Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Srt version 2.0 - goggles?

Jackal, very nice add-ons.  I love your SRT units.  Your M4's are excellent!  And open rails...I wonder how difficult it would be to put a flashlight and laser on there?  And while I'm at it, maybe an Aimpoint?  Might try it later...

But, instead of the goggles, I think you should just put the NVG's on.  They're much more useful, and are better eye candy.  Just a thought...

And as for the M733, it did NOT have a removable carry handle.  Neither does the M16A2.  The first Colt with the removable carry handle was the M4.  That's why they had their Aimpoints on carry handle mounts.  And BTW...Deltas used a variety of carbines in Mogadishu, and in BHD. Not just the M733.  Look at the "Gordy Gun" next time you watch the movie.  The M733 has an 11.5" barrel, if I recall correctly.  Gordy's was 10" (or somewhere therabouts), and then his supressor.  Just my $.02...

EDIT: Colt's system for identifying their products is hardly efficient. There are so many variants, and the trade markings on the lesser used variants are hardly accurate. I think there are around 4 CAR-15's floating around. The original CAR-15 had their proprietary telescoping full stock. The flashhider also began right after the front sight post. It was common among officer in Vietnam, if I recall.

And as for the M733, it did NOT have a removable carry handle.  Neither does the M16A2.  The first Colt with the removable carry handle was the M4.  That's why they had their Aimpoints on carry handle mounts.  And BTW...Deltas used a variety of carbines in Mogadishu, and in BHD. Not just the M733.  Look at the "Gordy Gun" next time you watch the movie.  The M733 has an 11.5" barrel, if I recall correctly.  Gordy's was 10" (or somewhere therabouts), and then his supressor.  Just my $.02...

Well, there obviously is an M733 with a removable carry handle, otherwise how do you explain the photos of them?

Also yes, they used a variety of weapons, many of which we probably dont even know about to this day, they could have had some early M4's or MP5's, or god knows what, the main reason i was trying to clear up that it wasnt a CAR-15 is DF:BHD, all the carbines in that game are M733 and yet are labelled with 'CAR-15', and every carbine in the movie, apart from gordons, were also M733's, and its not really as if people are getting excited over the real event, people want the guns, and anything surrounding the movie, as they have been made 'cool' by hollywood

My apologies...I always get a little too technical when it comes to guns. I was almost positive there were no M733's with removable carry handles. Oh well.

Well, there obviously is an M733 with a removable carry handle, otherwise how do you explain the photos of them?

Also yes, they used a variety of weapons, many of which we probably dont even know about to this day, they could have had some early M4's or MP5's, or god knows what, the main reason i was trying to clear up that it wasnt a CAR-15 is DF:BHD, all the carbines in that game are M733 and yet are labelled with 'CAR-15', and every carbine in the movie, apart from gordons, were also M733's, and its not really as if people are getting excited over the real event, people want the guns, and anything surrounding the movie, as they have been made 'cool' by hollywood

well isnt that the entire point of buying the game Operation Flashpoint and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down who would want to buy an "uncool" video game?

Thread is about goggles, stick to discussing that subject in this thread please smile_o.gif

Well, I have decided to include animated goggles on one model of each type (i.e. 1 x Woodland Camo and 1 x Desert Camo). This may not be to everyone's liking, but that is how its gonna be.

On another note over at http://sjb.ofprc.net/SJB_SRT_NEW_Des.jpg, you can find a quick screenshot I took of the new Desert camo that will completely replace the old version which many found to be too old and outdated. You can also see the new flak jacket/vest that will be as standard on all the recon units (as well as the SRT Members, although Woodland Recon, Desert Recon and SRT Units' vests will each have different textures).

Check out the screenshot anyway, and let me know your opinions.

Well, I have decided to include animated goggles on one model of each type (i.e. 1 x Woodland Camo and 1 x Desert Camo). This may not be to everyone's liking, but that is how its gonna be.

On another note over at http://sjb.ofprc.net/SJB_SRT_NEW_Des.jpg, you can find a quick screenshot I took of the new Desert camo that will completely replace the old version which many found to be too old and outdated. You can also see the new flak jacket/vest that will be as standard on all the recon units (as well as the SRT Members, although Woodland Recon, Desert Recon and SRT Units' vests will each have different textures).

Check out the screenshot anyway, and let me know your opinions.

It much better that way! i personly hate the warping because i use the View around with ALT very often.

Its good that way.

And that camo and the Vest looks really sweet!

I've updated ALL the Desert Recon units now, and hope to have updated the Woodland Recon units by this time tomorrow. Here is a screenshot of the Desert Recon Medic, with the new vest and insignia for easier identification of his function ;)

Also, the updated units will include an arm patch that can be used by squads when playing online. Its basically the same as a vehicles XML display, only in the form of a patch on the unit's left shoulder (thanks to Willem-Matthijs Crielaard for help on correct functionality).

With a sudden burst of speed, I managed to get BOTH the Woodland Recon Units, and the SRT Units updated, in the time since the last post :P

All I need to do now, is make the new units (with the goggles), and add the little suprise unit, most of you will be able to guess what this is. I then will have to update the Woodland and Desert snipers.

On another note, I've also started to redesign the site for the SRT Units, but I am hesitant as to whether or not to upload it, as the server is being very irratic and may be relocating in the near future (maybe meaning I'll need to upload it again).

I'll see how this goes.

Bad News: Due to Config.cpp issues (the fact the units don't appear in the editor for unknown reasons), the Private BETA I had planned has been postponed indefinately, until I can fix it.

If you have detailed and in-depth knowledge of Config.cpp files, please contact me via e-mail, MSN or forum PM etc. Any help you provide that leads to the successful fixing of the config.cpp will be credited, and you will be heralded as my persoanl hero.

hope u keep the boonie hats

and also add the covert operative helmets on some

and the covert recon beenie cap

Here you can find a small (low quality but still worth checking out) screenshot of the new woodland sniper, based more upon the BIS Sniper, but without losing its own 'personality'. Let me know what you think.

By the way ruff, I will be keeping the boonie hats for most of the units that already have them (all infact), and I'll be adding the Covert Op helmet to the units that use the animated goggles/NVGs, as well as another version of head gear that will be a little "different".

i cant wait for this new version of these guys

im sorry to hear about the config problems, i wish i knew more about that

i got one question, im sure its already been taken care of tho, dunno if it was in this thread or not tho, didtn bother to read the whole thing

once you got a little ways from the SRT units, the face textures would go all wierd, the top half would be like skin colored and the bottom half would be blakish kinda

just hope that got fixed,

anyway, hope you figure out the config problem soon

madd

ur a cool dude worthy of praise

cant wait

just cant

too excited

just take ur time

its all good

love it

very cool

these units are like the units u send on black op missions in the jungle to kill drug lords so if they get killed they have no affiliation with any country

I voted no, becase i use the "Alt sight" very often, and i hate the warping bug! mad_o.gif

OK, a lot to get through in one post, so here goes:

1) I've updated the site. Check it out here. Its got new images of the updated weapons and units as well as a page for people who have downloaded versions 1.0/1.1 to send me there funny/action-packed screenshots whilst using the pack.

2) Rifleman: The face bug will be fixed by release (hopefully), and the "black-belt" bug has been dealt with.

3) Sxep: I understand where you're coming from, but I am gonna include it on one (or two) of each type (1 x Woodland Recon, 1 x Desert Recon and 1 x S.R.T Entry/Officer).

This is 'the best of both worlds' as it gives those who do want animations etc what they want, whilst not spoiling the entire pack for those who don't.

I hope thats set a few minds at ease ;)

Looking over your weapons section, there is a few things I wanted to point out.

1) M16 looks too short...might wanna lengthen it a bit.

2) Might wanna use a reflex or red-dot scope for the MP5-N, as opposed to the riflescope. An Aimpoint would be excellent.

3) What you have as an aimpoint on your M4 is really a Trijicon Reflex. Just thought I'd let you know.

they are looking very dam good

cannt freakin wait

wow

are u gonna improve the sniper engagement range?rock.gif?

its just that it wont engage till it gets 250m of the target like the rifle men

sweet addon, good quality textures, just make the mp5's in your pack smaller scale for v2.0, they look waaaaaaaaaay too big, and ur m16 model looks too "bis"ish

By the way ruff, I will be keeping the boonie hats for most of the units that already have them (all infact), and I'll be adding the Covert Op helmet to the units that use the animated goggles/NVGs, as well as another version of head gear that will be a little "different".

great work! i love the idea  rock.gif

ehmm is it possible to make tactical binoculars like the laser designator (+ zoom + laser distance + animations) like the BAS LD

Tactical Binocular Topic

Should the Special Reaction Team Addons by SJB, have working animated goggles, similar to that in the BAS Delta/Ranger Pack?

Post your opinions...

GAhatch_protection200A.jpg

looks nice with the boonie...

Ballistic Optical Safety System 6000 eyewear features replaceable parts, can be worn underneath helmets and won't interfere with shooting. The eye protection was designed in cooperation with SWAT professionals for tactical teams and is built on an aircraft alloy frame that will not flex. Lenses are anti-fog polycarbonate and provide 100 percent UV protection. The B.O.S.S. 6000 also features on-the-fly tear-off adhesive lens covers that allow the user to quickly clear debris or adjust for changing light conditions.

Hatch Eye Protection  rock.gif

Interesting...

*Adds a unit of each type with static (non-animated) goggles to his "TO DO" list*

I've uploaded a screenshot of the new Mossberg 590 Shotgun. It can be seen here.

I will upload more images of the units/weapons in the coming days/weeks.

Sufficed to say I have worked out all problems with the config.cpp and the units are now working.  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: ...and before anyone comes out with a comment about the shell being rather large, its because it was ejected towards the camera, and it seems disproportionate. I assure you it isn't.

looking better everyday

Interesting...

*Adds a unit of each type with static (non-animated) goggles to his "TO DO" list*

yeah specially for the boonie units

i´ve got a question about your brilliant OICW, is it possible to make the "digital" display (processing, 5,56mm, etc.) more transparent? (great texture!!!)  rock.gif