Sign in to follow this  
Tovarish

Ever wanted to take a ride in an an su-30mk?

I figure this might provide some practice until Lo-Mac comes out biggrin_o.gif (even though there is no TVC Flanker in it) sad_o.gif. This simulator was originally used by real Sukhoi pilots for test flight and combat training, and a public version is now available for download. Sadly there's no combat, but it looks nice for aerobatics. Can't try it out myself yet as I'm not at home

*edit* should know better than to try to hotlink an image from an ru host.

http://supermaneuver.narod.ru/

it's just a demo?

It's a declassified version of a former Russian pilot training simulation...so yeah I guess you could call it a demo rock.gif

That's not what I meant. You can only watch it?

How?

Maybe the thing just isn't reading my joystick.

crazy_o.gif

How?

crazy_o.gif

Can't install anything on the comp I'm on, so I can't help you, sorry sad_o.gif. Might be a joystick issue, it IS a 1998 program. Maybe try keyboard for throttle? '+', '-' or Page Up/Down?

can't understand russian sad_o.gif

Eh...from what I understand there IS an English option for it. Bah damn I should have posted this from home so I could try it myself crazy_o.gif

How?

crazy_o.gif

Can't install anything on the comp I'm on, so I can't help you, sorry sad_o.gif. Might be a joystick issue, it IS a 1998 program. Maybe try keyboard for throttle? '+', '-' or Page Up/Down?

Just had to restart the computer, program probably didn't recognize my joystick as I didn't have it plugged in on install.

Got it working now, man it's... *sniff* beautiful.

Moving engine nozzles (for vectored thrust and engine settings), of course all the control surface move too, even the pilots heads! biggrin_o.gif

CuteQA, the right half of the website is in english, the left is in russian, and the program has an english/russian option as well.

install is easy, just download all the .exe and .rar files into one folder and run the .exe. then look for a file called "fly.exe" in the SUperManeuver.old/RUN folder and go for it.

I've been screwing around with the keys.

Q - Flare (FUN!)

T - Wingtip smoke (T for Trail)

S - Pause (S for Stop)

G - Gear, of course

F - Flap toggle

B - Airbrake

W - Wheel Brake

This sim is lots of fun, but I sure hope they didn't use it to teach the students how to taxi. crazy_o.gif

I've been screwing around with the keys.

Q - Flare (FUN!)

T - Wingtip smoke (T for Trail)

S - Pause (S for Stop)

G - Gear, of course

F - Flap toggle

B - Airbrake

W - Wheel Brake

I've also heard that "M" toggles Nozzle movement from "safe" to "maneuver". Also if it helps anyone, the keys are apparently almost identical to the setup for the Flanker series (hmm, do I smell some involvement by the creators of Lo-Mac?)

*edit* Hmm, if the key setup IS the same as the Flanker series, when I get home tonight I'll have to hit "A" (outside the Navigational HUD submode this overrides the AoA/G Limiter - a favourite trick of mine in Flanker 1.5 to get out of sticky situations even though half the time it resulted in a spin or some other unpleasant situation) AND "M" to switch to maneuver mode and see what happens biggrin_o.gif.

Hmm... only the mirrors with "old" in the filenames seem to work with me, the one thats bigger (SUperManeuver99*) gives a 404 error... and the "old" version I downloaded does not seem to run at all.

Hmm... only the mirrors with "old" in the filenames seem to work with me, the one thats bigger (SUperManeuver99*) gives a 404 error... and the "old" version I downloaded does not seem to run at all.

I've heard that you need Open GL support to be able to run it.

I've heard that you need Open GL support to be able to run it.

I do have OpenGL support of course, though the readme says it only has software renderer support... on my other computer it seems to run, but as its a 300MHz celery it runs quite bad :P

Can anyone of you provide us with some screenshots, please?  smile_o.gif

forcedroll.jpg

You can't hotlink from that site as I've already found out. I think he wants screenshots from those of us who have downloaded it.

Well Damn, I've been looking up "Constanta Design", the company that created this in 1998, and I cant find any mention of it in any of their website...so looks like this ex-top-secret-abandonware is completely unsupported. Although to be sure my Russian reading skills are sub-par, so maybe I'm missing something. One thing I did find very interesting is that they have a partnership with 1C (as in 1C: Maddox games)  wow_o.gif . And before Oleg went into the public sector, he used to work for the Russian Air Force...hmmm.

Constanta Design (In Russian)

Unfortunately the Supermaneuver.old downloads seem to be the only ones working. I've been searching for mirrors, but no luck.

However I did find this article about the version being used today:

Russians promote pilot training system

Not bad, not bad at all! biggrin_o.gif

Graphics are abit lame though.  sad_o.gif

Also, you can move around in the cockpit using the numpad keys.

Here's something that helped me-

If you're running windows XP, go into the fly.exe's properties and set it to Windows 98 emulation mode.