Sign in to follow this  
Yamato

Using multiple pbos

Lets see, Here is how I have set up, forgive me if iam am repeating something for I don't grasp some of the concepts here.  I have as my natural objects and such in a Data3d subfolder in buldozer dir, so it reads

C:\buldozer\Data3d\: then two subfolders, a depbo-d o.pbo subfolder and depbo-d Data 3d subfolder now, it will let me load the objects in to visitor, but all the texs appear to be white

I can load them in visitor, but I don't know if they will work in ofp, I shall try after posting, but can anyone fill me in on if this will work or not? thanks

ISLAND EDITING IS IN MY GRASP!!!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Well now, It loaded fine but it can't load the objects from data/o.pbo now i know its not in the right path...also, I used standard textures from the demo isle but they appear white, the tga.s were converted, Its seems that the standard objects appeared fine, but the o.pbo objects were not there..........Any help will be recieved with gratitue!

Well now, It loaded fine but it can't load the objects from data/o.pbo now i know its not in the right path...also, I used standard textures from the demo isle but they appear white, the tga.s  were converted, Its seems that the standard objects appeared fine, but the o.pbo objects were not there..........Any help will be recieved with gratitue!

Did you put de-pbo'd o.pbo in Buldozer directory?

Also, notice that you have to make a drive for Buldozer.

I've written on how to do this a few posts below.

Then as for the tex, I think you have to specify which texture you are using by going to  system preference and setting texture directory (for example to Z:\o if you want to use tex from O.pbo, Z:\landtext if you want to use default tex's)

Sorry I'm so blissfully ignorant of what to do...

Here is what I have done'

I have my buldozer set up at

C:\buldozer

I have visitor at

C:\visitor

All my Data is at

C:\LS\-Data-|-Data3d-|-O-|-Lidova-

All of those are subdirs

So far, no success...

I have specified the textures and models, if I understood Suma correctly all in the dir C:\LS

so my NatObj field is

C:\LS

as is for all my textures and such

I seem to have the feeling I am headed in the opposite direction to where I am supposed to be headed... sad_o.gif

Ok I understand your post now, but how do I make a .bat file??

Txt save it as a bat?

O dear, I just lost another clump of hair

Made the .bat

Made z:

loaded fine

Tried buldozer

ERROR:WARNING: PRE-NLOD on Data3d Obloha.p3d..............

Should I just give up because I'm flooding this thread?

Thats all not a problem!

But how can I use a texture from Nogova?rock.gif

Always the textureadd-dialog doesn't show me *.paa files!!!

Why?rock.gif I have choosen "Texture (*.pac, *.paa)"...

Sicilian you can type in the .paa filename directly and it'll show it even tho it's not on the list. Atleast shows up in buldozer.

I noticed the objects stay in memory when you change from using data3d objects to O objects. Even though I deleted all definitions. Tools/object manager solved this. Just tick off the first option and your set...

Vladimir you should give up with the .bat, I gave up them 5 years ago biggrin_o.gif I resorted to filling my D: root with buldozer. Same thing without the frilly .bat.

Thats all not a problem!

But how can I use a texture from Nogova?rock.gif

Always the textureadd-dialog doesn't show me *.paa files!!!

Why?rock.gif I have choosen "Texture (*.pac, *.paa)"...

That was a problem for me for a split second.

When the File Open dialog opens, simply type in "b1.paa"

OR "blita1.paa" or "pole1.paa", using double quotation marks.

Even though the dialog doesn't show the files, windows would recognize all files that you've specified by double quotations.

ERROR:WARNING: PRE-NLOD on Data3d Obloha.p3d..............

I don't know the exact problem, but perhaps you haven't binarized Obloha.p3d?

If you want to use tex from O.pbo, make sure the Texture directory is set to

'Z:\O'

I think you can use texture only from 1 pbo.

So if I want to use custom runway textures I will have to copy all of the textures I used in the island to their own pbo?

copy all the textures from eden dir to cuba dir + the custom island textures inside the cuba dir?

I know the pre-nlod problem, depbo does not decompress pbos correctly, I used unpbo and they work fine! Thanks for all your help wink_o.gif

Ok, I can export my island with all objects and textures, they even show ingame. But as soon as I select "show textures" in the mission editor OFP crashes (no rpt written). Any ideas?

My setup:

Bulldozer in D:\

Textures in D:\o\

Rest set to D:\

SO, finally the only way to use more than one PBO for objects, or textures, is, in the editor, to put all your textures in ONE directory(one for textures, and one for objects), and to modify the path with an HEX editor later? But its a big Work!!! when you have 100, or 200 textures\objects, wow! Could anyone from Bis tell us how could we manage, without using an Hew editor please? That would really be cool smile_o.gif

PS : Maybe, its the OFP engine which knows automatically from where a file is? please, we need a response tounge_o.gif

I have succesfully used objects from Resistance, the orignal, and my own pbos.... all without copying to a new single pbo.

I used information within this thread to do it...

In simple terms, i faked a new drive, and told visitor the objects folders were the root drive..., I then depbo'ed binarized pbos and there contents into this 'fake' drive using the pbo names as the folder names...

When loading the objetcs in visitor I get the pbo names as part of the filenames, and it seems to work.

BUT this does not seem to work for ground textures at the moment

Try to use the texture manager to first remove all secondary textures and then calculate them anew - that helped me getting them not only in bulldozer but ingame, too.

As described in my other post above the only problem I got is the game crashing as soon as I activete the texture view in the mission editor. But that may well be caused by me using a non-regular island size (512x512).

Im very surprised that u cant use correctly more pbos in Visitor...And i really wonder how the mappers from BIS have done OFP Maps !! I think there is a sokution...lets think about it wink_o.gif

I have succesfully used objects from Resistance, the orignal, and my own pbos.... all without copying to a new single pbo.

I used information within this thread to do it...

In simple terms, i faked a new drive, and told visitor the objects folders were the root drive..., I then depbo'ed binarized pbos and there contents into this 'fake' drive using the pbo names as the folder names...

When loading the objetcs in visitor I get the pbo names as part of the filenames, and it seems to work.

BUT this does not seem to work for ground textures at the moment

Can you make us a tutorial please? smile_o.gif

I couldnt figure it out on my own with the info in this thread. sad_o.gif

Visitor will preview the res objects just fine but when I put the exported wrp file ingame the game crashes to desktop w/ no errors at all when I click preview in the mission editor rock.gif

Using Multiple PBOs such as O.pbo, data3d.pbo, and custom PBOs.

1.After unpacking the PBOs with UnPBO.exe and placing the new folders on the root drive (in my case D).

2. Open Visitor and  set the  System Preferences similar to the pic below

Visitor3.jpg

NOTE: The Object paths are set to the drive.. not the specific folder.

3. Click OK and restart Visitor

4. When Visitor has loaded  either start a new island or load an existing one.

5. Click Tools then choose from either of the Textures, Nature Objects, Artificial Objects etc. options

6. Click Add on the dialog that appears. (you may have to wait as Visitor searches your  drive for folders with p3d objects

7. Find the objects you want and Click OK

NOTE: You can multi select objects from the list.

Result in Buldozer using trees from O.Pbo and the radar from one of my addons.

Visitor4.jpg

And in game

proof.jpg

Thanks smile_o.gif I will try it when I get back from the lake tomorrow

Has anyone imported a wrp file from wrp edit, added objects and exported and managed to load up the file again or load it ingame?

Have tried but no success so far. Hope to as the sister (identical) to the island above has had more work done in Wrpedit.

Have tried but no success so far. Hope to as the sister (identical) to the island above has had more work done in Wrpedit.

I thought you just said you had it working from reading your earlier post

Me confused sad_o.gif

The island refered to in the pics was from an ase (32bit picture) conversion of the same map I created in wrpedit, but since then I have managed to get the wrpedit one into Visitor (Just after I posted the above). It imports the land geometry, but didn't bring any textures or objects. Sorry, Shadow, didn't mean to confuse you. biggrin_o.gif

I got my wrp edit island to import to visitor just fine. It loaded textures and everything. I cant get it to export or save the pew and manage to reload the island in visitor again after I close. sad_o.gif

HA! Col. Clink's method works! Finally we can use 3d models from multiple PBOs. Thanks Colonel!