Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

As far as I know Iran used chemical weapons against Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war,so i guess after that,one would get chemical protection. And besides that coalition forces have also their chemical protection suits,with that logic you could think coalition is planning a gas attack(wich it will not do)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 26 2003,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another interesting thing is that this weekend BBC decided that it would no longer show real-time footage from Iraq, but that they would introduce a 20s delay so that explicit images can be censored.<span id='postcolor'>

I think i might know why they took this decision...

I was watching BBC News24 when the story of the captured and killed US POW`s was breaking. The BBC news anchor reported that Al Jazeera (sp?) were showing a video of the PoWs. They then switched to what they said was a live feed from Al Jazeera.

The pictures showed an american POW being questioned. It then switched to a body lying on the floor, with bloodstains round their lower chest.

After, i`d say, 1 or 2 seconds of this image, the pictures were cut, and the TV controller switched back to the news anchor.

As far as i know, no other western news agencies showed the PoW video till much later, and i don`t think anyone has shown any injured/dead. So i think the BBC must have decided that they jumped the gun broadcasting that video - hence the measures taken to prevent it happening again.

Do you guys think iraqis` executed america POWs ? Or do you guy think they was shot in the battle and well,the iraqi didn't give medical attention.I think they did the first one when they wouldn't say what they wanted on the video tape.Anyhow really doesn't matter how they died,because i don't think any of those POWs are coming home.Which is sad.

Sky News just showed a closeup photo of a smiling British marine with four dents in his helmet. Apparently he was hit four times by automatic rifle fire and none of the rounds penetrated. I'm not surprised he was smiling. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Mar. 26 2003,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 26 2003,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This probably already been brought up.But whats your thought on about the 3,000 chemical suits they found in the hospital(iraqi soldiers were hiding in it) in iraq(forgot the cities name)?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it will become a good reason to speculate more on the "hidden weapons of mass destruction", as mr. Bush said today. But it is also a fact that almost every army on this planet has these kind of suits, so I wouldn't be too worried about this.<span id='postcolor'>

The presence of chemical protection suits does not provide any evidence that the Iraqis are preparing to use chemical weapons.

The coalition forces have been wearing chem suits much of the time for the last week, and nobody is supposing that they are about to use chemical weapons.

LOL smile.gif

still ..not a good omen.(well maybe for that guy!wink.gif

anyway- Good news. The Turkish have 'decided' not to send in troops to southern Iraq at this time

sorry Balschoiw i know you were counting on a turkish/kurdish massacre. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Mar. 26 2003,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sky News just showed a closeup photo of a smiling British marine with four dents in his helmet. Apparently he was hit four times by automatic rifle fire and none of the rounds penetrated. I'm not surprised he was smiling. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that marine is lucky. wow.gif

hope he did not do what that soldier did in Saving Private Ryan - taking helmet off after first shot was defelected.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 27 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Mar. 26 2003,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sky News just showed a closeup photo of a smiling British marine with four dents in his helmet. Apparently he was hit four times by automatic rifle fire and none of the rounds penetrated. I'm not surprised he was smiling. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that marine is lucky. wow.gif

hope he did not do what that soldier did in Saving Private Ryan - taking helmet off after first shot was defelected.<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently he didn't becouse hes still alive. Makes sense, eh?

tounge.gif

I think I gave that as advice to someone who was joining the military. Pins_da_smoka if i remember right

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do NOT remove your helmet and rub your head after it deflects a bullet.<span id='postcolor'>

or something to that effect

and who says we dont learn things from watching movies? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry Balschoiw i know you were counting on a turkish/kurdish massacre.<span id='postcolor'>

Well chances are still good. The turks already have at least 1000 man across the boarder and proposed that in case the situation gets out of control or they are attacked by the kurds or they decide that it is necessarry for stability reasons to procceed into Iraq they have left their options open.

I don´t think that this case is already rested.

Turkey has said it wont alllow their troops to move in to Iraq from their side, which has pleased the Kurds no end.

So now the first elements of the 173rd Airborne (based in Italy) have parachuted into the north of Iraq and reportedly seized an airfield already.

I think  a northern front was part of the game plan, but Turkey fucked it up somewhat, anyhow seems things may get back on track as a new front is opened and reinforcements reportedly on the way to assist the marines.

yes but coaltion forces lack one significant thing up there:

heavy units, especially tanks.

Web Journal

It's an interesting read. It's the web journal of someone living in Baghdad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 27 2003,02:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Web Journal

It's an interesting read. It's the web journal of someone living in Baghdad.<span id='postcolor'>

Something else along those lines:

Saddam's BLOG

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 27 2003,02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 27 2003,02wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Web Journal

It's an interesting read. It's the web journal of someone living in Baghdad.<span id='postcolor'>

Something else along those lines:

Saddam's BLOG

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!! That one is funny!!! Too bad it is so one sided! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Mar. 26 2003,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dread to know what they did to get some of those men to drive out in those tanks.<span id='postcolor'>

Probably much less then then what the British commanders had to do to get their troops to drive their tanks.

Is it so hard to understand that the Iraqi people and military are fighting to defend their home country?

To put it in terms that you might understand:

During the Battle of Britain, did the Churchill regime have to point a gun at the pilots who went up against the Germans?

LOL. And you are calling Balschoiw biased. crazy.gif

Denoir, you seem to think that the US is the bad guy in this situation. These people don't like Saddam, and understandably so, he's been terrorizing them since he was in power. They're only fighting for him because he's threatening to kill them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To put it in terms that you might understand:

During the Battle of Britain, did the Churchill regime have to point a gun at the pilots who went up against the Germans?<span id='postcolor'>

But Churchill didn't slaughter his people with chemical weapons did he, nor was he a dictator. They were fighting against the Nazis which did use chemical weapons on civvies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 26 2003,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Basra has been declared as a military target by coaltion forces. The whole town. This should be public now.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah right, that will sure sell the war to all those who are still doubtful. I suppose the carpet bombing of Basra should begin any moment now then? I mean if its a military target, why bother with sending in troops? Doing that would be inefficient, costly and inexcusable. Of course, this could be pure bullshit, then the Brits will still have to go in with troops. Time will show us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 27 2003,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, you seem to think that the US is the bad guy in this situation.  These people don't like Saddam, and understandably so, he's been terrorizing them since he was in power.  They're only fighting for him because he's threatening to kill them.<span id='postcolor'>

That's what TBA propaganda is trying to make you believe. Have you been watching the news lateley? Hello! They are rallying up behind Saddam. Actually about 100,000 Iraqi have returned to Iraq from abroad to fight for Saddam.

The idea that the people would not fight for Saddam has been proven completely wrong.

And yes of course the US is the fucking bad guy in their eyes, you are occupying their country. You are what the Germans were to the Polish in WW2. You are what Iraq was to the Kuwaitis etc etc

Anyway, this is getting into politics... needless to say, the theories that the Iraqi people don't want to fight for Saddam have been proven dead wrong. On the contrary, people are massivly supporting him. And that was the big miscalculation from the coalition side.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But Churchill didn't slaughter his people with chemical weapons did he<span id='postcolor'>

Neither did Saddam. He slaughtered the Kurds and the Iranians with chemical weapons.

The point is they are fighting to defend their country. I would do the same if Sweden was attacked, no matter who was in power. I would defend my motherland at any cost under any conditions and apparently so will the Iraqi people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 26 2003,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We know that Basra is under heavy shelling and the British troops try to get into urban warfare there. They are still bombing the town in large numbers wich will INDEED cause countless numbers of civillian deaths. Water and electricity is cut and pentagon sourced rumours of an uprising within Basra have been counterchecked by contacting local residents and journalists. There are no signs for an upcoming uprise within Basra.

US forces still suffer numerouse losses on their support ways.

Umm Kasr is still not clear.

Heavy battles reported and it is very likely that all numbers presented by US and coalition forces are nothing than bullshit.

It looks like the war on civillians has started on full scale. British troops have been ordered to engage ANY I repeat ANY persons in civillian clothes. No matter if they are actually fighting or not. Basra has been declared a military target wich in the language of war means that any inhabitant, military or not is an enemy and will be shot if possible.

In Bagdad missiles hit crowded civillian, NOT MILITARY, areas and resideantial zones.

We all share the opinion that coalition forces try to break the civillian will now to enforce a revolution within Bagdad. US troops around Bagdad are scared of the losses and a possible defeat that would (even if only parts of the invading army would be defeated) be a major loss for the coaltion forces on the international stage.

Therefore we will see a lot more "misguided" rockets the next hours, days...

I doubt that the missiles were actually mislead. I think they are fired with purpose into civillian areas to put pressure on the people and in the end on the regime itself. The strikes will be mentioned in comparison with the accuracy of the rest of the missiles on Bagdad and the US officials will claim the percentage of the "mislead" missiles is low overall. But as we all know it was Mr Rumsfeld who repeated the accuracy of these LRW´s over and over again. I repeat. These were no Ari shells, these were LRW´s with most modern technologies that if you follow Rumsfeld, don´t even explode if the target in the visor does not match the preprogrammed target. You see ?

This war is getting very dirty now and the freedom the coaltion forces proposed to bring to Iraq turns out to be a freedom of death. I wonder, I really wonder, how the coaltion forces still think that peace and democracy (their primary claim) can be established that way. Now it shows that the respect and shelter of civillians within Iraq does not mean anything to the coaltion forces.

The current situation is dangerouse for the coaltion forces and they know it. They want to push even harder now and this will only worsen the scenario in the next days.<span id='postcolor'>

If these are the "facts" you are getting, I'd love to see the propaganda.

You claim to be in the military, but then you claim the coalition is targeting civilians to put pressure on them to conduct an uprising. LOL, anyone who came up with a strategy like that must have eaten retard sandwiches for lunch. How exactly will the coalition encourage civilians to rise up against Saddam's regime by killing members of their family with cruise missiles? I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. Of course, if this is the strategy, why have we not seen more civilians targeted? Only one missile out of how many, and that during a sandstorm no less. I'd chalk this up to simple error, but again, time will tell.

You've really gone out on a limb with these statements, while in my opinion they are delusional, it is admirable for you to lay it all out on the chopping block. Just don't be surprised to hear the 'snick' sound of the cleaver chopping off what you've exposed should you turn out to be wrong at war's end.

Hmm, and where did those Kurds live-IRAQ! And I guess the reason civilians are revolting in Basrah is because they love Saddam, right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 27 2003,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, you seem to think that the US is the bad guy in this situation.  These people don't like Saddam, and understandably so, he's been terrorizing them since he was in power.  They're only fighting for him because he's threatening to kill them.<span id='postcolor'>

Well! They're the bad guys!!! They're not better than soviets displayed in OFP! Well at least I like Guba more than Bush! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 27 2003,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, and where did those Kurds live-IRAQ!  And I guess the reason civilians are revolting in Basrah is because they love Saddam, right?<span id='postcolor'>

What revolting? It was proven to be bullshit. There was no revolt. Just another media spin/ over-excitement. And Basra are Sh'ia not Sunni btw.

And yes the Kurds live in northern Iraq, but that doesn't mean that they consider themselves to be Iraqi.

It's like the indians you slaughtered less then 100 years ago. They lived on your territory, but does that mean that they were your people?

I'm not claiming that all the Iraqis love Saddam, but they do love their country and are protecting it against a hostile invading force. The coalition hoped that their resentment towards Saddam would be greater then their love for their country. Apparently they were wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 26 2003,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I`m not following our german media anymore since the Coalition invaded Iraq. I stick to the Internet which means I even take a look into media such as CNN, BBC, Reuters, AlJazeera, ... , ... Everything I can get so to say. I`m against this attack war, that`s clear, but even with being objective it`s obvious that the Coalition has some problems so far. There`s enough proof around, even the fact that no news can be taken for granted (no matter from which side) tells a lot. How many times has Basra been taken until today? Thirteen times maybe? See, everything is just working fine.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Of course the coalition has had problems, this is a war, not a dance recital or junior high school rendition of King Lear. The military has characterized the opposition it has recieved as in the moderate level of its range of expectations. It never expected the Iraqis to come out with hands up, surrender their weapons and ask when they will be able to establish their own McDonald's franchise in An Nasiriyah. They are fighting on their home ground, which we have invaded, for a regime that has killed many people for even expressing a hint of dissent. Its obvious that many are going to stand and fight, and its going to take a lot of convincing and humanitarian aid to turn them around. Once they see the colaition does not want to occupy Iraq, and their daily life improves dramatically, things will change.

Its only the retarded media and civilians with unrealistic expectations about war that are surprised by all this fighting.

LOL, I mean we invade Iraq and they are actually fighting back, how can that be?