Sign in to follow this  
Yamato

Using multiple pbos

The island refered to in the pics was from an ase (32bit picture) conversion of the  same map I created in wrpedit, but since then I have managed to get the wrpedit one into Visitor (Just after I posted the above). It imports the land geometry, but didn't bring any textures or objects. Sorry, Shadow, didn't mean to confuse you.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for telling how you managed to get multiple PBOs working.

Cheers, mate smile_o.gif

btw... where's that Col. Klink avatar you used?

Damn, forgot his name but he was a great comedian. Klamp Wehrer or something?

Werner Klemperer, he was a Jew playing a Luftwaffe officer.

Yeah time I resurrected the old bloke smile_o.gif

Save Hard disk space!!!!

As an addendum to the getting multiple pbo objects into Visitor. For those people with a CD writer you could save hard disk space by placing all your depboed folders (o.pbo, data3d.pbo, eden.pbo, cain.pbo, etc) on a rewritable CDRW (or CDR if you dont want to add 3rd party addons). Then simply set your visitor paths to the drive letter of your CD Writer. In my case it is F:\.

If you use a CDRW disk you can add and remove addon folders as you need them. biggrin_o.gif

Wow Col. Klink. That CD drive trick. I don't even have my HD half full but it realy makes things hmm cleaner if you know what I mean tounge_o.gif. Never tought that option.

Me either, but subst is a nice command wink_o.gif

Me either, but subst is a nice command  wink_o.gif

They used to say:

"Love thy partition;

Love thy fdisk;

Love thy subst;

Yet hate thy daddy who knows subst but doesn't know how to delete it, or becomes afraid that deleting a drive may delete all the files;

Hate thy brother who just wants to become smarter than thee and says, 'Yo, bro! I'm saving hard-disk space for you! You have all these things that you never use. What's this C:\windows that takes up over a gigabyte!?' and to show his smartness, he types in the command window del C:\windows\*.* "

Me either, but subst is a nice command  wink_o.gif

They used to say:

"Love thy partition;

Love thy fdisk;

Love thy subst;

Yet hate thy daddy who knows subst but doesn't know how to delete it, or becomes afraid that deleting a drive may delete all the files;

Hate thy brother who just wants to become smarter than thee and says, 'Yo, bro! I'm saving hard-disk space for you! You have all these things that you never use. What's this C:\windows that takes up over a gigabyte!?' and to show his smartness, he types in the command window del C:\windows\*.* "

You mean Windows is a necessary folder ? heheh biggrin_o.gif

Golden Rule: Never let anybody else touch your computer.. no matter how smart or clever he/she thinks he/she is.

On another note, setting up a dedicated partition is a good idea, I would have but both my drives are 90%+ full with stuff so I have opted for the CD approach, which works perfectly.

Hey i did the whole thing about setting up a false drive. My buldozer is located at z:\ but i cant get it working with visitor. When i connect to it nothing pops up. I have it saying z:\buldozer.exe -dx -window but nothing shows up. Anyone got a solution?

You need to start buldozer, before you click connect.

Didnt work two error messages. First one Cannot Load Texture data/zatazeno.pac...2nd Warning preNLOD format in object data3d\obloha.p3d.

Use UnPBO and re-extract your data.pbo etc. Sounds like you've used a pbo tool that doesnt decompress the files properly. Once your island and Buldozer is loaded & connected you need to refresh (Ctrl-F8) before your island will show.

Okay thank you i still have one problem though... The textures on the trees and buildings and stuff show up (they are res) but the textures on the ground still wont show up. I think i put them on right.

Bump... Im nearing the end of object placement.... just have textures

Everytime I try to load bulldozer now a error is poping up  mad_o.gif

Like this:

Operation Flashpoint has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

sad_o.gif

Now I can enter Buldozer but I get this: Cannot open ker listnac.p3d

Seems he can't find the object any more

I got this:

Basic folder:

c:\visitor

Textures:

C:\

Nature Objects:

Atrificial objects:

Forest and roads:

Worldfiles:

C:\Island

To get the textures working guys you need to go to.... tools project preferences and set the texture to the directory the textures are in.

Have tried but no success so far. Hope to as the sister (identical) to the island above has had more work done in Wrpedit.

Have you managed to open the sister island yet?

Have tried but no success so far. Hope to as the sister (identical) to the island above has had more work done in Wrpedit.

Have you managed to open the sister island yet?

Yes, I did, but it came in without any textures or objects.

Well, for those that put your custom objects into the data 3d ot o folder, I think this may be wrong. This would set the path for them to the pbo in which folder you have pasted them, not to your island folder. I have put all folders in the buldozer folder and can access them just fine if I put all my setting to d:\buldozer. The only problem I have is when placed they are not visible with the oxygen viewer??

EDIT: Disregard this, I will try Klinks method.

EDIT2: It works, good job Klink.

Hi, I'd like to refresh this topic and ask you if anybody finaly done it. I mean used two or more different .pbo's from the game in the same map ? I'd like also ask how can I use my own models in Visitor (buildings, trees, ect.). I know it's a really nooby question but I'd be grateful for any answer wink_o.gif