use 1.91 with all my addons and Kegetys ofp watcher does the same thing and theres no option to change the executable it simply shows the res exe and not 1.92 exe why is this?  crazy_o.gif

If your 1.92 executable is named "FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE". OFP Watch will try to launch this file if the watched server is a 1.92 . If it not exists, it will launch "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" or "OPERATIONFLASHPOINT.EXE" if the server version is below 1.75.

Also, the 1,92 beta executable file name is only supported by OFP Watch 0.96+.

For you guys trying other beta versions I have not support right now. You must rename your exe to "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE".

Next OFP Watch version will have support for multiple custom executables.

how about making the prog resizable (with fullscreen u have a better overview)?

-----

if u feel your prog "ready", i would make some heavy advertisment for it - informing mod-sites, server-hosting-ppl and maybe even BIS for making it an offical tool!

@ Oct. 05 2003' date='10:37)']how about making the prog resizable (with fullscreen u have a better overview)?

-----

if u feel your prog "ready", i would make some heavy advertisment for it - informing mod-sites, server-hosting-ppl and maybe even BIS for making it an offical tool!

Have been thinking of resizable windows. It's just that I have to change the entire program skeleton to make it good so it's nothing I have in the plans for the next update.

The tool is ready, not perfect but ready. I've spent a lot of time on it and I've sort of proved to myself it works. Now I've lost some of the interest, been too lazy (or sick of the tools) to write proper docs and do the marketing.

Don't worry. I have plans for updates and I do email support more or less every day -And I will write some better docs sooner or later.

More and more servers are joining up even if it's only one new per week.

BIS knows about OFP Watch and Auto-Addon Server and are positive about it but I think they are smart to let this be a community made tool. Unless they take over the source, they can't guarantee its functionality or support.

I should get moving biggrin_o.gif should...

This has probably been mentioned before, But us over at OGN.com.au have created a AUTO Addon updater, soon a new version will be released that supports addon/mod folders as well as many other things.

This is basicly a program that checks what addons you have and downloads whatever ones your missing, no need to search for addon packs or stand alone addons etc..

Anyway it has been designed to work for any server thanks to custom configable files etc...

I wish BIS added a logfile that logged the server and what addons it requested etc.. or add a server feature to take the user to a webpage if he/she is missing addons. A custom webpage that someone can set, like the autoupdater webpage for instance smile_o.gif

A quick way to support 1.94 beta With OFP Watch 0.97 via the addon manager.. For technical people only. Do this at your own risk!

Start OFP Watch, go to Addon Manager -> Advanced -> select <core files>

Find and select FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE, click column headers to sort name and path to find it quicker.

Click Bind to -> new package and name the package "OFP 1.91" or something you like. Home page field is not really used, just leave it.

Click Package to get to the package view and select your new "OFP 1.91" package. Click disable.

Close OFP Watch.

Now, open your file explorer and rename your 1.94 "FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" to "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

Open OFP Watch again after the file is renamed (important).

Back to the addon manager -> Advanced -> select <core files> and click the name sort tab. Again, locate FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE but this time you should see two of them, one enabled and one disabled. Select the enabled one and click Bind to -> new package. Call it "OFP 1.94".

Done.

Now go back to package view once more and you will have “OFP 1.91" and "OFP 1.94" in the list. Just make sure to enable the version you want to play before launching.

Note: If the server is 1.92, OFP Watch will look for "FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE" first. Either delete 1.92, or rename it and add it as a package like above. I hope you get the picture.

Good luck!

OFP Watch 0.98 out

To upgrade from 0.96/0.97, just click the flashing link button, it takes a few seconds and you are done.

For new installation or manual upgrade, download from here

-----

Updates in 0.98:

Single player launch support. Instead of adding/editing a server you may add a single player setup to the list. Just hit Play Now to launch.

Custom executable file names. For any given favourite server/setup you may specify what executable to use. Perfect for people evaluating beta 1.93/1.94 but still playing 1.91 of OFP.

server98.jpg

Yay cool! "favourite" is spelled Favorite

Don't upset the brits! smile_o.gif

Yay cool! "favourite" is spelled Favorite

Don't upset the brits!  smile_o.gif

LMAO!

-PD

The new GDT Server is online now and it supports ofp watch too (as did the old one). In fact you will need it badly as we have lots of addons on the server tounge_o.gif

OFP and TS2 server (PW: 1815) at gdt.game-server.cc (213.239.197.197).