Sign in to follow this  
bibmi

African milita,south american forces and terroists

There goes the chance for some real gangsta hoes in the civil missions. Lol. Back on topic though if you don't want to make women and children that is fine. Noone is going to twist your arm and make you. The one thing that caught me off guard was the sneakers on the militia. If you make them name brand I'm going to have to wonder if that looks a tad too fortunate. I assumed that most Africans wore sandals judging from the Black Hawk Down movie. In perspective, I can understand them affording sneakers since perhaps militia are shop owners.

Now black women, don't take that out of context. Civil missions have this whorehouse and its packed with white girls. I like dark meat.

Having CIVILIANS to go with these very promising add-on charachters would be nice. They would help set the mood to the right geografic area for the missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 02 2003,06:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGTKOPP @ Mar. 02 2003,05:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if they have a gun shoot them  a woman and kid running is smart vc a woman and kid standing still dumb vc  just dont lead them as much crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ever heard of grammar and sentence composition?<span id='postcolor'>

i aint never heard of that stuff sea on the farm we have no scholl or nothin so yo just have to live wth it soory man

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 02 2003,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you go out of your way to spell like a 4 year old...it's just sad.

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed. wink.gif

ok guys back to the topic dont call off on somebody please lets keep this a friendly community mad.gif

bibmi any idea as to when they are going to be released?

vade is finishing off the high dispersion weapons cpp...and then there will be a few minor cpp changes to include these weapons...the African militia and South American troops are in-game, without any major bugs, yet...just need a little more testing to make sure there are no errors....

Just to reply to a few queries....

The addons haven't been released yet...

1. found a small bug when testing

2. the weapon cpp is still in the works

I might make a "civilain" addon to compliment the African militia....but at a later date....

Idea

Remove their ability to go prone.(G8 Mod did it with one of their early units)

I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.

Everyone knows about going prone.

Edit: However I do understand the effect. It'd make them easier to kill. But then the mission would be over faster because you'd run out of units to kill.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 02 2003,21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 02 2003,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you go out of your way to spell like a 4 year old...it's just sad.

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Almost as sad as trying to prove something by putting down other people's spelling.

Remember, English is not everybodies first language, and even if it is, there is no need to criticise people who may not have a good education or have other problems.

Remember Cloney, you started this by posting a sacrastic remark.

-----

Now, back to the issue at hand, these troops look great!

Obviously they are using some weapons from Kegetys weapons pack. How about some armed with an RPD or PPSh from the Seb Nam Pack 2 or WW2 weapons pack. Would these be appropriate weapons to the setting?

Then again, it usually isn't a good idea to make an addon that relies on too many existing addons either.

lol

You're such a champ pecker.

You just pick and choose when to have morals dont you?

I'm sure if I cared, I could go through this forum and find you guilty of quite a few infractions that would be frowned upon when it comes to social situations but I'll just leave it at that.

EDIT: btw, defending a guy who would post this...</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if they have a gun shoot them a woman and kid running is smart vc a woman and kid standing still dumb vc just dont lead them as much<span id='postcolor'>

is sad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.<span id='postcolor'>

Because it takes months of training to learn to lie down? I've been going prone since i was about 10 seconds old...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 05 2003,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.<span id='postcolor'>

Because it takes months of training to learn to lie down? I've been going prone since i was about 10 seconds old...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but then crouch and stand modes were disabled. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 05 2003,06:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol

You're such a champ pecker.

You just pick and choose when to have morals dont you?

I'm sure if I cared, I could go through this forum and find you guilty of quite a few infractions that would be frowned upon when it comes to social situations but I'll just leave it at that.

EDIT: btw, defending a guy who would post this...</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if they have a gun shoot them  a woman and kid running is smart vc a woman and kid standing still dumb vc  just dont lead them as much<span id='postcolor'>

is sad.<span id='postcolor'>

No, you must be confused. I always have morals. smile.gif

I just don't see the point in ganging up on a fellow poster just because he has poor English skills.

And his content has nothing to do with it.

Nitpicking people's spelling and grammar is always a pretty low act - how do you know the guy isn't dyslexic, or maybe fairly new to speaking English?

Though poorly worded, his post was far from incomprehensible.

Anyway, enough valuable forum real estate has been wasted on this stupid squabble - apologies to everyone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bibmi @ Mar. 01 2003,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the african militia = EAST

african government forces = Resistance

south american guerillas = EAST

south american government forces = Resistance

terroists = EAST<span id='postcolor'>

Just saw this thread. Could you please revert this and make the governemental forces east and the guerillas/terrorists Resistance? Makes more sense, imo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 05 2003,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.<span id='postcolor'>

Because it takes months of training to learn to lie down? I've been going prone since i was about 10 seconds old...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but then crouch and stand modes were disabled. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha I really liked that one Avon Lady sorry Evis can't resist biggrin.giftounge.gif

Damn man I really LMFAO biggrin.gif

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 05 2003,05wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everyone knows about going prone.

Edit:  However I do understand the effect.  It'd make them easier to kill.  But then the mission would be over faster because you'd run out of units to kill.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what respawn scripts or a massive enemy force is for.

Edit: Besides, you'd probably be having such an easy time hitting targets, you would flip the fire mode to full-auto and empty 5-10 rounds into a target, wasting ammo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 05 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.<span id='postcolor'>

So, you think this Militia force(Half of which are probably high off some drug common to the region) are going to take the time to hit the deck?

That months of training, is there to teach you that the prone position is actually useful. A Militia force doesn't know that or doesn't care to know that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 06 2003,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 05 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 05 2003,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt if some 83rd rate militia force knows about going prone.<span id='postcolor'>

So, you think this Militia force(Half of which are probably high off some drug common to the region) are going to take the time to hit the deck?

That months of training, is there to teach you that the prone position is actually useful. A Militia force doesn't know that or doesn't care to know that.<span id='postcolor'>

My friend, it was poorly trained "Militia" forces who INVENTED fighting from behind cover, lying down, ambush/gorilla tactics.

(Look at the American Revolution for one example)...and you could also look at the VC in Viet Nam. In many (but not all) cases, they were untrained villagers with weapons.

"Hitting the dirt" is a normal reaction, that does not have to be "trained" into you.

Training to shoot PROPERLY from the prone position may take training, but it is not rocket science...and easily learned.

anyway...If you want an army of soldiers that will not go prone, all you have to do is make one group of them with </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this SetUnitPos "UP"<span id='postcolor'> in each soldiers init field.

Then copy that whole group with "Ctrl+C"....and "paste" as many identical groups as you want with "Ctrl+V" wink.gif