Sign in to follow this  

Coc torpedoes 1.0 released

For the last time, nuclear blasts are not funny smile_o.gif

But this nuke static object is really needed, i have been thinking about so many mission concepts. Stop the arms dealers from randevouzing with their buyers, then arrest the buyers and arms dealers if possible. Raid the arms bazaar and capture the head of the arms dealing cell. wow_o.gif

I love these things.

While flying around with various stupid weapons loadouts on a harrier, like 2 ShkvalNucs and 10+ Apr3e i noticed that after you move onto the second class of torps, ie drop both the nucs, whenever you drop one of the second class torps two will physically detach from the aircraft (actually they more split from one topr withone droping like normal and the other going flying off in a crazy spin all over the place) while only one comes off your ammo count. The second torp eventually finds the water, heads in the same direction as i launched the first, finds a target and blows up.

Anyone else notice this, or am i only only one crazy enough to put such weapons loadouts on aircraft?

smile_o.gif

The answer to your problem is simple: Don't mix torpedo types on vehicles. It will cause all forms of strange behaviour. wow_o.gif

Thats what i thought.

Do the torpedos explode if they hit a boat before they reach their 'locked on' target?

Also is there anyway to stop vehicles (tanks, boats etc) engaging the torps, without stopping them from engaging everything else in the game (i.e the never engage command)?

I dont know if this has been said before but if you use a TTV that was on a getpos init the torpedos wont work, they just fall as black lines and dont do anything

Could you explain a bit more? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Could you explain a bit more? I don't quite understand what you mean.

take the HMS hermes, replace the a10 with a TTV takeoff , engage target, and watch the torpedo become a line that doesnt blow sad_o.gif

Hmm. Yes, I can confirm that there seems to be some kind of problem. It's not a general one though. Setpos:ing the vehicle works fine.

There seem to be two problems:

1) The init routine is not started.

2) It thinks it's a boat.

I can probably explain number two, but after some extensive testing, I'm don't have clue about 1). Also it seems to apply to the Hermes only. Takeoffs and landings from the LSD don't show any problems. Strange rock.gif

I'll look into it further.

Hmm. Yes, I can confirm that there seems to be some kind of problem. It's not a general one though. Setpos:ing the vehicle works fine.

There seem to be two problems:

1) The init routine is not started.

2) It thinks it's a boat.

I can probably explain number two, but after some extensive testing, I'm don't have clue about 1). Also it seems to apply to the Hermes only. Takeoffs and landings from the LSD don't show any problems. Strange  rock.gif

I'll look into it further.

Glad to hear that, would be cool if it worked, takeoff from AC and destroy the enemy ship with torpedoes

guess i'll use the LSD from now on

Cheers m8

Quote[/b] ]Glad to hear that, would be cool if it worked, takeoff from AC and destroy the enemy ship with torpedoes

guess i'll use the LSD from now on

Cheers m8

Ok. I think I've located the bug. It will be fixed in the next release. I'm still unsure why it is happening on the Hermes only and not in general, but I'll find out.

For a quick'n dirty fix to make it work, place your unit on land and wait a short interval (0.1s -0.5s for example) before setPosing it. Not very nice but it will work wink_o.gif

Best addon ever biggrin_o.gif

Great work Denoir and Chain of Command team.

Finally I can get back at that LSD! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

What can I do if I cant download the torpedoes from the website. It comes with a error. Cant tell you what the error exactly says because I dont live with my mom, but its somthing like: DownLoad Error, Unable to download, please try again.

I am using Winzip if that helps

crazy_o.gif

Hi Skater1

Which download site are you using? Let us know so we can correct it. The easiest solution would be to use one of the many mirrors listed in this thread wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

Hi Skater1

Just checked it. It is working fine at the moment but it has been taking a lot of business so it might have been you were downloading when part of the pipe was full wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

Hey, Denoir can i use your torpedos in my H-60 Series BlackHawks ? Of course i will write You in the readme credits.

Yes of course you can. That's what they're there for smile_o.gif

Fantastic Addon guys! I especially enjoy watching everything go boom in the nuclear blast!!

TYsiEK - when do you reckon your H-60 series will be ready? They look sweet!

Gahh.....i've spent hours testing different vehicles and weapon combinations and i havent had 1 single problem (as long as the speed and climb rate are right),the only issue is that AI seems to have some difficulties using the torpedoes.

BTW: If u engage a LSD from the back and hit it so the torpedo climbs the rear boarding platform seems to be much more effective damage wise. And u can rearm in LST without any scripting,wich is really nice for someone like me who cant script at all  biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT*

i used those script lines to arm different vehicles with the torpedoes,but they arent visible,have i done something wrong?Or this is supposed to happen? Like in that Mi17 on the Demo mission?

k, I got my pc back and tried it. COC GREAT JOB! U did sometin amazing, I love u as well now! smile_o.gif

Gahh.....i've spent hours testing different vehicles and weapon combinations and i havent had 1 single problem (as long as the speed and climb rate are right),the only issue is that AI seems to have some difficulties using the torpedoes.

BTW: If u engage a LSD from the back and hit it so the torpedo climbs the rear boarding platform seems to be much more effective damage wise. And u can rearm in LST without any scripting,wich is really nice for someone like me who cant script at all  biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT*

i used those script lines to arm different vehicles with the torpedoes,but they arent visible,have i done something wrong?Or this is supposed to happen? Like in that Mi17 on the Demo mission?

This is normal.