Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Hmm, the blood readme? I don't think it's in there..

Ok i mmiss this mod so much i want it BACK sad_o.gif

Guys tell me what do i need to run this one with ECP's dr pack??

Plz tell me wwhat should i get i am like a lost Nomad here ghostface.gif

ive been makeing a mission and GMR_crater.pbo is sneeking its way into the addon list, something to do with addon dependencies?rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]These new (and old) effects can be turn on/off in exp_init.sqs file.
dont ask where that file is cuz i dunno lol

edit: may i ask why u dont just use the blood?

Blood really, really bogs down my fps

wow. i got a gf2 with a 1.5ghz processor and with flamer, blood, and mass armys with inq weapons (defualt) i still get "real time" frame rateage biggrin_o.gif

@ Nov. 24 2003,06:55)]ive been makeing a mission and GMR_crater.pbo is sneeking its way into the addon list, something to do with addon dependencies?rock.gif

GMR_Crater.pbo not touches mission making at all, this is connected to GMR mod only (need if you use GMR_forevercrater = 1 )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood can not be turn on/off in exp_ini.sqs file (yet), you need a blood_free version and will get it afternoon (GMT time)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GMR mod + Dynamicrange soundpack

--------------------------------

copy config.bin (from DR(ECPversion)_to_v1.49.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy GMR.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.49.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy GMR_Crater.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.49.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy Dynamicrange.pbo (WSS! version it comes with ECP beta1.0) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo (from ECP beta1.0) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

-> start with "-mod=GMR_exploMOD"

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"BAS_MH47185",

"bas_soar185",

"bas_weap",

"bas_deraw",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"CoC_UnifiedArtillery",

"jam_magazines",

"bis_resistance",

"gmr_crater"

ive deleted it from the mission.sqs and it returns

well for a temporary fix i suggest this. delete it from the sqm (both sets "addons needed" and "addons required" then use a pbo toll form ofp.ino and make it into a pbo file out of game. every time u open ur editor. u will get that placed back in the addons needed. now ive been lucky and not had this problem. but as stated b4 i had it with the kegetys sound pack

Rarely during the game, i get an error message telling me that GMR_crater.pbo is missing. It happend to me in the resistance standard SP mission "Tankplatoon", shortly after the first encounter with enemy tanks.

I checked my addon folder and the GMR_crater.pbo file is in there, so it must be something else...

@ Nov. 24 2003,10:25)]version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"BAS_MH47185",

"bas_soar185",

"bas_weap",

"bas_deraw",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"CoC_UnifiedArtillery",

"jam_magazines",

"bis_resistance",

"gmr_crater"

ive deleted it from the mission.sqs and it returns

Try to disable crater ( GMR_forevercrater = 0) in exp_init.sqs and delete "GMR_crater" in mission.sqm too before you start editing mission.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I checked some old official missions but I did not encountered "missing GMR_crater.pbo" error message.

Rarely during the game, i get an error message telling me that GMR_crater.pbo is missing. It happend to me in the resistance standard SP mission "Tankplatoon", shortly after the first encounter with enemy tanks.

I checked my addon folder and the GMR_crater.pbo file is in there, so it must be something else...

You get those messages from "broken" addons which have wrong addon dependencies. As written before those addons have the tendency to include themselves automatically in any mission you make, even when you do not even use them in that mission. Also, some of those addons will not work on dedicated servers, except in the addons folder, eg not in a modfolder.

The fix is really simply: make the addon at least v1.85 and put all addons it builds upon into requiredAddons[] section of the config.cpp. You would not believe how many addons have this kind of bugs...

But the error is in a mission I didn't make myself... it's one of the standard single missions included in the original ofp resistance by BIS... that are already pboed...

I encountered this error just before again...

In the standard original BIS mission "lone wolf" (with number 08).

It seems I only get this error after some time after I blowed up a tank or similiar...

Try a mission where you gotta blow up tanks. Blow some of them up, and continue playing. Maybe you'll get the error then, some minutes after you've blown up the tanks...

btw, I use a separate mod folder, only addons included in that folder is GMR.pbo; GMR_crater.pbo and OFPEC_Blood.pbo . I use the middle fire bin version with blood (and no inq weapons or DR)

I get the same error message while playing any tank or aircraft missions about GMR_crater being missing.

probably its the same error that i had with bas_repairh.pbo ,try moving the gmr_crater.pbo to normal addons folder and most likely the error will go away

But the error is in a mission I didn't make myself... it's one of the standard single missions included in the original ofp resistance by BIS... that are already pboed...

I repeat: You get this error from broken addons. You normally get those messages ONLY in missions NOT using the broken addon(s). ADDITIONALLY these addons put themselves in most missions you make yourself, so that everyone NOT using the broken addon will get that error message with any mission you make.

Broken addons cause 2 errors: one for ppl having the addon, in missions that do not use that addon, and one for ppl not having the addon in missions made by someone with the broken addon.

Believe me, i have fixed enough of that kind of errors on my server to know what i am talking about. Open the crater pbo and look for a line addonsrequired in the cfgpatches section. Compare that to all classes referenced in the addon and look which of those are from "additional" addons (the official ones in res\addons count too, except those which bis preloads in their config.bin).

probably its the same error that i had with bas_repairh.pbo ,try moving the gmr_crater.pbo to normal addons folder and most likely the error will go away

It's exactly the same error, bas_repair depends on the ah64 without declaring that dependendy. All missions using the ah64 (and NOT the bas_repair) will stop working, complaining about a "missing addon bas_repairh". It can be fixed by putting

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredVersion=1.85;

requiredaddons[] = {ah64};

into the config.cpp of bas_repair.pbo. Putting the addon into the normal addon folder helps too (but it does not really correct the error).

I repeat: You get this error from broken addons. You normally get those messages ONLY in missions NOT using the broken addon(s). ADDITIONALLY these addons put themselves in most missions you make yourself, so that everyone NOT using the broken addon will get that error message with any mission you make.

Broken addons cause 2 errors: one for ppl having the addon, in missions that do not use that addon, and one for ppl not having the addon in missions made by someone with the broken addon.

Believe me, i have fixed enough of that kind of errors on my server to know what i am talking about. Open the crater pbo and look for a line addonsrequired in the cfgpatches section. Compare that to all classes referenced in the addon and look which of those are from "additional" addons (the official ones in res\addons count too, except those which bis preloads in their config.bin).

It's exactly the same error, bas_repair depends on the ah64 without declaring that dependendy. All missions using the ah64 (and NOT the bas_repair) will stop working, complaining about a "missing addon bas_repairh". It can be fixed by putting

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredVersion=1.85;

requiredaddons[] = {ah64};

into the config.cpp of bas_repair.pbo. Putting the addon into the normal addon folder helps too (but it does not really correct the error).

In other words, the config.bin your using with the GMR mod doesn't have the gmr_crater inclusion in it...  So it really should be something that is fixed when goldmember gets the chance to do so.

The error should occur whenever you are using this mod and playing the game, since no mission thats was made without this mod running will have the gmr_crater addon included in the mission .sqm... I can't test this since i am at work, but what benu said is true.  It is the same error you would have gotten if you created a vehicle in game using scripting but didn't reference the addon in your mission.sqm file. (since this is essentially what is happening. ie. the tanks blows up and creates the crater, which causes the error.)  It doesn't really effect the game or visuals, just brings up the grey box that requires you to press enter...

-Cos.

In other words, the config.bin your using with the GMR mod doesn't have the gmr_crater inclusion in it... So it really should be something that is fixed when goldmember gets the chance to do so.

Although Goldmember really is the one who should fix this (although i could take a look at the addon too), this has not necessarily have anything to do with people using different config.bins.

Quote[/b] ]The error should occur whenever you are using this mod and playing the game, since no mission thats was made without this mod running will have the gmr_crater addon included in the mission .sqm...

That is correct.

Quote[/b] ]I can't test this since i am at work, but what benu said is true. It is the same error you would have gotten if you created a vehicle in game using scripting but didn't reference the addon in your mission.sqm file. (since this is essentially what is happening. ie. the tanks blows up and creates the crater, which causes the error.) It doesn't really effect the game or visuals, just brings up the grey box that requires you to press enter...

As a player you have to press enter, on a dedicated the mission will stop working in most cases.

Actually, that's not quite what is happening afaik. In most cases anyway (where totally correct missions stop working due to a corrupt addon).

The addon dependencies in ofp work kind of "backwards". So if you build a crater addon that depends on addon "bla" but you do not mark bla as a dependency in your crater addon, then missions using addon bla will get the error message (and not missions using the crater addon).

In addition the crater addon is very likely to put itself into any mission you make, making the mission unplayable for people without the crater addon. Incidentally they will get the same error message, although the error comes from a totally different source in this scenario.

To give you an example: in the ww2 pack of rt3 the 88.pbo was missing a dependency (on vulcan iirc). This was causing errors in missions that had nothing to with ww2 or rts3, but that were using the vulcan.

In ADDITION this caused the 88 to include itself into any mission made while you had the addon activated and so the dependency for WW2 88.pbo ended up in all rts3 v1.1 MODERN missions, which do not even use the 88.pbo.

2 different errors, but the error message is the same. And although both come from the 88.pbo, the first error causes people who DO HAVE the addon to get errors on totally correct missions, and the second causes people who DO NOT have the addon to get the error on missions made by someone with the addon.

On the GMR_crater issue:<ul>

[*] The problem with dialogs mid-game yelling for a missing addon gmr_crater comes from the creation of these craters on the fly, not from the gmr_crater addon having a dependency deficiency.

[*] Why have the gmr_crater in a separate addon of itself? It could very easily be integrated into the gmr.pbo under the umbrella of class GMR

[*]With gmr_crater inside gmr.pbo, it will be preloaded due to gmr.pbo being in class PreloadAddons within the config. Tadaa! Problem solved.

Again, to emphasize: move the GMR_crater "vehicle" into the GMR.pbo addon and retire the separate GMR_crater.pbo addon.

On the GMR_crater issue:<ul>

[*] The problem with dialogs mid-game yelling for a missing addon gmr_crater comes from the creation of these craters on the fly, not from the gmr_crater addon having a dependency deficiency.

[*] Why have the gmr_crater in a separate addon of itself? It could very easily be integrated into the gmr.pbo under the umbrella of class GMR

[*]With gmr_crater inside gmr.pbo, it will be preloaded due to gmr.pbo being in class PreloadAddons within the config. Tadaa! Problem solved.

Again, to emphasize: move the GMR_crater "vehicle" into the GMR.pbo addon and retire the separate GMR_crater.pbo addon.

The crater addon not accidentally came to separate pbo file. Whenever I put it to the config.cpp of GMR.pbo allways strange things happened during test. Crater object not appeared at all, debrises disappered, game freezed etc. I got bored with it and I put it different pbo file. sad_o.gif

The crater addon not accidentally came to separate pbo file. Whenever I put it to the config.cpp of GMR.pbo allways strange things happened during test. Crater object not appeared at all, debrises disappered, game freezed etc. I got bored with it and I put it different pbo file. sad_o.gif

Strange... I dont get any of that. Here's what I did to the config.cpp of GMR.pbo:

1. Added GMR_crater to CfgPatches/class GMR :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class GMR

{

units[] = {GMR_debris1,GMR_crater};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.90;

};

};

2. Added a GMR_crater to the CfgVehicles part

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class NonStrategic : Building {};

class GMR_crater: NonStrategic

{

scope=public;

hideUnitInfo=1;

vehicleClass="Camera";

side=TSideUnknown;

mapSize=1;

destrType=destructno;

displayName="GMR_crater";

model=\data3d\krater;

};

3. Moved the gmr_crater.pbo out of the mod addon folder so as to not disturb

And so far it seems to work just splendidly. rock.gif

Unrelated (?) to this (tested both with a clean 1.49 and the non-gmr_crater.pbo version), I do however see debris hanging mid-air close to wrecks. Really "Matrixy" feeling biggrin_o.gif