I don't understand how the rotation works. Specifically I made Airburst Mortar rounds and want to increase the kill zone by rotating the claymores:

this addEventHandler ["Fired",
{
    params ["_unit","_weapon","_muzzle","_mode","_ammo","_magazine","_projectile","_vehicle"];

nul = [_drone,_unit,_weapon,_muzzle,_mode,_ammo,_magazine,_projectile,_vehicle] spawn {
        params ["_drone","_unit","_weapon","_muzzle","_mode","_ammo","_magazine","_projectile","_vehicle"];

waitUntil { sleep 1; getPos _projectile select 2 > 50 };

while { alive _projectile } do {
            waitUntil { getPos _projectile select 2 < 30 };

for "_i" from 0 to 3 do {
                _tungsten_fragments = createVehicle ["ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Ammo", [0,0,1000], [], 0];
                _tungsten_fragments attachTo [_projectile,[0,0,0]];

_random =round (random 10) / 10;
		_tungsten_fragments setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,_random], [0,0,_random]];

_tungsten_fragments setDamage 1;
            };

deleteVehicle _projectile;
	    sleep 1;
        };
    };
}];

I don't understand which numbers in the setVectorDirAndUp Array I need to change to rotate the claymores and what each number even does .

Keep in mind that once you attach an item using attachTo serVectorDirAndUp becomes relative, see the info box on wiki for attachTo

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Heavensrevenger said:

I don't understand how the rotation works. Specifically I made Airburst Mortar rounds and want to increase the kill zone by rotating the claymores:

I don't understand which numbers in the setVectorDirAndUp Array I need to change to rotate the claymores and what each number even does .

setVectorDirAndUp

A sure thing: you can't randomize both z parameter inside both vectorDir and vectorUp  because they are linked by geometry (see the "simple" tilt forward 30° in example 5).
If you have an axis for reference, you can work with:
BIS_fnc_transformVectorDirAndUp

see also : BIS_fnc_rotateVector3D

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Heavensrevenger said:

_random =round (random 10) / 10;  // NOPE!

Also worth noting that vectors take normalized values, meaning values between 0 and 1. You can think of these as percentages, or values between 0 and 1 (hundred).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Harzach said:

Also worth noting that vectors take normalized values, meaning values between 0 and 1. You can think of these as percentages, or values between 0 and 1 (hundred).

_random should be a number between 0 and 1 if im not mistaken

5 hours ago, Heavensrevenger said:

_random should be a number between 0 and 1 if im not mistaken

You are not, and I continue to prove my signature correct!

Using round will, however, lead to non-uniform results. If you want an even distribution of possible values try floor:

_random = floor (random 11) / 10;

floor (random 11) will give you an even distribution of values from 0 to 10 (see notes at bottom of random page). Divide by 10 and you have single-decimal values from 0 to 1.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Harzach said:

You are not, and I continue to prove my signature correct!+

Using round will, however, lead to non-uniform results. If you want an even distribution of possible values try floor:

_random = floor (random 11) / 10;

floor (random 11) will give you an even distribution of values from 0 to 10 (see notes at bottom of random page). Divide by 10 and you have single-decimal values from 0 to 1.

ok that signature is genuinely funny but thank you I didnt even realize I was getting an uneven distribution so that should definitely help