Sign in to follow this  
Shashman

Battlefield:vietnam

Alot of people are complaining about M60. When I say alot, I mean everyone who's pretty much played the game. The developers gave the thing a 1000RPM. Quite insane. It isn't accurate, it just spits so many bullets out.

flying a chopper in BF engine is always being bitchy crazy_o.gif , may be i just get used to the chopper flying in OFP and too "dumb" (or lazy?) to learn how to fly that damn thing rock.gif  wink_o.gif

and BTW, anyone know how to do 360 with chopper in OFP?

You mean old BF1942? New chopper system is much smoother and alot cleaner, almost comparable to the ease of use in OFP. But its still abit twitchy.

and BTW, anyone know how to do 360 with chopper in OFP?

You mean like yaw control? Left-right yaw is x and c respectively (I think) if that's what you're talking about.

There is sually about one good chopper pilot on each map. The rest is made up of talentless bastards who camp the chopper spawn points, then crash it 10 secs later.

When told to practise offline, you get 'STFU noob'.

Yes quite......

(I love destroying all opposition in a chopper in BF:V. Throttle and rudder pedals helps loads. I pity those who fly with the mouse and keyboard)

How do the choppers fly? Prolly nothing like OFP.

I haven't bought BF:V and I don't actually plan on it.Not that I don't like Vietnam scenarios just I dunno why.I don't play Battlefield for that...maybe if I saw it in play or a demo maybe.

Also its 39$ in the US...thats quite a bit for an addon don't ya think?And it require BF also? Bah !

I fell for that with OFP (resistance addon) ,but we are talking different quality games here

BF:V is a stand alone game.

How do the choppers fly? Prolly nothing like OFP.

I haven't bought BF:V and I don't actually plan on it.Not that I don't like Vietnam scenarios just I dunno why.I don't play Battlefield for that...maybe if I saw it in play or a demo maybe.

Also its 39$ in the US...thats quite a bit for an addon don't ya think?And it require BF also? Bah !

I fell for that with OFP (resistance addon) ,but we are talking different quality games here

Well, tofly you hold down the forward button to go up and down button to go down (W, S), A(left) and D(right) control its spin, while the mouse is used to tilt it left and right as well as bring the nose up and down. Somewhat like OFP.

Its a stand alone game too.

Eh. It's a battlefield game. I'm not holding my breath. I briefly fiddled with BF:1942, it got boring pretty quick. I hated the quake 2'ness of the combat. They messed with a lot of things to appeal to that "circlestrafe-take-a-million-bullets-shitfestival"  crowd.

ie: The M1a1 bazooka having practically -no- splash damage. I mean they could land right beside you and you'd be like... "Urgh" and still run about. Not to mention you were surprisingly mobile with it for a weapon like that. Which I didn't like.

Apparently the guys who made Desert Combat made this game. Or so I hear. So BF:1942 in a jungle.

Same shit, different pile.

As far as OFP choppers go. They're good because they allow the neophyte to jump right in and get flying. However I'd like to see a flight model (optionally maybe) that would allow greater control. Being able to jink sideways in wide or fairly narrow elliptical patterns or simply tracking sideways whilst facing the same direction with more ease. As many choppers can do this some, of them at a considerably high speed.

Ah so its not even an addon, here I was thinking it was choppers like in the Desert Combat mod and fly funky like those.

I have played DC and its ok ,but not my thing and its similiar but far from OFP and I would just play that instead.

Sounds like the choppers in BF:V fly similiar to OFP,did they manage to make some gauges work on the dash?

Again , I will have to try it sometime,I am not rushing out to buy it like I did OFP

I would still like to make OFP do what BF42 does (scenario and gameplay)

I don't think it does. That was the one thing that really striked me, the lack of cockpit detail.....But I never checked what the graphics looked like at the max setting. So they could be quite good. But also quite consuming.

every time when i try to fly the Chopper in DC i usually get into deep dive just after takeoff and crash in secound and i cant pull the damn thing up whenever how hard i try sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What a stupid game.

The game's target audience I'm assuming (as with Soldner) is the CS-type gamers, you know. The ones that like to think they're playing something realistic but it's only about two steps away from being quake. Since that's where the gameplay is about on par with in my opinion, relatively speaking.

So what else did you expect?  rock.gif

I agree though. Got to try it last night.

No, the game is not simply targeting a different customer group but is realy stupid. There are too few maps. There are no good VC weapons (except the scooter). The jungle doesnt allow any ambush (so what is the deal calling it Vietnam"). And the gameplay is realy realy about. Respawn, run towards base, shoot one, get killed, respawn...

I just realised something playing it last night and noticed other people seeing it too...

The bolts are on the wrong side of the weapon! biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Strangly, the bullets go to the right. I think they did it just to show off purdy animations biggrin_o.gif

Oh well, miniscule issue. Still having fun playing it.

Quote[/b] ]No, the game is not simply targeting a different customer group but is realy stupid. There are too few maps. There are no good VC weapons (except the scooter). The jungle doesnt allow any ambush (so what is the deal calling it Vietnam"). And the gameplay is realy realy about. Respawn, run towards base, shoot one, get killed, respawn...

Well... I know people who think CS is realistic. So I can only assume there are some people out there who think this game is too... which is kind of what I was hinting at... because some people actually can't handle OFP for the enhanced realism in certain aspects.

This same person who plays CS did absolutely horrible when he played OFP mainly because CS is determinant primarily on map memorization and "out-deathmatching" someone or simply purchasing a so called "better gun". Better guns in OFP generally vary in accuracy and firing rate/recoil etc. Whereas in CS you can literally shoot the hell out of someone with an MP5 and they will keep on running as if nothing happened (quake anyone?).

Because of that reliance on merely reflexes and memorization of small areas, typically the people who prefer CS don't have what it takes upstairs (to play OFP or anything remotely strategic in nature). OFP is much more cerebral in it's gameplay insofar as you need to think and constantly re-evaluate your situation to keep yourself alive just as much as you need to react quickly and shoot straight. You can't simply rely on a cultivated CS-crackout reflex.'

Quote[/b] ]Strangly, the bullets go to the right. I think they did it just to show off purdy animations

The target audience certainly isn't as discerning as the OFP crowd to be sure.

Agree. But I am also one who likes fast and unrealistic ego-shooters. SOF2, RTCW, MOHAA and now Call of duty are games that make rapid online gaming enjoyable. Quick to log on, quick to enjoy, and hell a lot of action. And you are right to say that being good in those games doesnt mean to be good in OFP. I am the perfect example. Coming from Call of duty and changing to OFP is terrible and I got to readapt. Usually I am amongst the top 5 on a Call of duty server but in OFP I literally suck. tounge_o.gif But since playing on the CIA server I enjoy the game even if good players like Bals may make me feel moronic! biggrin_o.gif

But at least Call of Duty and other games dont try to bring the realism factor into it, and because of that they have the creative freedom to develop a unique gameplay experience. "Vietnam" doesnt have that, or at least I dont feel it. That is a very rare thing for me cause I am usually and enthusiast!

Call of Duty I find really enjoyable. I only really play TDM though, the round based system is annoying and only reminds me when I used to play CS. I like how the spawn system works in COD too. The spawns usually rotates around the map depending on where people are from what I see. There are rare times that there is a case of spawn camping. The only area I've seen this in is the total Russian ass kicking seen on the Harbor map. I've never seen a German team win on that map.

That's not to say I don't mind on occasion indulging in a few games here and there that are more lax on their rules of logic. However as far as BV, to me it doesn't offer anything that OFP can't do really. Well if you want to nit pick about graphics or other small things. However generally I'm fine with OFP.

I'd be more inclined to play a game that was less realistic if it added some kind of interesting feature that you couldn't really find anywhere else that enhanced the game to an extent. I was incidentally encouraged when postal 2 came out hearing about multiplayer. Not because of deathmatch, but because I thought it would be interesting to play co-op with a friend(s) in a town where one or five pyschos were running wild.

Sort of like a horror movie with an open ended script.

Of course this never happened. Just lame ass deathmatch.

EXAAAAAAACTLY my feelings. Usually I like round-based games but many nowadays agree that Call of duty doesnt work well that way and most clans now choose TDM. Respawn is usually well done since the first patch. Before a lot of campers were hiding in spawnpoints ("the castle" behind the truck). Germans can win the Harbour map, no problem. The servers on which I usually play the germans are mostly winning. Another good thing is the balance of the weapons. Some of the allied weapons are realy awesome and very powerful, but surprising enough there is always a chance to bring them down. The balancing is well done!