Sign in to follow this  

Fish in the water

The torpedoes can be added to any addons. You can add it to a bus if it pleases you. It's the same way as you can add a laserguided bomb to anything. Now of course if you just add it to a standard model there won't be a torpedo hanging from it. To get an attached torpedo in the worst case some fairly simple modelling is required and in the best case just a config.cpp edit.

I'll probably make a blackhawk with torpedoes to show how it is done.

Without that, the torpedo will be spawned in mid air in the case of an aircraft carrying it (just below the aircraft with matching initial speed) or in front of a boat if you are using one to launch the torpedoes.

You can think of the torpedo as any other missile or bomb in OFP. It's not - it's actually a vehicle but the user won't see any difference.

Very cool! smile.gif When can we expect it to be released?

It might be fun to adapt your scripts for something like the LOCAAS:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/locaas.htm

I guess it would take the fun out of gameplay if your weapons are all automated wink.gif

Sorry to get off topic a bit - but has anyone worked towards a remote guidance system? Either for ordance or UAVs? Something player-controlled but remote with video feed would be kinda cool, for larger MP games you could have a command base retrieving info from the field and relaying it to guys on the front.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mark 46

Mark 48

Mark 50

VA-111 Shkval

UGST

53-65KE

UMGT-1ME

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, no Lätt torped 451 or Tung torped 613/2? The Kustkorvett might need some, and the HKP 4/14/15. wink.gif

Vi vill jaga mink! biggrin.gif

Video of the torpedoes in action (6 mb DivX avi)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris @ Mar. 09 2003,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

When can we expect it to be released?

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the prototype is fully working now. I have to implement some more guidance systems and make more torpedo models. The difficult part is however complete. So it depends on how much time I can spare. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Hmm, no Lätt torped 451 or Tung torped 613/2?

<span id='postcolor'>

I thought about it but came to the conclusion that there was no point. They are too similar to the Mk46 and Mk48 to be meaningful to implement. The new lätt torped TP 62 on the other hand might be good to have, but it hasn't been deployed yet, and the little I know about it is I think classified  confused.gif TP 42 might also be nice, but I think that it got cancelled sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shar @ Mar. 09 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vi vill jaga mink! biggrin.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif Translation for non-Swedish people:

"We want to hunt minks!"

He's refering to our navy chasing around Russian submarines for a decade only to come to the conclusion that what they thought were subs were actually minks smile.gif

Great demo video (and soundtrack)!!

Hopefully this will work its way into some interesting MP battle, but if I'm the poor sucker in a boat, will there be any hope for me?  Any chance of evasion or countermeasures?

Maybe some kind of ejection seat catapult type thing. smile.gif

I don't have some kind of witty picture for this one, sorry folks tounge.gif

Edit: Or maybe I do...

ejection.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 10 2003,03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Video of the torpedoes in action (6 mb DivX avi)<span id='postcolor'>

Very cool video wow.gif You should post it in the OTV thread!

I'm really looking forward to this addon. I've got a score to settle with the LST! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought about it but came to the conclusion that there was no point. They are too similar to the Mk46 and Mk48 to be meaningful to implement. The new lätt torped TP 62 on the other hand might be good to have, but it hasn't been deployed yet, and the little I know about it is I think classified TP 42 might also be nice, but I think that it got cancelled.<span id='postcolor'>

O'righty then, we'll solve it one way or the other. Very nice video btw, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of my fav movies ever. "Impossible to walk in this mess... No footing at all!" biggrin.gif

Oh, and it will prove fun trying to outrun those torps' in the Strb 90H. wink.gif

Thank you all for the kind comments smile.gif

The funny thing is that the video took longer time to make then the actual torpedo system  wow.gif

Now for some Q&A:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mar. 10 2003 @ 05:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any chance of evasion or countermeasures?<span id='postcolor'>

Until the torpedo acquires a lock it's possible to fool it by placing something in it's path and hoping that it will lock on to that instead. After it has a lock, well, you're pretty much done for. Your only hope is that it is a heavy weight torpedo using Linear Trajectory Prediction and that you can outmaneuver it long enough for it to run out of fuel smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shar @ Mar. 10 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">O'righty then, we'll solve it one way or the other. <span id='postcolor'>

It's fairly easy to make new torpedoes that use the core guidance system and physical model. It should not be difficult to make a Swedish torpedo pack for your Swedish Forces mod. I'll be happy to help you out smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Oh, and it will prove fun trying to outrun those torps' in the Strb 90H<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'm still waiting for a Stretan addon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 10 2003,13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gonna be fun to drop torpedos from this baby

http://ssjsolidsnake.free.fr/hh60.JPG

<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp. I intend to release a torpedo armed SH-60 as a demonstration of how to use the torpedo proxies on vehicles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris @ Mar. 10 2003,08:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very cool video  wow.gif You should post it in the OTV thread!<span id='postcolor'>

Why bother when it's on O/MTV already? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 09 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Mar. 08 2003,16wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 08 2003,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 08 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ship addons,

(Fremantle class patrol boat)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2174

(Pauk class, scroll down the page)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/vehicles

(Mirage patrol boat, in the middle of the page)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....&page=2

(LSD Ashland, scroll down the page)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....&page=1

<!--emo&smile.gif

*EDIT*

The Pauk class ship is probably the older version, new version should have more weapons and more details, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.<span id='postcolor'>

the newer version sucks. its jsut the boat and all the weapons and stuff liek the torpedos and all that. you have to place urself using the set pos command, and naturaly u cant move the ship. so stick with the older version. its much better.

BUT if u still want the newer version PM me and ill sendit to ya<span id='postcolor'>

the ship can move and a script/mission template with the boat having all of its weapons is given with the addon in the .zip

just copy it in the editor as much as you want/need boats<span id='postcolor'>

well ya u can move with the ship. but all the weapons "pods" stay hovering. or worse the actual ship it self bumps one of the weapon pods and everything goes up in one big fireball. and that "test map" didnt do anything expect have a few things jstu sitting there. a few friendlies. an empty helo oh and a weaponless ship  confused.gif  so i had to go ahead and plant all that shit down myself. the older version with jsut the caonnon was  A hell of alot better<span id='postcolor'>

I think you need to do some more testing, it worked fine with me, i could shift position to the different guns and to the commander pos. The weapons followed the ship smoothly and were able to shoot them all at the same time, only thing is that some of the guns had the muzzle flash bug.

The torpedoes look sweet Denoir smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Mar. 10 2003,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A very nice video -- Fear and Loathing biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, I figured you would like it wink.gif ( avatar.jpg)

Very cool smile.gif

I'm sure there shall be some good battles out of this.

I wonder what amazement CoC will bring us next...

The video was cool too. I've read the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas (I loved it) but after eharing the sound track on that video, I'm going to ahve to see the film very soon smile.gif

I'm currently modelling the different types of torpedoes. Then I have to retexture a blackhawk to become a seahawk and arm it with torpedoes.

Difficult to say how long it will take, maybe one week, maybe two or maybe shorter then that. I have a pretty good momentum right now so soon anyhow, I hope:

Here is a small update. Mk46 and Mk48 torpedos:

coc_t1.jpg

coc_t2.jpg

As far as I understand the external differences are minimal - some weapon pylons, a hatch for dropping a sonar bouy and slightly different gear configuration.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 11 2003,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I understand the external differences are minimal - some weapon pylons, a hatch for dropping a sonar bouy and slightly different gear configuration.<span id='postcolor'>

But i think you could easily modify the demo model if im right ?

If someone is to make a good seahawk addon, then some changes should be made to the model. The rear wheel in SH60 is placed further forward (it takes less space in a flight deck) and the weapon pylons are attached to the fuselage rather than stub wings. Also there is something what I believe is a sonar boey (how do you spell that?) dispenser at the place where the doors are located in blackhawks. Don't forget the radar dish underneath the nose!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Mar. 11 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone is to make a good seahawk addon, then some changes should be made to the model. The rear wheel in SH60 is placed further forward (it takes less space in a flight deck) and the weapon pylons are attached to the fuselage rather than stub wings. Also there is something what I believe is a sonar boey (how do you spell that?) dispenser at the place where the doors are located in blackhawks. Don't forget the radar dish underneath the nose!<span id='postcolor'>

Bouy wink.gif and it should be made powerd by the action menue to lower and raise. just for effects wink.gif