Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Vietnam

Hmm LOMAC. I eye it with suspision, but we have both been spoiled. I doubt LOMAC will let you fly over 25+ A/C!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 20 2003,00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm LOMAC. I eye it with suspision, but we have both been spoiled. I doubt LOMAC will let you fly over 25+ A/C!<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, and the flyable list is frozen, so it's unlikely we'll get to fly anything other than a few versions of the MiG-29, Su-25, Su-27 and the F-15C and A-10. But in all fairness to Eagle Dynamics, Maddox Games didn't have to replicate complex avionics for each aircraft smile.gif. I'll be getting that one for sure, after flying mostly western fighters in all the realistic sims I've played, I find the Russian avionics fascinating - they're just so different! Anyone who's played Lo-Mac's predecessors, the Su-27 series, probably knows what I mean. Plus Eagle Dynamic's Sims are the only ones I've seen that featured Russian jets with their authentic cockpit as opposed to "Westernized" ones.

I just want the A-10. Sure the Eagle and the Russian birds will be lots of fun to fly, but I'm hot for that A-10. I just hope my PC can handle it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just want the A-10.  Sure the Eagle and the Russian birds will be lots of fun to fly, but I'm hot for that A-10.  I just hope my PC can handle it.<span id='postcolor'>

Hopefully it will simulate the stagger when the Avenger is fired. The recoil on that cannon is immense.

No way in hell I'd like to fly over a modern battlefield in a A10. Way to many effective MANPADs around these days. The only reason its still in service was due to its performance in the Gulf.

Could you imagine flying over N Korea in one of those? Eeek!

You know the routine: beam, dive, break, pray! biggrin.gif

But I guess the manpad problem is the same for every plane.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know the routine: beam, dive, break, pray!  biggrin.gif

But I guess the manpad problem is the same for every plane.<span id='postcolor'>

Not when your operating at 10,000 feet, as opposed to 100 feet!

Plus the MiG's that like to snack on slow, low flying aircraft. Better hope you have a decent CAP operating!

Naah, I just dodge as many missiles as I can. The AI in F4 is horrible with cannons, so they more often than not miss and overshoot, then I nail them in the tailpipe with an AIM-9. Works like a charm, most of the time. smile.gif