Sign in to follow this  
walker

Night mares

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 05 2003,00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are having nightmares about video games, you need therapy...<span id='postcolor'>

There was a similar thread about OFP dreams on the forums a long time ago.

I was most affected shortly after OFP was released and I couldn't pass the After Montignac mission after numerous attempts.

Memories................ biggrin.gif

lol, Walker, that sounds like a familiar dream wink.gif

I find it pretty interesting to hear about peoples ofp dreams, as games in general are a very good way to induce dream states.

I know a guy who used to play a lot of F1 racing sims, and after few hours he could lay down, close his eyes and see the race tracks still, then fall asleep and race in "lucid" dreaming (eg, fully aware he was asleep and dreaming).

Next time try using the BMP to "trigger" you normal real life memory. It is quite cool to wake up in a dream, especially a ofp dream wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 05 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a guy who used to play a lot of F1 racing sims, and after few hours he could lay down, close his eyes and see the race tracks still, then fall asleep and race in "lucid" dreaming (eg, fully aware he was asleep and dreaming).<span id='postcolor'>

Lucid dreaming is awesome wow.gif Only happened to me twice or something sad.gif

I don't think I've ever dreamed an OFP dream, but I've dreamed I was an OFP blackop in real life. In some city. I was hiding behind a bench or something, laying down on the ground. Then the guy I was supposed to assassinate I guess, came, and I raised up and shot him with the OFP HK. Pretty weird that I shot him confused.gif

Have also dreamed another thing, I was hunted by some (three I think) fatsos, in the same city as above. And I yelled for help but no one reacted. So I ran into a store, I thought that they couldn't ignore me there and they had to help me. And they did. They handed me a Uzi and the guy helping me grabbed some sort of pistol. Then the fatsos came in and I emptied a clip into him. confused.gif I can't believe I'm dreaming of such things, but at least it was self-defense. I think the dream was a bit about that if some one gets robbed on the street, almost no one would help. Most people just ignore cause they don't want to get involved. sad.gif

You only normally get dreams on computer games if you really like it!

Since I have this game called Crinsom Skies and I liked it thatmuch I got about 6 dreams on it over a few weeks. crazy.gif

I never have a enough sleep for dreams!

Bad thing about the forces, you need to get up at 6 am and if you want a social life you go to bed at 11 or 12. The result is just 6 hours sleep!

Lucid dreaming sounds cool. Maybe when all this Iraq stuff is over i can get to go to Cyprus where i shall just sleep all.....

*wakes up with head on keyboard"

I had a dream about Denoir once *cough*

Never dreamt about the game itself though, only about this forum confused.gif

Do i need to seek help?

Hmm...had one or two severely violent ones here and there. That's not uncommon for me though.

lol i had some very good dreams about OFP. i'm always dreaming in some kind of cutscenes. the stories i'm dreaming about are enough for at least a dozen campaigns! biggrin.gif

too bad that i don't have the editing skills to realize all the stuff that's in my head. wink.gif sometimes the cutscenes are underlined with music by Manowar and ths gives me a lot of ideas for Avon's O/MTV section at the FAQ. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Mar. 05 2003,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a dream about Denoir once *cough*<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I did once too, like 6 months ago... no it wasn't anything gay! biggrin.gif

No dreams from me because I don't dream that much anyway. My sleep is so deep. I have however played Flashpoint late at night and the truama from the experiance was enough to keep me awake a long long time. I work somewhere that we give out baloons and the balloons are in my area. Well on ocasion a someone will fill a balloon so big that when it gets to close to an overhead light it will pop. I react to this by ducking or wirling around in an excited state. People will laugh but for a split second I'm back on the electronic battlefield. Need theripy as someone above mentioned? No. Ofp is unlike any other game I've ever played. The sound of those tracked vehicles. When your next to a building and you have bullits hitting the side with some wirling past your head, your cutoff from your fellow soldiers, and your almost out of ammo it stops being a game and is all to real! When you watch the 4 men in front, on the sides, and in back of you get slammed down by enemy gun fire it stops being just a game for that moment and is scarey as you know what!

wow.gif I was headed home from work one night when I heard two cars collide. It was nothing serious. No damage becuase both vehicles were big suvs. The sound was enough to scare the living daylights out of me. I haven't even talked about hearing helicoptors and the images that pop into my head. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theavonlady Posted on Mar. 05 2003,01wow.gif3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 05 2003,00:33)

If you are having nightmares about video games, you need therapy...

There was a similar thread about OFP dreams on the forums a long time ago. <span id='postcolor'>

I believe that was my thread called "I had a dream". Does anyone know where it went? I still can't find it with the search engine.

this reminds me again of a very intensive and frightening moment playing flashpoint. i was a USCM soldier and ran away like hell to the retreat point with my squad from some BMPs and a T72. i saw all the tracers around me hitting my mates in front of me and i heard those noises when bullets hit flesh. those tanks needed several hits to kill a USCM soldier. this was the same with me. i was running away as fast as i could and i was hit 5 times before i died and the hits shook me every time and the noise of the bullets hitting me was pretty scary! wow.gif

another time i was hiding in a forrest at night and there was a hind flying over me. somehow the pilot spotted me and began to fire with his MG. all i saw were the tracers and explosions around me and i ran away like a headless chicken! i was running again for 15 seconds before i died. crazy.gif

sometimes i remember those moments when i hear a Bundeswehr CH-53 in the distance. or sometimes i think about it in school without any reason. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 05 2003,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Mar. 05 2003,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a dream about Denoir once *cough*<span id='postcolor'>

Really?  I did once too, like 6 months ago... no it wasn't anything gay!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In my dream i bought him a beer and he increased my post count, as far as i can remember crazy.gif

But im glad im not the only one.... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Mar. 05 2003,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my dream i bought him a beer and he increased my post count, as far as i can remember crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!! biggrin.gif No in my dream I think me and Denoir were looking for some appartment to rent or something. It was messed up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 04 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are having nightmares about video games, you need therapy...<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

I retract my last comment.

Now that I think about it, I was pretty young when I first saw Half-Life. My neighbor's dad was a Programmer for Sierra I think and he had Half-Life before anyone else did.

So when I came over, I was horrified as I watched a dead scientist being dragged up into a hole in a ceiling. If that wasn't bad enough, I practically jumped out of my chair when all of his organs spewed outta the ceiling after about five seconds of hearing this gory terring noise.

And Half-Life was nothing compared to Silent Hill.

JESUS THAT GAME IS FREAKING HORRIFYING!!  

I would like to post up some screenies for Silent Hill 3 which is coming out soon, but I don't know how to get a hold of the ones I saw. But they were pretty freaky.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 05 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Half-Life was nothing compared to Silent Hill.

JESUS THAT GAME IS FREAKING HORRIFYING!!  

I would like to post up some screenies for Silent Hill 3 which is coming out soon, but I don't know how to get a hold of the ones I saw. But they were pretty horrifying.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, Silent Hill takes the price for most scary game ever, try turning up the volume and turn off the lights in your room....

The only OFP dream I can remember having was a fair while ago.

I was on a hill, looking down the slope. Russian infantry was advancing up the hill. I had a LAW eqquiped and I fired it. I can't remember where the rocket went. I wanted to change to my M16 because the Russians were getting closer, but I couldn't, it was like my hands were stuck to the LAW. A Russiam soldiers ran up to me. He was standing over me (I was prone) pointing his Kalishnakov at me. I expected him to fire at any second, but he didn't...

What came after that has escaped my mind.

Probably because you died tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 06 2003,00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only OFP dream I can remember having was a fair while ago.

I was on a hill, looking down the slope. Russian infantry was advancing up the hill. I had a LAW eqquiped and I fired it. I can't remember where the rocket went. I wanted to change to my M16 because the Russians were getting closer, but I couldn't, it was like my hands were stuck to the LAW. A Russiam soldiers ran up to me. He was standing over me (I was prone) pointing his Kalishnakov at me. I expected him to fire at any second, but he didn't...

What came after that has escaped my mind.<span id='postcolor'>

The LAW part is the morons on MP that just use LAW's for everything. And the guy not firing is the AI taking it's dear sweet time biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Mar. 05 2003,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 05 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a guy who used to play a lot of F1 racing sims, and after few hours he could lay down, close his eyes and see the race tracks still, then fall asleep and race in "lucid" dreaming (eg, fully aware he was asleep and dreaming).<span id='postcolor'>

Lucid dreaming is awesome wow.gif Only happened to me twice or something sad.gif

I don't think I've ever dreamed an OFP dream, but I've dreamed I was an OFP blackop in real life. In some city. I was hiding behind a bench or something, laying down on the ground. Then the guy I was supposed to assassinate I guess, came, and I raised up and shot him with the OFP HK. Pretty weird that I shot him confused.gif

Have also dreamed another thing, I was hunted by some (three I think) fatsos, in the same city as above. And I yelled for help but no one reacted. So I ran into a store, I thought that they couldn't ignore me there and they had to help me. And they did. They handed me a Uzi and the guy helping me grabbed some sort of pistol. Then the fatsos came in and I emptied a clip into him. confused.gif I can't believe I'm dreaming of such things, but at least it was self-defense. I think the dream was a bit about that if some one gets robbed on the street, almost no one would help. Most people just ignore cause they don't want to get involved. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've had lucid dreams about skiing (after my first time), sex (after my first time - no kidding), combat (after my first time getting shot at) and almost any video game I play too much of - like OFP, Operational Art of War (divisional flanking nightmares), and various other games I've long since deleted because the reality of the games was far more horrible than the nightmares. The Sims is one. I hate that game.

Wanna know something really wierd? I'll panic when I play OFP sometimes. Like if I come around a corner and see a PK gunner looking right at me, there have been times when I really freak out and can't function on a normal level. The AI just shoots my guy, but still... it can be unnerving for me sometimes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Mar. 05 2003,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 05 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a guy who used to play a lot of F1 racing sims, and after few hours he could lay down, close his eyes and see the race tracks still, then fall asleep and race in "lucid" dreaming (eg, fully aware he was asleep and dreaming).<span id='postcolor'>

Have also dreamed another thing, I was hunted by some (three I think) fatsos, in the same city as above. And I yelled for help but no one reacted. So I ran into a store, I thought that they couldn't ignore me there and they had to help me. And they did. They handed me a Uzi and the guy helping me grabbed some sort of pistol. Then the fatsos came in and I emptied a clip into him. confused.gif I can't believe I'm dreaming of such things, but at least it was self-defense. I think the dream was a bit about that if some one gets robbed on the street, almost no one would help. Most people just ignore cause they don't want to get involved. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What's a fatso?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 06 2003,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Probably because you died tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know I didn't die, it was soemthing like I got on a train or something totally OFP related. Then after a while I ended up in Apocalypse Now at the bridge scene.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wanna know something really wierd? I'll panic when I play OFP sometimes. Like if I come around a corner and see a PK gunner looking right at me, there have been times when I really freak out and can't function on a normal level. The AI just shoots my guy, but still... it can be unnerving for me sometimes. <span id='postcolor'>

I never panic, sometimes a shock (like when we're walking and suddenly we're in an ambush). Remebered a friend of mine who got a real shock playing a vidgame (DoD). He literally jumped on his chair biggrin.gif you should 've seen that biggrin.gif

The worst game ever to scare living crap out of you was

Thief: The Dark project when creeping around trying to avoid the giant spiders. Many a time I had to switch off my computer really fast because I was too panicked to find the escape button!! You be creeping around and run straight into one it was really terrifying. The second worst was Aliens versus predators when trying to find facehuggers. That was a genuinely distressing experience. I only got facehugged once when playing the marine. After that I made sure it never happened in the next 18 months of playing!! I would always grenade myself to death to avoid it if was in a tight spot.