Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

The matrix: reloaded

The worst part is really the food. In Europe, you order something you think will be safe, like a club sandwich. Then it comes out with raw ... fish instead of turkey, and it's swimming in mayo."

How rude. Never seen a sandwich with salmon and horseradish sauce? sad.gif

Does anybody know that name of that song torwards the end of the Matrix Reloaded trailer?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpecOp9 @ 17 May 2003,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anybody know that name of that song torwards the end of the Matrix Reloaded trailer?<span id='postcolor'>

some greece group No need to thank me smile.gif

I'm far too tired to write a long review, but I enjoyed The Matrix: Reloaded, and I can't wait for Revolutions. The one thing I didn't like was the fact that the characters had alot less personality than the original, and many are reduced to monotoned one liners. Despite that, the story was good enough to redeem any of the acting, and I don't care what people say about it. Sometimes people have to stop being so damn critical about a movie. Supress your brain and just enjoy it. So what if an agent fires 100 rounds from an HK UMP and you never see him reload it? If all movies were 100% realistic, than they wouldn't be very entertaining, and entertainment is what movies are made for. If you want something thought provoking, read a book, that's what I do.

So yeah, the Matrix: Reloaded was a good watch, just as fun as X2.

Tyler

I liked the first Matrix movie and I'm going to see Reloaded, when it comes out here. I just love virtual reality, the effect it causes (you don't know what is real anymore and what is not) is just beautiful.

But one point, boys and girls, which sort of screws up the whole plot of the whole Matrix concept: If you want batteries, why not use fluffy bunnies or bacteria? Those would be a lot easier to control. Fluffy bunnies produce way more heat per weight unit than humans, because they have a faster metabolism. So do bacteria.

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ 19 May 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But one point, boys and girls, which sort of screws up the whole plot of the whole Matrix concept: If you want batteries, why not use fluffy bunnies or bacteria? Those would be a lot easier to control. Fluffy bunnies produce way more heat per weight unit than humans, because they have a faster metabolism. So do bacteria.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well... You see... Umm... These are special machines that can only take sunlight and human energy crazy.gif

I liked The Matrix: Reloaded. It had its uppers and downers but overall a good show.

Just lacked some of the class of the first one. Not enough style. They needed a scene in Reloaded to rival the famous lobby scene from the first one. And they needed more bulolet time slow motion sections.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ 19 May 2003,13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well... You see... Umm... These are special machines that can only take sunlight and human energy crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, sort of like only the special mushrooms and special cigarettes make you fly?

I still would have wanted to see the One fluffy bunny fighting fluffy bunny agents in bullet time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 19 May 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lacking reality sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Who knows??

Heck in fact, I dont mind that I live in such a "Matrix".

I didnt think the movie was that bad. The fight scenes were a little tedious at times... especially what seemed to be the all CGI slugfest between Neo and the Agents Smith. It was pretty ugly.

The sex scene was TOTALLY needless. I cant believe the WB even put it in. Pressure from the studio, I suppose.

The philosophy as given to Neo near the end was pretty damn cool. The ideas were great, and the execution was good too. I cant wait to see Revolutions in November.

Ah c'mon Warin. How can you not like a fight scene where a full 5 minutes are devoted to a large metal post and its effects on the human body? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 19 May 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah c'mon Warin. How can you not like a fight scene where a full 5 minutes are devoted to a large metal post and its effects on the human body?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was dull and contrived? And so obviously CGI as to be painful?

I liked hte fight scene in the foyer of mansion where they grab the keymaker. Was one of the best in the film. Some of the stuff on the freeway was pretty cool (like Morpheus snatching the Keymaker off the motorcycle)

The funniest part was explaining exactly who the guy on the table across from Neo was to the people I went ot the movie with. They honestly had no clue, and gaped at me when I said 'Ooooh, Agent Smith on the table!'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 19 May 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lacking reality sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In the words of Denis Leary,

"Well this sets a fine legal precedent, does this mean I can sue Dan Fogelberg for turning me into a pussy in the mid 70's"? Is that possible, huh? Huh?

"Your Honor, between him and James Taylor, I didn't get a blow job 'till I was twenty-seven years old. I was in Colorado wearing hiking boots, eating granola. I want some fucking money right now!"

People who try to blame that sort of thing on music, movies and videogames seriusly piss me off mad.gif

I finally saw it on Sunday.

I think it was about what I expected, and must say I liked it. People complain about the same things that they loved in the first Matrix. Why? The first Matrix was groundbreaking and new. When they naturally continue with what they have hammered out as their unique style, its not new. People bitch. Since the first Matrix came out, that style has been duplicated and copied and plagerised so much that it is almost cliche. Why do you think "bullet-time" was used once?

This movie is a bridge, nothing more nothing less, to the two main stories...life and death, ie Matrix and Matrix:Revolutions. And as such it did its main duty splendidly, while at the same time creating more mythos, and more questions.

Part of the fun is reading into the movie. The WB brothers have stated that all the symbolism and "coincidence" you see is there for a reason. Yes the large speech about "causality" relates directly to the plot and the story. Determinism vs. Free Will some have said. Some have pointed out Gnostic theology in the stories. Of course there are undoubtedly strong Buddhist and Christian imagery and stories involved as well. Part of the fun of the movie is extrapolating on these bits and pieces they throw at us. These scraps that they feed us to continue thinking.

(SIDE NOTE: Anyone notice the pic of Dudya on one of the screens in the Architect's scene when he is pointing out the violent and destructive desire of man?)

Also if you expect everything to be wrapped up nicely in the last movie, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's not the style nor the theme of series I wager. Expect to leave with questions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The philosophy as given to Neo near the end was pretty damn cool. The ideas were great, and the execution was good too. I cant wait to see Revolutions in November.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, the movie picked up near the end when Neo met the Creator. Who would have thought that the Oracle was just another B.S. program meant to distract the humans? It was an interesting twist to say the least. I hated how they ended the movie though, they left me hanging.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People who try to blame that sort of thing on music, movies and videogames seriusly piss me off<span id='postcolor'>

Me too.

What pisses me off more are the dumbass politicians who will probably introduce some stupid law about "getting tough" with the entertainment industry in another attempt to legislate our lives from cradle to grave. What the fuck ever happened to personal accountablility?

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 20 May 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also if you expect everything to be wrapped up nicely in the last movie, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's not the style nor the theme of series I wager. Expect to leave with questions.<span id='postcolor'>

You'd be right on that point for another reason: The Matrix online. The Matrix online is a MMORPG set to come out sometime in 2004 based in the Matrix world. It will be set after the Matrix:Revolutions so Revolutions can't be totally conclusive or else there wouldn't be a plot for the the Matrix Online. The creators of the Matrix, the Wachowski brothers have said that the three films only cover a small part of the Matrix world, a bit like Tolkiens world. You can read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but you still haven't read all about Middle Earth.

Nice trailer smile.gif

it was taken from the game "Enter The Matrix" when you finish it you see the trailer, and these peeps probly uploaded it smile.gif

I was disappointed, I was bored to death during some of the endless fighting scene's. The one with the hunderd smith's was really boring, The guy is fighting the same guy for what seemed like an hour and not a single of them died nor did it get anyone anywhere ...... If it had been left out it would have been just as good  rock.gif The highway scene was cool IMO and the ending where Neo met the Architect/Creator was cool too. The rest i found to be rather senceless. Also the very ending with the "To be concluded" i found to be rather old hat and unoriginal.

I finally took some time yesterday and went to see it. I lack the words to describe the crappyness of this movie. The action is boring. The effects are bad. The "philosophy" is laughable. The total lack of believable characters is incredible.

The ending sucked big time too. It's like amateur film night. crazy_o.gif

They should have stopped after the first movie and left a good impression. Don't waste your time and your money on this piece of crap.

I finally took some time yesterday and went to see it. I lack the words to describe the crappyness of this movie. The action is boring. The effects are bad. The "philosophy" is laughable. The total lack of believable characters is incredible.

The ending sucked big time too. It's like amateur film night.  crazy_o.gif

They should have stopped after the first movie and left a good impression. Don't waste your time and your money on this piece of crap.

Can't agree with you at all on that one. It was definitly well done.

Maybe something was lost in the Swedish translation tounge_o.gif