Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

A little soon?

Some people need to be given a good smack upside the head now and then to reconnect them with reality.

edit: besides, what's there to make a sequel about? Don't you kill Saddam in the first game?

It's a sequel to the first game, not about OIR.

Quote[/b] ]Set in the 1991 Gulf War, Conflict: Desert Storm II takes you a further 300km behind enemy lines

in other words, a rational thinking person would,

1. get OFP

2. get some desert themed addons

3. get some addons

wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yeah, the game still takes part during GW1.

A funny side note in the title is:

American: Conflict Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad

European: Conflict Desert Storm II

They took back the last bit in Europe, didnt fly well with the focus group. In America, they loved it though : )

(However, its a PR nightmare since all journalists get dreadfully confused)

@ July 27 2003,06:47)]Some people need to be given a good smack upside the head now and then to reconnect them with reality.

You want reality? Reality is cold, hard $$$ for the publisher and developer sad_o.gif

uggg. not another one of these. crazy_o.gif I played the demo of this and was disgusted.

I played it for maybe 10mins got bored and went straight back to ofp. smile_o.gif

For me it was way to arcade style..

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!

I just tried the demo, don't even bother.

The best part was when you shoot the enemy with a mounted machine gun (the demo has a mounted PK facing the bridge).  Shoot them just once and they'll do a little dance for you.  Almost like they're shaking their cans at you. biggrin_o.gif

"Iraqis Gone Wild!"

unclesam.gif

Super realistic occupation roles! Stand around and get shot! Super fun! Five outta Five stars combat! Shoot at empty air!

One thing I liked though, they added inaccuracy in their weapons. Even OFP has a problem with this. Firing a rifle while being shot at and adrenaline pumping isn't going to be spot on accurate, and it isn't in this game.

I actually enjoy the game quite a bit. I like more action oriented, arcadish shooters now and again. Very fun to play with a friend and a couple of beers.

Realistic, heck no.

Fun, yeah, immensely.

Note: I only play it on Xbox, I reserve my PC for better games, like OFP smile_o.gif

This one is still in 1991. As for storyline, you destroy scuds and WMD's. wow_o.gif

That`s the proof TBA spoke of!!! wow_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif