KoreanLandGiant

AI Causing Massive FPS Drops And Lag Spikes

If any developers are reading this, official conflict is an amazing mode to play. At the beginning of every game, the performance is 10x better than modded community servers. The issue arises when AI won't de-spawn and over time it causes huge performance issues. This seems like an easy fix with a de-spawn timer on dropped items. I think we would see a big leap in performance on official servers.

Best Regards,

KLG

Footage Of AI Bug

• Like 1

That happens with servers with no AI. The POWERBITS servers of 100 hundred  players with no mods of conflict happens the same. Starts perfect and after a long time, starts the same problems of the video with no AI.

9 hours ago, borjamari said:

That happens with servers with no AI. The POWERBITS servers of 100 hundred  players with no mods of conflict happens the same. Starts perfect and after a long time, starts the same problems of the video with no AI.

The AI's corpses and all the items they carry don't de spawn, which is causing the performance issues. It doesn't actually matter if they are AI or not, the issue is not having a de-spawn timer. In my post I was referring to a situation where the enemy team placed down lots of living quarters and lagged the server with AI. POWERBITS is a 100 person server, so over time when people are dying and dropping items, it is progressively getting worse. The POWERBITS server would benefit from a de-spawn timer.

Typical Bohemia. They need a better netcode, but we need to wait a few years for the engine rewrite. Just be patient. They will fix it it a few years. When they hire better programmers.

28 minutes ago, jakeplissken said:

Typical Bohemia. They need a better netcode, but we need to wait a few years for the engine rewrite. Just be patient. They will fix it it a few years. When they hire better programmers.

Considering clearing the cache is already a feature in game master, I don't think this would be very difficult to program. I think the vision Bohemia has for the ARMA series is miles ahead of other Milsim games and we should be patient and understanding in there development process. They have always delivered us great games.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:32 AM, jakeplissken said:

Hmm lets think about it, where would a programmer go, to work for corporations , get 100k eur (50eur/h) and more and work on big cloud applications or work for a gaming company for 45k (21eur/h) a year where your customers call you names because they are all kids and think paying 30eur means they can drop all human courtesy and act like you are their slave. Where would you go ?

Its not that easy to hire programmers, then you need to hire programers in gaming which is not a nice industry to be in. Especialy for seniors with a family (which are the good devs you would want to hire). Which means that the programers hired will always sqew to the young side.

And then on top of that there are people like you 🤣.

(No one should have to work overtime)

I honestly hope they all spend as much time with their families as possible and dont listen to selfish and ungreatful people like you which are uncapable of saying a kind word to probably anybody in their life even if they do everything right. You certenly will not appriciate it but their loved ones will.

Get a perspective man, you are warm you are fed, you are not in a war, and at worst you have to wait a little. All you are proving is that you are impatient ungrateful unkind and selfish

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 6:14 PM, razor6014 said:

Hmm lets think about it, where would a programmer go, to work for corporations , get 100k eur (50eur/h) and more and work on big cloud applications or work for a gaming company for 45k (21eur/h) a year where your customers call you names because they are all kids and think paying 30eur means they can drop all human courtesy and act like you are their slave. Where would you go ?

Its not that easy to hire programmers, then you need to hire programers in gaming which is not a nice industry to be in. Especialy for seniors with a family (which are the good devs you would want to hire). Which means that the programers hired will always sqew to the young side.

And then on top of that there are people like you 🤣.

(No one should have to work overtime)

I honestly hope they all spend as much time with their families as possible and dont listen to selfish and ungreatful people like you which are uncapable of saying a kind word to probably anybody in their life even if they do everything right. You certenly will not appriciate it but their loved ones will.

Get a perspective man, you are warm you are fed, you are not in a war, and at worst you have to wait a little. All you are proving is that you are impatient ungrateful unkind and selfish

BI is notorious for being extremely low paying, and the main studio is in eastern Europe, a low pay part of the world (compared to western Europe, and North America). One can't help but to wonder if it would have been cheaper to just pony up the money to move the development to their Amsterdam studio, and hire devs from western Europe, and North America. Heck, who knows, if they did that, Arma 4 could have be out by now....we'll never know.

Speaking of perspective. 

Keep in mind that it isn't against the rules to criticize the game, but it is against the rules to say the kinds of things you say to those that criticize the game.

I appreciate that the mods have a light touch here, and let people moderate themselves. Maybe you could self-moderate what you say about other users?  

Players place too many tents and too many AI. Please remove all Ai spawning from the game and make it pure PVP. The developers are in over their heads and can not program a massively multiplayer game. There should be a limit of 3 living quarters per side per game. This is ludicrous. The game is unplayable with lang and disconnects. Please code a hotfix and fix this embarrassing mess before you humiliate yourselves too much.

17 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Speaking of perspective. 

Keep in mind that it isn't against the rules to criticize the game, but it is against the rules to say the kinds of things you say to those that criticize the game.

I appreciate that the mods have a light touch here, and let people moderate themselves. Maybe you could self-moderate what you say about other users?  

Aaah but herin lies the problem, I very much have respect who fall on hardship and as a team pick themself up. I very much respect builders who make something and take it silently every day. I respect people who want to help.

But to kick someone in the chest when down verbaly? rules ?

It is ok to go ad hominem towards developers and couch it inside a game critique? And we should now pretend its not what we see it is?

And as a community we should be fair to the customers , but we should also defend what brought us all together.

We should be kind and patient.

I agree with you that for everything there is a line.