Sign in to follow this  
bibmi

African milita,south american forces and terroists

No, actually you need very little dispersion to make a noticable difference, <especially if you're making full use of available cover like a responsible troop> smile.gif

On the "just goes horribly wrong" kind of mission, I daresay the weapons wouldn't shoot straight, ah hell improvise, adapt,

overcome, if at first you do not succeed the paratroops are not for you, ya dig? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Mar. 13 2003,13:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 12 2003,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 13 2003,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's true wardog, but the way I see it, if you have to scrounge off the enemy dead,

A) the mission wasn't designed very well,

B) You need to learn to conserve ammo better, or

C) you should get used to the idea that any weapon you pick up is going to be off, because in real life, it wouldn't be zeroed to you either.

Anyways, that's what I do, you do what floats your boat, and we'll be happy anyway. <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

All true. i'd add that if you needed to pick up a weapon from a dead body, you not only will have a different "zero" on the weapon, but I'd bet that unless it was a professional soldier you killed, he wouldn't have cleaned his rifle. Even in the regular army, if privates aren't forced to clean their weapons, they never will.

Last I checked, most African militias (and even many armies) were composed of 14-17 year old boys and other assorted young punks with little formal training. I doubt that they'd even be able to figure out how to break a weapon down, let alone know what parts to clean.<span id='postcolor'>

All true, but if we're talking about the kind of dispersion usually only seen by activating FADE, You may as well stick your head between your legs.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh... never had to activate FADE. tounge.gif

This argument is kind of pointless right now... we don't even know how dispersed the weapons will be.

Besides, if you don't want to use dispersed weapons, just rearm the troops with the standard BIS/Kegetys versions.

I felt the dispersion on the Nam Pack weapons was perfect. Reds weapon pack was a bit too tight, I like the drawn out, chaotic feel of some of the nam missions.  (I also hate when I have 53 kills and the rest of my AI squad has about 10 between them.  crazy.gif)

In response to the discussion on no prone...

I think Commander-598 has a good idea.  Its not about whether or not Somali Militia "know" to go prone, its just that Flashpoint's AI goes prone in the weirdest places.  Besides, the somalis were running around firing from the hip for practically the whole battle in Mogadishu.  Pretty much all the footage I've seen of African Militia men (and boys) shows them firing without regard to proper form.  Also, I will cite two movies, BHD and Tears of the Sun, whom, to add to the "mass rebel army" effect, used waves of soldiers walking and shooting; not lying prone squeezing off 3 round bursts.

Sometimes suspending realism (like disabling prone) can actually make a level (or movie or story) feel more realistic...

You don't even need to see those movies - just look at news footage from Sierra Leone or the Congo or anywhere else that's flaring up in Africa right now. The types of soldiers - no, armed thugs - that this pack will portray are *not* professionals.

A quick update...I have not abandoned the project wink.gif

vade (who is doing the wep cpp's) is playing with a couple of new ideas...and in the meanwhile I have been refining some of the textures eg. added sandals to some of the African militia...

Good news....the addon (African militia) is in its final stages...just a little cpp issue to sort out and barring any major bugs I will release the addon hopefully tomorrow. Depending on the response (I'm not going to release addons people aren't going to use) I'll release the South American forces shortly thereafter. The "European terroist" addon is being completely redone and I've got a fourth pack based on "Bosnian/Chechnyan(sp.)" forces 90% done. So, that should cover

1. Africa

2. South America

3. W. Europe (and possibly N.America)

4. E. Europe

PS Hopefully some of the major addon hosting sites will be kind enough to host these addons, but if anyone else is interested in hosting them please let me know... wink.gif

This is a good time for us Flashpoint "freaks" smile.gif

Wohoo! Finally i am able to make some BHD missions. Thanks bibmi you are my new greatest hero. biggrin.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I sure download your addon all of them let's hope there will be no problems tommorow so you release it I need it I want it I kill ya if you dont release it tommorow tounge.gif

I am behind you 100% Bibmi, real great work.

Again sorry about the delay...I haven't heard back from my co-conspirator yet...its a minor glitch in the cpp but it messes up the selections in the editor (probably a missing { or }, that happens a lot in my coding)...believe me I want to get these out there as soon as possible...but I would rather fix what can be fixed now than receive dozens of complaints about an issue I know that could be resolved..... confused.gif

I hope you find and fix the broblem as soon as bossible.

All this waiting is driving me crazy. crazy.gif

It's cool, man. IF and when youmguys get them done, it's all good.

I've still got my fingers crossed for a 1.46 IRaq Pack, but I doubt it will happen... sad.gif

In the meantime, I'll just giggle over that picture of Afro Ken. smile.gif

Good news (for a change tounge.gif )

The addon is finished, and I've sent it to a couple of hosting sites asking if they would be willing to host the addon...been I while since I released an addon (been busy with Project Uk Forces)...please let me know what you think of it after its released...so I know whether or not to release the South American and East European addons (not happy with the Western terroists at all)....just remember these are not specifically geared towards BHD missions. They are more generic to encompass the conflicts experienced in Sierra Leone and the DRC, etc....

Lastly, if anyone else is willing to host these addons please let me know...the file is about 6 mbs in size.... smile.gif

Wohoo!

Maybe in a couple of hours I have brand new militia force in my computer.

Now all I need is a technical. Luckily someone is already working on that. biggrin.gif

It was that BHD team. I cant remember correct name but they are making all that Somalia stuff. I saw their technical model at OFP.info forums.

Also I think someone from Nomad mod said that they have technical under works but I am not sure.

The problem is that no one has made the standard pickup with machine gun on top yet so these guys will have something to get around in.  confused.gif

A pink late model Toyota (with an NYPD sticker in the window) like that one in Iraq would be cool!  biggrin.gif

EDIT: This one...

story.pink.truck.jpg