Sign in to follow this  
catkuba

Malvinas |news|

Heh, quite funny really.

Oh well, we can fight the Americans!

We gave it a second thought, we _may_ have a little surprise for you when the beta is re-released...stay tuned...you´ll just have to hope smile_o.gif

I still have the beta from last time. A very nice pack. All it missed was some armored stuff and planes. smile_o.gif

We gave it a second thought, we _may_ have a little surprise for you when the beta is re-released...stay tuned...you´ll just have to hope smile_o.gif

Tease

A second thought about the changing British to the West side, I hope... Otherwise nearly every single user will end up changing his config.cpp to fix this annoying issue. sad_o.gif

A second thought about the changing British to the West side, I hope... Otherwise nearly every single user will end up changing his config.cpp to fix this annoying issue.  sad_o.gif

The "point" I was making

Will the beret on the British para be fixed?

The current version is too red. It should be darker.

Anyway, I' looking forward to your next release smile_o.gif

P.S. I've edited the configs in the current versions of the paras and argies, so if anyone wants them, PM or e-mail me

After a quick look around, I can't tell what's new. There is still the hand texture bug on the Argentinian troops (at about 13m distance the hands turn white).

I deleted MLV 0.90 and did a standard install of the demo. rock.gif

Was the AML-90 supposed to be included as well? wink_o.gif

That's the only known bug that we have left, we just forgot to fix it.

The rest is the old beta with all known bugs fixed and several new things such a

Zodiac

New Arg unit

Mauser 1909

SAS - SBS units (with their weapons)

Mounted Mag's

Buildings and a lot of island fixes.

Edit: Also, you can compare Old vs New Readme

Can someone make a pic of the SAS please?

I can´t DL i´m not at home.

The rar is good, but I can't extract MLV_Objetos.pbo (using PowerArchiver)...I keep getting a "CRC error"...anybody know how to fix this?

I've downloaded the file, seems to be no problem at all with it. Use winRar to extract it and there should be no problems.

Excellent work guys biggrin_o.gif

I've had a look at the soldiers ingame, and have a few things to point out.

1. SAS DPM seems a bit light. Could be darkened a bit. Liked the Bergens though.

2. SAS were one of the few british units to be equiped with the FIM92A Stinger launcer, instead of the Blowpipe, during the Falklands Conflict. I think they favoured the MP5 over the Sterling too. Not 100% sure though.

3. Para's beret colour is still not dark enough. Should be maroon coloured, not red. I liked the the cap badge though.

4. Some Para's also used the M16 and M16 M203. This was due to the the fact that some of 3rd Para were on their way to a jungle training excercise in Belize when the conflict started, and were therefore equipped with these weapons. (I think some of the Royal Marines were also equipped with these weapons.)

5. The Paras also used the Milan AT launcher (called the bunkerbuster during the conflict) and a modified version of the Bazooka (can't remember the designation, but I'll check)

I'm not complaining or whining here. Just pointing out a few things that could make these units a bit more accurate.

The SBS guys looked quite good. Well done people biggrin_o.gif

I'd also like to point out that leaving the configs open for editing was an excellent idea  smile_o.gif

I'm already making changes to sides, weapon loadouts etc.

Thanx for this great demo, and keep up the good work.

Looking forward to your next release (especially the Sea King and, hopefully the Gazelle)

Hey Lt_Phoenix let me know when you change the config on the SAS and SBS buddy?

Tahnx for the imput Phoenix.

We recieved tons of new info about the british units from Michael kelly (thank you michael) but unfortunately we could not "process" it as fast as we wanted...we'll make some changes sooner or later.

PS: we'll have some more news for you guys, maybe this weekend...

AML-90?  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nope, its still to early for it. Too green for a public beta. Be patient, it'll be out sooner than you think (but not this time, LOL!)

5. The British didn't use the Carl Gustav AT launcher. They used the Milan AT launcher (called the bunkerbuster during the conflict) and a modified version of the Bazooka (can't remember the designation, but I'll check)

I am speaking from the other lot...

The Carl Gustav was indeed used by the Royal Marines at least....

Carl Gustavs were used to attack the Argentine Corvette 'ARA Guerrico' at Grytviken, South Georgia, with limited success (not sunk, just damaged)

I cannot say anything about the use on the mainland but I would suspect the the Royal Marines used Carl Gustavs as the Milan was issued primarily to Army units at the time.

The Malvinas mod are correct to include this weapon.

@Tankieboy -  I'm at it working on the modified configs, and I'll give you buzz when they're done. I'm also redoing the paras, since the name of the pbo has been changed.

@CBFASI - Corrected my previous post. Thanx for the heads up. Saves me from making too much of an ass of myself biggrin_o.gif

@Malvina Mod - What's the difference between the m-arg pbo and the mlv_arg pbo? I saw that both of them were included.

Is there anyone out there who could give me some input on other weapons the British SAS, Paras, SBS and Marines used during the conflict?  

I'd like to try and include them in my edited configs, so that I don't have to use the removeWeapon and addWeapon command all the time.

I'd also like some info on which weapons are used later (except the SA80 and Browning Mk3 of course).

My e-mail is visible, so any replies can be sent there.