Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

The best weapon in OFP?

I'd say that the best weapon is Steyr Aug. It has firepower and it is really accurate. I love it. Tell me your opinions.

G36K is a blast. i like the M16 and the AK74 too.

but my old time favorite is the LAW.

They G36 is the best in my book. Its scope make for excellent longer range targetting and one hit(even on a leg) will kill. I dont know how reallistic it is but still its cool. im playing the PMC fury campaign now ..... wish i had a g36 in that one. d*amn snipers. Ive been trying to take Tyrone now for 3 days and its beginning to piss me off.

I prefer the Steyr. Zoomfactor is dead on, it's very precise and has a confortable rate of auto fire.

With G36 I seem to use too much ammo too fast, and I also think the weapon brings OFP out of balance. It's too much a Rambo rifle.

My oldtime favourite is the AK74, though. Great on single fire mode, shooting from the hip.

I always join the russian side becuase I'm russian myself and you probbaly guess I use the ak-47 sometimes with a grenade launcher...

my second favorite are the rocket perpelled grenades I use to kill the west if there are in large number and tanks.

HK or bizon I use the most, I'll sit behind a bush, not in and use 3dr person to kill some dumb rookie thats been looking for me for ten minutes

My favorite is the AK74 or the Ak47

I can drop any one miles away with it in high res mode

HK or bizon I use the most, I'll sit behind a bush, not in and use 3dr person to kill some dumb rookie thats been looking for me for ten minutes

imho that is cheating.

but easily fixed with a server that has 3d-view disabled wink.gif

the 3rd person view moves in too close to be used as a cheat when a player is near an object...however, 1st person vs. 3rd person views do not offer a greater horizontal field of view, it simply appears as though you are seeing more. Try it...mark the left and right sides of your screen with objects...for example: move your line of sight until the left and right sides of your screen are lined up with 2 trees...now pop to 3rd person view...those 2 trees will still be on the left and right sides of your screen. 3rd person really only offers an advantage when using vehicles in my opinion.

Thats easy, the Tractor, followed closely by the Steyr, it was my weapon of choice on DF:LW, and it remains so on OFP.

OK, I can't decide, so I'll list my top choice in several categories -- what I would use depends on the specific mission.

Favorite Assault Rifle: G36

Favorite Assault Rifle available in 1985: AK74

Favorite Sniper Rifle: M21

Favorite Submachine Gun: Bizon

Favorite Machine Gun: PK

Favorite Anti-Tank Weapon: LAW

Favorite Anti-Personnel Weapon: MM-1

(Edited to add my favorite sniper rifle)

(Edited by Mister Frag at 9:11 am on Jan. 2, 2002)

my fav weapon would have to be the MI-17 its got enough rockets to level everything.

playing the PMC Fury the last few days has made me rather use the AK-74 ...... and hate snipers. But given the oportunity id still use a G36.

gotta go with the m16a2 and the m21. M21 is much easier to get the correct range than the druganov imho.

It's gotta be the Steyr Aug

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suchey on 9:26 pm on Jan. 1, 2002

the 3rd person view moves in too close to be used as a cheat when a player is near an object...however, 1st person vs. 3rd person views do not offer a greater horizontal field of view, it simply appears as though you are seeing more.  Try it...mark the left and right sides of your screen with objects...for example: move your line of sight until the left and right sides of your screen are lined up with 2 trees...now pop to 3rd person view...those 2 trees will still be on the left and right sides of your screen.  3rd person really only offers an advantage when using vehicles in my opinion.

<span id='postcolor'>

wrong.

if you stand behind a house, close to the edge of the wall, you can rotate the view and see what is behind the house, or next to the side wall you would not otherwise see.

if player 2 is further away from the house in the opposite side of it, you can see him clearly, but he has no chance to see you, not even if he knows you are there.

simply becouse you are not in his field of view, you dont need to stick your head out to become visible....you have a pair if invisible ghost eyes behind you that sees for you.

it is cheating in my book.

the same goes for the thing malboeuf explained "BEHIND the bush, not in it"..this means he can see without being seen, for a enemy in front of him he is totally invisible while he still has clear view over the enemy.

if 3d-view was disabled, the man behind the house would have to peek out of the corner of the house and make himself visible to see the enemy, and malboeuf in the bush would have to stick his head out to see (and risk being seen)

i hope you now see more clearly why i consider it a cheat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from The PhanTom on 6:37 pm on Jan. 1, 2002

Yeah the G36 rulez.

Guns don't kill people, Bullets do<span id='postcolor'>

so whut if u pistol slaped sum 1 to death?

Self detructed pictures

----------------------------

i think you can see allot more in OFP

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 4:39 am on Jan. 3, 2002)

"exploit" is a better word

theres no way around this really, just like every one can hear every one walking for miles

combine these two exploits from ths game and you become untouchable

There is no physical way to prove some one uses these two exploits

it's really hard to say what OFP will turn into because of this

so far I think we are lucky, with only the speed cheat availble (which no one even uses in OFP) and these two exploits we seem to be having the time of our lives

Have you guys looked at the Red Faction "V" forums? every other day some one is complaing about the cheaters of various sorts

in the mean time OFP Rocks, and in the Rumble league ( http://www.therumble.com ) we do not use 3rd person, makes for GREAT Squad matches!

ps the above post will self destruct in 1 day

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 8:30 am on Jan. 2, 2002)