iorwerththeblack

How to load a saved singler player campaign mission?

I am probably being dumb here, but I cannot figure out how to load a saved game. During a campaign mission (single player) i press escape and press 'save' or sometimes 'save and exit'. When I later boot up the game I have no idea how I go about loading up the saved game - I cannot find 'load' anywhere!. Is it possible to save a sinlge player mission during it and then load it back up again later?

Also, while doing a single player mission is it possible to pause the game? Recently I pressed escape thinking that would pause it, only to come back later and find myself dead! 🙂

Any advice much appreciated!

Just now, iorwerththeblack said:

During a campaign mission (single player) i press escape and press 'save' or sometimes 'save and exit'. When I later boot up the game I have no idea how I go about loading up the saved game - I cannot find 'load' anywhere!

Ah yes, Arma 3 save system. Iirc, if mission saves on exit, you can only continue from that point from main menu (after reboot for example). Once you continue and are back in mission, then you can load manual saved games. Or, you can manually delete the autosave that is created upon 'save and exit' in you profile folder.

4 minutes ago, iorwerththeblack said:

Also, while doing a single player mission is it possible to pause the game? Recently I pressed escape thinking that would pause it, only to come back later and find myself dead!

What mission have you been playing? Generally, single-player is paused on Esc but maybe some missions disable that somehow. Or maybe you were running multiplayer mission from single-player. Yes, that is a thing or at least it used to be in Arma 1, it auto-hosts MP lobby with default settings.

Alternatively, are you using -noPause startup parameter?

Thanks for the reply.

I was using prairie fire DLC. I wonder if that is why there was no load option (or resume or revbert options)?

I also figured out the pause thing - it was because I still have the screen up. If i clicked off it it does pause properly!

11 hours ago, iorwerththeblack said:

I was using prairie fire DLC. I wonder if that is why there was no load option (or resume or revbert options)?

Possibly, I don't have those CDLCs, so wouldn't really know but it works fine without it? If that's the case, they may have a thread around in CDLC section, perhaps you could also ask there.

Just had this happen to me with the 'old man' scenario.

You get an error message telling you the complete path of the file that is causing the error including the path name.

mine was situated here:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\Oldman.Tanoa

Open windows explorer and walk that path till you are in the folder of the erroneous saved file. Arrange the files by order of last created.

- step 1) Make a Copy of manual save game and paste this file in the same folder (creating a file called save3 - Copy.Arma3Save)

- step 2) cut the name of the autosave (continue.Arma3Save) and rename the file you just copied in step 1 to that.

- Try the resume button now on your scenario, and it will work.

• Like 1