Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Russian weapons pack

As posted in the "New AK47" thread, I'm making a Russian weapons pack. It will contain the following:

AK47, AKS47, AK47 + bayonet

AK74, AK74 + GP25

AK101

AK103

AK104

AK107

AKS74U

SVD Dragunov

PKM

Bizon

Saiga

I'm going to need help with some .cpp stuff, namely the grenade launcher. Otherwise, I'm doing all of it. All of the weapons will be high-poly imports from other games or mods, such as Counter-Strike or Firearms mods. I'll also release a custom config.cpp which will replace the original game one, which will make all of the default BIS weapons replace with mine. I might see if I can enable this outside of the config, that way it would be possible palying online. Currently, I have the AK47, AK74, AK74 + GP25, AKS74U, and PKM models ready. The first four minus the AK74 + GP25 are ingame. If anyone can help with the grenade launcher, it'd be very appreciated. I'll post some pics when I find a good place to host pictures, since picturehost.co.uk only had 100 kb of space and IMG Studio is gone.

Cool...

I believe I can help out with the grenadelauncher

Is the AK-74's the the wooden, or plastic versions, or AK-74M's?

PS. Also, might i suggest the AN-94? Its the new 'official' adopted combat rifle of the russian army - though, its to expensive, so it wont replace the AK74 anytime soon.

PSS. Might I suggest the RPK-74(M) too, with a 45 round mag? icon4.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 16 2003,03wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PSS. Might I suggest the RPK-74(M) too, with a 45 round mag?<span id='postcolor'>

It's PPS  <!--emo&wink.gif  tounge.gif

Sorry...Just HAD to be said  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 16 2003,03:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool...

I believe I can help out with the grenadelauncher

Is the AK-74's the the wooden, or plastic versions, or AK-74M's?

PS. Also, might i suggest the AN-94? Its the new 'official' adopted combat rifle of the russian army - though, its to expensive, so it wont replace the AK74 anytime soon.

PSS. Might I suggest the RPK-74(M) too, with a 45 round mag? icon4.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok if you have MSN or ICQ that would be helpful. The AK74 is the plastic one I think, or at least the textures look like it. I'll make an RPK74 with the 45 round mag, by making a "hack" out of Kegetys' one. But remember that I'm importing stuff, so I'll only make what I can find. I'm too busy with my own mod to make my own addons outside of my mod.

Theres no need for an AK74 without the gl since it's exactly the same but without the gl.

If they all had a GL though, it'd be a hell of a time in MP smile.gif

Nice looking AKs smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Mar. 16 2003,04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If they all had a GL though, it'd be a hell of a time in MP smile.gif

Nice looking AKs smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'll transfer the GP25 to the AKS74U and AK47 too.

A couple of suggestions:

How about a moving belt for the PK?

Several different textures for the AK's?

Sights like those in Earl.'s weapon pack?

no, dont put GP25 on AKS74U, better make a BS1 (silent GL), and put it on AKS74U.....

Great that someone´s doing a proper pack (mailman´s pack is buggy), but the textures on the PK look a bit unnatural.

Are you going to make the ammo belt move as you fire?

I really miss a AKS-74, ie the AK-74 with the tubular stock that the above AKS-74U have. Can "I" have one, please? smile.gif

Also having one normal and one high dispersion (ala Nam pack 2) mag version for each weapon would be great. Enables one to use the high AI level without getting the "Terminator effect".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jotte @ Mar. 16 2003,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really miss a AKS-74, ie the AK-74 with the tubular stock that the above AKS-74U have. Can "I" have one, please? smile.gif

Also having one normal and one high dispersion (ala Nam pack 2) mag version for each weapon would be great. Enables one to use the high AI level without getting the "Terminator effect".<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that would be good, 'just' take the buttstock from the AK-74, and replace it with the one from the AKS-74U

I've done the AKS74 already. And I have the moving belt effect done, I just removed the "zasleh" selections from the models just for the screenshots. I already changed the textures on the PKM, and currently I'm working on the Saiga, Bizon, and a silenced AKS74U.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Mar. 16 2003,16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've done the AKS74 already. And I have the moving belt effect done, I just removed the "zasleh" selections from the models just for the screenshots. I already changed the textures on the PKM, and currently I'm working on the Saiga, Bizon, and a silenced AKS74U.<span id='postcolor'>

Great, I also though the textures on the PKM were alittle low-quality...

Btw. USMC Sniper, check your messenger here on the forum

Hmm the last message I got was from Skaven, if that's what you ment. BTW, I didn't really like the PKM I have here, I'm looking for a better one right now. I might just fix up the demo BIS one, for example adding the belt of ammo, or changing the ammo box on it.

Great o hear about the AKS-74 smile.gif and the silenced AKS-74U is a nice bonus biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jotte @ Mar. 16 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great o hear about the AKS-74 smile.gif and the silenced AKS-74U is a nice bonus  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about a silenced AKS74U. I completely forgot about that. smile.gif

I want to make an AK74M, and from what I see it kind of looks like an AK74 except in Grey Scale. Would this work if I just "Grey Scaled" the textures?

Did I ever say I modelled them? I clearly said a couple times that I'm IMPORTING the weapons from other games.

BTW, I retextured the AK74 I have and grey scaled (made them black and white) the textures; I have to say it does look like an AK74M very much. I'll have to wait till Supah goes online so he can host my screen to show you guys tho.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Mar. 16 2003,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All of the weapons will be high-poly imports from other games or mods, such as Counter-Strike or Firearms mods.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes Chaz, read the whole thread before making accusations. tounge.gif