Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Un dropping ball in congo?

Quote[/b] ]you know the worst ? most of the cannibals don't know how too cook properly and the meat becomes tasteless and they don't finish the dishes

if one day , i must end up in someone's stomach , i want to be correctly cooked and to become a state of the art dish

Only from a Frenchman biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you know the worst ? most of the cannibals don't know how too cook properly and the meat becomes tasteless and they don't finish the dishes

if one day , i must end up in someone's stomach , i want to be correctly cooked and to become a state of the art dish

Only from a Frenchman  biggrin_o.gif

That`s style! If you want to see how a real Frenchman dies watch Plunkett & MacLeane. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

That`s style! If you want to see how a real Frenchman dies watch Plunkett & MacLeane.  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Damn good movie! biggrin_o.gif

update:

New fighting continues in the Sud-Kivu region, with operations conducted by the RCD’s 4th and 9th Brigades. The RCD elements may have been supported by troops from the Rwandan Army. The attacks were small scale and “local.†However, the attacks have occurred after the Kinshasha peace deal, which the RCD signed.

you know the worst ? most of the cannibals don't know how too cook properly and the meat becomes tasteless and they don't finish the dishes

"Ran au Vin" smile_o.gif

you know the worst ? most of the cannibals don't know how too cook properly and the meat becomes tasteless and they don't finish the dishes

"Ran au Vin"   smile_o.gif

yeah , big good red meat with red wine .....

"Ran au Vin"   smile_o.gif

yeah , big good red meat with red wine .....

biggrin_o.gif I'll bring Hannibal Lecter for dinner then wink_o.gif

news:

Quote[/b] ]Lendu tribal fighters attacked a Hema village 19 km south of Bunia before dawn, but the sound of a French helicopter patrol over the Ituri savannah drove them off. However, the attack had already claimed nine villages. The first wave of Lendu, dressed in military uniforms, fired on fleeing villagers while the second wave in civilian clothes hacked the wounded with machetes. After the helicopters frightened the attackers off, 150 more French troops in armored personnel carriers went to the village and secured the area. The raiders made off with 250 head of cattle.

Meanwhile, the RCD-Goma (Congolese Rally for Democracy) offensive against the Mayi-Mayi and the Interhamwe militias continues in the mountains near Fizi and Baraka (on the banks of Lake Tanganyika, South Kivu province). In the past few days, over 30 RCD-Goma soldiers were hospitalized in Uvira (about 90km from where the fighting is) and yet the RCD continued to deploy reinforcements to the area. In the past few days, a group of MONUC observers arrived to the gathered information

Update:

Quote[/b] ]September 3, 2003: Swedish Brigadier General Jern Isberg arrived in the Congo in late July to take up his post as MONUC's deputy force commander. A few days later, he was appointed acting commander of the Ituri Brigade (the UN force that took over from a French-led multinational Task Force 1).

The Ituri Brigade will muster 16 infantry companies, reinforced with armored personnel carriers [APCs]. Starting in the town of Bunia and working outwards, they plan to sort out the various militias and armed criminals in the region. The one "lessons learned" that the departing EU troops passed on to them was that they must be ready to use force when the situation dictates, immediately and without hesitation.

However, it will take the UN force about six months to fully cover the territory they need to control.

Quote[/b] ]The mainly-French "Task Force I" officially handed over security duties to MONUC and began leaving Bunia aboard two AN-124 and several C-130 transports. Most of the troops would leave Bunia by September 8, but some would remain until September 15 to provide backup for the incoming MONUC force.

About 2,000 peacekeepers, mainly from Uruguay and Bangladesh, are already in Bunia under Task Force II. Another 1,168 Pakistani and 1,000 Nepalese troops are expected to bring the total to 4,700 in September. Bangladeshi troops have already begun patrols and working on information supplied by locals, have so far found two assault rifles, two grenades and three magazines in Nyakasanza.

The day before at 2AM, a failed mutiny was reported in the northeastern city of Kisangani. Gunfire could be heard for more than one hour, but the provincial governor said that loyalist troops had subdued the insurgents after an hour-long gun battle. Apparently the cause stemmed from a disagreement about the power-sharing accord reached in December 2002. Around 31 officers from the former Kinshasa government army, former rebel groups and the Mayi-Mayi militia were appointed to military leadership posts.

General Bora Uzima of the RCD-Goma was been accused of leading the failed putsch. He denied the charges and being something of a comedian, told the UN that "if I wanted to launch a coup d'etat, I would have had arms. I am being accused of having 45 men, but here I am, all alone."

Good to hear that more peacekeepers arrived. smile_o.gif

More men are needed to provide security outside Bunia. The French had only control over the city and the militias outside were safe from being disarmed.

$33ker @ Sep. 05 2003,14:36)]Good to hear that more peacekeepers arrived. smile_o.gif

More men are needed to provide security outside Bunia. The French had only control over the city and the militias outside were safe from being disarmed.

well .... no Bunia = no airport = no large UN deployments

Of course it was your primary target to secure the airport and that's what the limited number of french troops was assigned to do. I'm not saying you didn't want to operate outside of Bunia, you just didn't have enough troops to do it. smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Sep. 05 2003,15:06)]Of course it was your primary target to secure the airport and that's what the limited number of french troops was assigned to do. I'm not saying you didn't want to operate outside of Bunia, you just didn't have enough troops to do it. smile_o.gif

well , we've also operated around Bunia and strategical spots , but well . we've had 2 death on our side lately so ...

I pull my hat towards the french troops in congo. Untill now they have done a great job with good sense for civil attitude and awareness not to cause more trouble.

I am a fan of french troops abroad, especially the ones I had the honor to meet and to serve with.

somalia9.jpg