Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Vietnam

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then call a spade a spade and recognize that Bush was just as much a draft-dodger; the only difference was he had a rich daddy who could get him into the National Guard.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok ok, so Bush doesn't have a perfect ANG record. It's still better than skipping the country to protest. tounge.gif

An old flight isntructor of mine was a SF in Cambodia. Spent his tour over there blowing up bridges, secretly of course.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then call a spade a spade and recognize that Bush was just as much a draft-dodger; the only difference was he had a rich daddy who could get him into the National Guard.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok ok, so Bush doesn't have a perfect ANG record.  It's still better than skipping the country to protest.  tounge.gif

An old flight isntructor of mine was a SF in Cambodia.  Spent his tour over there blowing up bridges, secretly of course.<span id='postcolor'>

he had a job to do , he said he'd be allright lalalala ... fllllllllyyyyyyyyyy to cambbboooodiiiiaaaaa aaaahhhhhaooooooohhhhhhhoooooooohhh .. sorry ......

every time i hear or read the word cambodia , it makes me think about THE song

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then call a spade a spade and recognize that Bush was just as much a draft-dodger; the only difference was he had a rich daddy who could get him into the National Guard.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok ok, so Bush doesn't have a perfect ANG record.  It's still better than skipping the country to protest.  tounge.gif

An old flight isntructor of mine was a SF in Cambodia.  Spent his tour over there blowing up bridges, secretly of course.<span id='postcolor'>

I think you have to face it, Bush jr ran off his last name.

Only reason he's president now is because of his father.Only reason he got in a good college was because of his father.Only reason he didn't get in trouble is because of his father.Only because where he's now is because of his father.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he had a job to do , he said he'd be allright lalalala ... fllllllllyyyyyyyyyy to cambbboooodiiiiaaaaa aaaahhhhhaooooooohhhhhhhoooooooohhh .. sorry ......

every time i hear or read the word cambodia , it makes me think about THE song<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, just like Cartman with "I'm Sailing Away"? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 17 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he had a job to do , he said he'd be allright lalalala ... fllllllllyyyyyyyyyy to cambbboooodiiiiaaaaa   aaaahhhhhaooooooohhhhhhhoooooooohhh .. sorry ......

every time i hear or read the word cambodia , it makes me think about THE song<span id='postcolor'>

If you know Kim Wilde lyrics by heart it only means that you are too old wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 17 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 17 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he had a job to do , he said he'd be allright lalalala ... fllllllllyyyyyyyyyy to cambbboooodiiiiaaaaa   aaaahhhhhaooooooohhhhhhhoooooooohhh .. sorry ......

If you know Kim Wilde lyrics by heart it only means that you are too old wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

sssssshhhhhhhhh

and i don't know them by heart ...... tounge.gif

NVA used/had some Mi 4s and some Mi 6 too. But I dont think any of them were used in the south while the US were there, maybe after the US pulled out.

-=Die Alive=-

What planes dropped the napalm? and were they little bomlets or did it just get sprayed out the back?

Can I get some information on the Mi 4 and mi6? or were can I get some. Most of the yahoo links are broken for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 18 2003,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What planes dropped the napalm? and were they little bomlets or did it just get sprayed out the back?<span id='postcolor'>

A-1 Skyraiders, F-4 Phantoms, F-105 'Thuds', F-5 Tiger-II's and I think B-52's. There are some other aircraft like the A-6 Intruders that I'm not so sure about. And napalm was dropped in bomb form.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 18 2003,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can I get some information on the Mi 4 and mi6? or were can I get some. Most of the yahoo links are broken for me.<span id='postcolor'>

mi-4.jpg

Mil Mi-4

mi-6.jpg

Mil Mi-6

It looks like a military swamp boat. Don't think it's a hovercraft. But I think they had the big HC's back then.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ April 18 2003,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 18 2003,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What planes dropped the napalm? and were they little bomlets or did it just get sprayed out the back?<span id='postcolor'>

A-1 Skyraiders, F-4 Phantoms, F-105 'Thuds', F-5 Tiger-II's and I think B-52's. There are some other aircraft like the A-6 Intruders that I'm not so sure about. And napalm was dropped in bomb form.<span id='postcolor'>

A canister, to be exact. Basically it's just a big ass aerodynamic barrel of the hot stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what is this called besides hovercraft?<span id='postcolor'>

Hydrofoil?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What planes dropped the napalm? and were they little bomlets or did it just get sprayed out the back?<span id='postcolor'>

Napalm is a gelled type of gasoline (sort of like gasoline flavored jello) that's dropped in bomb form, not sprayed or with any bomblets.

Is there any sites that talk about the war strategy wise? If that is the right word for it. I mean, most of the sites I see are about memorials or just about the politics behind it. I would like to find some sort of timeline of battles with some information on each of them.

The NVA did have Mi-2's and they did use them later in the war during the Easter Offensive in 1972.  They also used armor at that time.  They got the newer Russian 130mm and 152mm guns by then too, so they could outdo U.S. artillery.  My Dad has pics of these NVA canvas covered trucks rolling up to the beaches, the crew scrambling out of them, and uncovering a 152mm gun mounted on the back.  They would then fire like mad at the ships providing naval gunfire support trying to find the correct range.  About two shots into the process, the ship's 5 inch gun would zero in on the little buggers and blow them sky high.

He also witnessed a huge tank battle between the NVA and the U.S. that you can't find documented anywhere, but it happened.  Also he saw a daisy cutter dropped on a hill full of about four companies of NVA infantry once.  He said the hill just "jumped" into the air and then disintegrated into dirt clods.  A whole large hill and a battalion of NVA vaporized in one instant.  He said he'll never forget it.

Oh, he has another story of tigers swimming more than a mile out to sea and eating fishermen in those strange little conical boats they used over there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,04:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL But Clinton bashing is allright biggrin.gifwink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If stating a fact is Clinton bashing, then yes. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

but its not a fact smile.gif

He didn't make the academic clause so moved to England to go to university.

He didn't protest the war.

Even if he was drafted, only 25% of those who went to Vietnam were drafted.

Bush joined the Air National Guard, which prevented him from being drafted and gave him the option of going to Vietnam, which he didn't take.

From what I've heard he trained, did it for a while then moved and just didn't bother reporting to his next station.

There is a lot of bullshit about on Vietnam but there is also a hell of a lot of information about it.

Nothing about the conflict remains classified by the way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 19 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did the NVA have Tupolevs?<span id='postcolor'>

You need to be a bit more specific, but I assume you mean TU-16 Badgers.

I doubt they flew any, even if they did have them in their inventory. The NVA airforce was primarily a fighter force, used to counter strikes by US aircraft.

Try digging around google though.

If it's in Vietnam they'll definately have that concealment bug fixed.

FINALLY!

I got shot through two tents today.

... TWO!!!

OT - Is SuperPak 4 out anytime soon FSPilot?

.......And don't say 3 to 4 weeks!