Greetings Arma players! I hope you are doing well. Recently I bought Arma3 and spent quite an amount of time in this game, needless to say, I have enjoyed it so far. Then I decided to try something new - create my own mission (Like a single operation nothing big). Now I am learning what this magnificent thing called "Eden editor" is, many things are understandable but here comes the more complicated part - scripting.  The idea of what I have in mind is next: there is a task to clear the city out of enemy units after it's completed the marker on the map should change to another type and the player will receive a task to defend a position and after that comes an enemy attack of a few prepared npc's. I know it's not the best idea for a newbie to start with something complicated, but I'm really fired up for this. So I was wondering if you, honored arma veterans, could give me some advice or tips on where to start or which direction I should take. Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Korskyi said:

Greetings Arma players! I hope you are doing well. Recently I bought Arma3 and spent quite an amount of time in this game, needless to say, I have enjoyed it so far. Then I decided to try something new - create my own mission (Like a single operation nothing big). Now I am learning what this magnificent thing called "Eden editor" is, many things are understandable but here comes the more complicated part - scripting.  The idea of what I have in mind is next: there is a task to clear the city out of enemy units after it's completed the marker on the map should change to another type and the player will receive a task to defend a position and after that comes an enemy attack of a few prepared npc's. I know it's not the best idea for a newbie to start with something complicated, but I'm really fired up for this. So I was wondering if you, honored arma veterans, could give me some advice or tips on where to start or which direction I should take. Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome to Arma mission editing! Learn to use waypoints and especially triggers!
A guide for learning about the trigger system in Eden editor: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Trigger

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, Kalle M. said:

Hi and welcome to Arma mission editing! Learn to use waypoints and especially triggers!
A guide for learning about the trigger system in Eden editor: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Trigger

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI forums Korskyi!

Maybe i can provide some references, tutorials and guides for you

Thanks to both of you. I'll make sure to study hard!

• Like 1