Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Beretta cx4 progress

Six and I figured we would try to make something more than just a mission for OFP...

so we thought about making an OICW

-then someone else made that

So we thought about making the SOCOM

-then we heard BAS are working on that

So we thought about something completely new:

Beretta's first tactical rifle.

CX4 "Storm"

Early progress image:

cx4.jpg

I've learnt to not promise anything concerning a releasedate as I still have'nt released a single OFP-mission in quite some time. But looking as the model is coming along nicely we should'nt be that far from the first public-release....

Any feedback/critic is welcome (as long as its constructive) thumbs-up.gif

Cx4Storm_S.jpg

Here are two images of the real one:

Side view

Angle view with stash

From Berettausa.com

Designed to meet the needs of law enforcement, the new CX4 Storm is also excellent for sport and home defense. The fixed barrel design and long sight radius (12.9") make this gun inherently accurate. The cold hammer forged 16.6" barrel is chrome lined for maximum corrosion resistance and increased barrel life. The 5ľ 1b. weight and overall length of 29.7" make this Carbine light and compact. semi-automatic blowback design is simple, rugged and reliable. Field stripping can be done simply and quickly without any tools. High strength techno polymers were used to reduce the weight, increase corrosion resistance, eliminate problems associated with metal finish wear, and achieve an affordable price. Cross-bolt safety, magazine button and bolt-handle are easily reversible for right or left-hand use. Even the ejection can be switched from right to left and back without the need of tools or additional components. Firing pin and hammer block prevents movement of these critical components until the trigger is pulled, and a bolt safety will not allow the bolt to cycle should the carbine be dropped or struck against an object.

Once again, Beretta teamed with internationally renowned Giugiaro Design to study the ergonomics and style the firearm. Rounded forms are snag-free, modern and innovative. Rubber stock comb provides a comfortable rest for the cheek. Magazine is inside the grip, protected from impact and the environment. Controls are very similar to those found on our popular 92FS pistols, so most shooters will be immediately familiar with the operation of this firearm. Length of pull can be lengthened in .6" increments, from 13Ľ" to 15" by adding one to three stock spacers (one provided). Multiple sling attachment points allow a multitude of carry options. Retractable forward accessory rail extends out from the fore-end, allowing quick mounting of tactical light or laser unit. Hard mounting points allow the addition of various accessories, including side, top and bottom "Picatinny" rails. These will accept optics, tactical lights. lasers and vertical grips. One side rail included. Front post sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, while the rear ghost ring sight has long and short-range apertures. Both sights are protected by rugged "ears" and may be folded down when optics are used.

All you moderators are so talented... tounge.gif

That looks pretty nice... just a small question on what size the textures will be. Is that a weapon that is futuristic, it looks like an HKG3 shrunk and smoothed around the edges.

Not sure on the tex-res yet.

The CX4 has nothing in common with a G3.

It's a semi-auto and has approx the size and weight of an MP5 but a longer barrel.

Oh and Six is the modeler, not me smile.gif

Hmm, color doesn't look like the one I saw <of course neither do the barettausa photos>

Let me chk with a friend, see if there's more than one color for it <Dani works for Baretta>

about the oicw thing... you could do an ACR (advanced combat rifle) pack with the three that were put u for trials. (AAI, Colt and Steyr). that would be cool if you wanted to.

the_unknown_one

another Beretta? sheesh Shadow, you really need some counseling.... crazy.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

nice looking model. yes, the color is abit too blue.

another pic has more blue tone, but maybe due to lighting.

edit: the real carbine can use 92F mag, so how about making the magazine same as that of BIS's M9?

Looks good.

Hey Shadow, if you have a Berretta fetish, how about making one of these (Berretta M12 SMG):

berett12s.jpg

Or maybe a Spectre (not strictly Berretta, but based heavily on the M12)

spectre.jpg

The current texture was just to skin the rifle for that picture. We will use alot higher res textures toned in black.

Nothing has been (or will be) decided yet if/what the next weapon will be.

Six and I have been slacking the last year so we will dedicate all our resources to complete the CX4 and a black Zodiac before attempting other addons.

Yes, I have personal interest in the M12. Everyone who knows me, know I got a thing for Beretta. Pure and sweet design (IMO).

That Spectre looks nice, Fubar.

Is that tripple-stack mags?

If possible, the CX4 will be a rifle no.2 for a soldier (replaces lawlauncher-slot). As it will be a semi-only. We have'nt decided if we will go with a 15, 17, 20 or 30 mag yet. As of today Beretta only manufactures 10 and 15 mags, but they are planning on manufacturing 30-mags for the CX4.

The CX4 uses standard 92FS-mags.

We are counting on making two versions of the rifle:

One with aimpoint and 1.5x zoom and one with tac-light and regular iron-sight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ April 11 2003,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, color doesn't look like the one I saw <of course neither do the barettausa photos>

Let me chk with a friend, see if there's more than one color for it <Dani works for Baretta><span id='postcolor'>

Any help/assistance in any way is highly appreciated and ofcourse creditable in the addon smile.gif

cheers thumbs-up.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ April 12 2003,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If possible, the CX4 will be a rifle no.2 for a soldier (replaces lawlauncher-slot). As it will be a semi-only. We have'nt decided if we will go with a 15, 17, 20 or 30 mag yet.<span id='postcolor'>

is that a possiblity? seems like OFP engine is based on having 2nd slot weapons to be held somewhat awkward, squating only.

Currently,

This model is offered in Blued steel,Tactical Matte <flat black>,

Later versions may be offered in Chrome and Olive.

<damn girl tried to SELL me one, I luv her like a sister but, LOL

what the heck am I gonna do with it?>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ April 14 2003,19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Currently,

This model is offered in Blued steel,Tactical Matte <flat black>,

Later versions may be offered in Chrome and Olive.

<damn girl tried to SELL me one, I luv her like a sister but, LOL

what the heck am I gonna do with it?><span id='postcolor'>

Send it my way ofcourse.

I'll make it worth your while biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the CX4 won't be allowed here (too short barrel).

That might change if a flash-supressor or fake silencer will be made.

Minimum legal barrel length over here is 19" sad.gif

Then there is the problem of getting Beretta to ship a handfull of CX4s to Norway when they got 1000s to ship to other countries confused.gif

I am experiencing that issue right now with H/K. Been waiting since mid-february for my MK23.

On the topic of finishes:

We will most probably go with the tactical matte finish.

what ever happened to this gun? it hasnt been released yet has it?

There's a rule about bringing up old threads like this. But I think it warrants a resurrection.

LOOOOL, Shadow's last post on this was in April 15th... of 2003!!!

Better de-ice those lenses, Cpt. FrostBite... tounge_o.gif

j/k biggrin_o.gif

my god i didnt think it was that old. i guess we sould just let it die again

My buddie lost the model during a HD-crash a long time ago. sad_o.gif He did'nt have time back then to make it from scratch again.

If someone feels like making it, be my guest smile_o.gif

I don't have much time for addons at the moment, so I highly doubt my buddie and I will give it another go.

Gordon Frohman, don't dig up topics older than 3 months if you have nothing valuable to add to it.