Sign in to follow this  
furia

Higher quality c-130

Me and my squad are currently using and enjoying very much Capt Moore C-130 v1a plane.

We do see many applications for this plane. With the newest HALO parachute (glide) avalaible and with Sebnampack 2 the possibilities for a polivalent plane like this are almost unlimited.

The actual add on is a nice one (Thank you very much Capt Moore smile.gif ) but could be improved more.

I think we should have 2 variants of this plane, we do not have to reproduce exactly each variety of this wonderful plane (Too many biggrin.gif )

One cargo hauling variant that can be used to transpost personel, Airborne operations (parachute) and if somebody may figure out how to release ammocrates with parachutes.

c-130-dfst9110084-s.jpg

c130_5.jpg

Another version, an important one would be the Scpectre, a C-130 gunship. I am not sure if this would be technically possible but if choppers can have a gun that can be aimed laterally buy a gunner maybe we can do the same with that plane.

Anyway I think some items should be improved on the actual avalaible versions.

A functional flight instrument panel with working flight instruments such most of the actual aircraft add ons.

A more realistic turn handling, the actual one is a bit poor and unrealistic

Better external textures.

A working ramp that can be lowered and raised.

And the possibility that soldiers instead be seated for the whole flight could select a "jump possition" where they could stand up facing to the ramp ( do not mean them waliking around on the plane while flying but to select that possition the same you select "go to gunner seat"

This way when approaching to drop zone pilot my be able to open ramp door and soldiers must be able to select that jump possition.

c130_231.jpg

Even adding a red and green light on cargo bay so jumpers could know when to jump would be nice.

Also would be good if the squad or country emplem can be added to it the same way it is possible on Sebnampack2 hueys.

This venerable plane has been in service since 1955 and it is still in production.

It had participated on all conflicts with many armies all over the world. 2 of the actually most promissig OFP mods such Falklands and Sebnampack could use it.

The good thing about a good C-130 add on is that it could be used in most possible scenarios of OFP realistically.

I am sure such add on would be a hit.

I ask OFP comunity to vote on this to let know the interest that such add on could have to Add On makers.

Maybe Caapt Moore who already did a very nice C-130 would be willing to improve his desing wink.gif

Im all for a new one, the current one is good, but as mentioned, the handeling is lacking, so much that the AI cant turn confused.gif

dont know about the standing too of the paratroopers inside, but im sure the ammo crates and lights could be handled via scripting, maybe take on from where some of the CH-47/MH-47 left off and have the light come on when the aft door opens? im not addon maker so i may be wrong...maybe one of the modmakers has a suggestion?

the AC130 would be impossible to hit anything with i would have thought, or only AI would have stood a chance of hitting the broad-side of a barn sad.gif

I would love to see an improved model with:

1. Better textures.

2. Better flight control.

3. Correct scale size (I think there was a problem with that.

4. Mission that put it to good use.

5. Desert, arctic and other various flavors to suit many mission types.

6. Better sound.

We need a better version ! As we also do for the Antonov !

I m not using the one that s out because the props are just crazy.gif

A better skinned version would be great already.

But seeing all the new units with animated stuff on it makes you long for a version with animated ramp, doors, etc ....

Cheers.

OFP sure lacks a decent cargo plane. The Hercules is a nice choice for the duty. A Better version sure would be needed, dont tell this to anyone but I think the previous one sucks big time tounge.gif I would especially like to see photorealistic cockpits and interior in the addons, since that often is all we see when we are inside the unit. Exterior textures should also be of good quality in my opinion. But if someone makes multiple versions of a plane, the skins should be set via the init field rather than having many planes in the menu. Basically a dark green version would be quite enough since the planes arent really painted "mission specifically".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Unatomber @ Mar. 06 2003,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if someone makes multiple versions of a plane, the skins should be set via the init field rather than having many planes in the menu.<span id='postcolor'>

1. Can this be done?

2. If so, is there performance overhead using this method versus a fixed addon model?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 06 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Unatomber @ Mar. 06 2003,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if someone makes multiple versions of a plane, the skins should be set via the init field rather than having many planes in the menu.<span id='postcolor'>

1. Can this be done?

2. If so, is there performance overhead using this method versus a fixed addon model?<span id='postcolor'>

only if all skins are on one pac or paa file

this may sound stupid but im gonna say it anyway.

i think someone should make a C130 with the ramp open (fixed) but class it liek a helo (hovering) that way u could at least to a running jump form the plane in mid air to start off missions. just a thought

Ground handling should be improved too. Even using an international airport 1:1 scale, the current herc can't stick to the paving.

Get your Master Mariner's Certificate before you try to steer the C17.

i thoguht BIS made a script thing-a-ma-jigger to make planes more steerable. and i can steer the C17 easy....go in the editor and turn it where i want it tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 06 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this may sound stupid but im gonna say it anyway.

i think someone should make a C130 with the ramp open (fixed) but class it liek a helo (hovering) that way u could at least to a running jump form the plane in mid air to start off missions. just a thought<span id='postcolor'>

then why not start on a parachute set on flying? do you really need to run out of the back of a plane? confused.gif

Well yea it would be proberley but BAS the script you are working on for the MH47E to walk in side when it's flying in mid air is it treu/fake and how far are you with it? and mabey if you have compleet it and released the new MH47E v1.1+Script to the public you can give the rights to let adammo or who ever gonna makes the new and better C130 use the script so we can walk inside the plane and jump al out and mabey with some extra scripting you can make if you are jumping out of the plane your Para will open it self or you could use the new para so you can do a HALO dive? and i know i dont may complain but hey there are we ( the comunity) for right? so i hope the textures will be very improved because the 1 now are not lets say: very smooth and make a scale model because i am sure the real C130 is much bigger than this little 1? but yea i like this Model a lot and i am happy with it and i dont may complain with all those nice addons already out but i sure will be a lot of hapyer if there will be a nice and better version........... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ Mar. 06 2003,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well yea it would be proberley but BAS the script you are working on for the MH47E to walk in side when it's flying in mid air is it treu/fake and how far are you with it?<span id='postcolor'>

There is a function on our MH-47E that, when the MH-47E is in a hover allows you to walk around inside, but if the MH-47E moves you will fall out, thats an engine problem, so in a moving C-130 you would fall out before you had the time to run out...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 06 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ Mar. 06 2003,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well yea it would be proberley but BAS the script you are working on for the MH47E to walk in side when it's flying in mid air is it treu/fake and how far are you with it?<span id='postcolor'>

There is a function on our MH-47E that, when the MH-47E is in a hover allows you to walk around inside, but if the MH-47E moves you will fall out, thats an engine problem, so in a moving C-130 you would fall out before you had the time to run out...<span id='postcolor'>

Be a great timesaver though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 06 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 06 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this may sound stupid but im gonna say it anyway.

i think someone should make a C130 with the ramp open (fixed) but class it liek a helo (hovering) that way u could at least to a running jump form the plane in mid air to start off missions. just a thought<span id='postcolor'>

then why not start on a parachute set on flying? do you really need to run out of the back of a plane?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well it was a suggestion for everyone else..i personaly hate jumping from a perfectly good aircraft confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i personaly hate jumping from a perfectly good aircraft <span id='postcolor'>

You don't know what you're missing dude biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this may sound stupid but im gonna say it anyway.

Why make it a piloted vehicle?

You could just as easily, make a C130 Object that looks like its flying and then just use the setpos commands on it/player(Did that with the LSD, object version of course, it never came down and it was useful for a mid-air chopper landing)

confused.gif hmm never thought of that

wink.gif thanks. ok all we need now is a "static" C130 with the ramp open. wel people get to it! lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 06 2003,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw can i ask what dumbass voted "whats a C130" ?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm offended...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 06 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this may sound stupid but im gonna say it anyway.

Allright...

Addon Maker named Hawk, the guy who made M109 Palladin, 2S19 MSTA-S and (both currently with artillery script which makes artillery work :) and Mi-26 with openable cargo bay and doors, now has made...

...an update for two current addons and one of his own...

...all planes with openable cargos...

- C130 Hercules (mod)

- An-124 Condor (mod)

- C5A Galaxy (own)

...all of these to be downloaded here:

http://of.fpp.pl/....

(this files are renamed to .com as the server did not allowed any other... just rename it to .zip :)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 07 2003,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...all planes with openable cargos...

- C130 Hercules (mod)<span id='postcolor'>

Besides the cargo ramp, what else was modified?

Skin?

Flying?