Sign in to follow this  
GrimmDraco

Somalian soldiers?

Hi all,

After getting the BAS Ranger's pack, I've decided to make a blackhawk down mission, but I'm missing a few things I need to complete it. First off I need some Somalian soldiers to make it look real....odd having russians running around  biggrin.gif  and I need a truck with a MG mounted on it, you know what I'm talking about I'm sure. Other than that, thats about it, well, anyone know of a good tail rotor failure script?

Peace,

GrimmDraco

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GrimmDraco @ Feb. 22 2003,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi all,

After getting the BAS Ranger's pack, I've decided to make a blackhawk down mission, but I'm missing a few things I need to complete it. First off I need some Somalian soldiers to make it look real....odd having russians running around  biggrin.gif  and I need a truck with a MG mounted on it, you know what I'm talking about I'm sure. Other than that, thats about it, well, anyone know of a good tail rotor failure script?

Peace,

GrimmDraco<span id='postcolor'>

Just use the civilians and put this in their init line:

this setface "face33";

or

this setface "face39";

I think those are the two black faces in OFP if my memory serves me right. To add AK-47's on them just put:

this addmagazine "ak47"; this addweapon "ak47";this addmagazine "ak47";this addmagazine "ak47";this addmagazine "ak47";

Unfortunately civilians don't have many cargo slots so they can't carry much. But they make for passable Somalis...

To simulate a Somali technical just use an empty jeep with the machine gun on it.

Name it: jeep1

Then create two Somalies like a showed above.

Then for the driver put:

this moveindriver jeep1;

For the gunner put:

this moveingunner jeep1;

Walla you got some bad boys now rolling around in a technical.

The above works well at least until someone does make some Somali militia addons and some Toyota pickups with DShK 12.7mm machine guns on the back.

We also still need some MH-60 blackhawks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thanks, thats a good idea...one questin will the AI attack civilians??? I thought they wouldnt. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, anyone know an easy way for me to add music to my mission?

Peace,

GrimmDraco

You have to edit the mission.sqm and where it says SIDE=CIV you need to change that to EAST

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to edit the mission.sqm and where it says SIDE=CIV you need to change that to EAST

<span id='postcolor'>

.. Or group 10-11 civilians with high ranked east or resistance officer. Then delete officer. In this case you don't have to edit file manually.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 21 2003,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to edit the mission.sqm and where it says SIDE=CIV you need to change that to EAST

<span id='postcolor'>

.. Or group 10-11 civilians with high ranked east or resistance officer. Then delete officer. In this case you don't have to edit file manually.<span id='postcolor'>

I guess that would be easier. Never noticed you could do it that way before...

The only problem is that most Somalian gunmen tended to use full auto, and nothing but that. I really, really wish someone would make some decent militiamen.

Seriously, making a BHD mission requires an entire mod team.

Theres a few packs of civilian men that are classed as resistance that could be used. Using the face33(39 doesnt seem to work) some wrecks and that new mogadishu map, you'd have a pretty nice BHD scenerio. There's also a gun rack out there somewhere full of ak's that's a must to include!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Feb. 22 2003,08:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only problem is that most Somalian gunmen tended to use full auto, and nothing but that. I really, really wish someone would make some decent militiamen.

Seriously, making a BHD mission requires an entire mod team.<span id='postcolor'>

you can use try BAS AK47-HD on militia smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 22 2003,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to edit the mission.sqm and where it says SIDE=CIV you need to change that to EAST

<span id='postcolor'>

.. Or group 10-11 civilians with high ranked east or resistance officer. Then delete officer. In this case you don't have to edit file manually.<span id='postcolor'>

I tried this... but the soldier won't fire at those civilians confused.gif

You can always have some Resistance officers running around with the right face to simulate "warlords". This way you can just group the armed civilians with the Resistance officer and they will attack any Deltas smile.gif, those officers can also use RGPs.

Hey! Ive also spent between Last Summer and last night making a blackhawk down mission, i have 4 little birds all droppin off 4 delta soldiers each and then stormin a building; with 4 blackhawks dropping off a squad of 12 rangers each and gaurding all four corners. If you mix civilians with the resistance soldiers like thingio said it does work, and the soldiers then have to carefully pick their targets, also bung some unarmed civies in to make it more real! I would seriously like some1 to make a technical for those "we gotta mover we are gonna be pinned down" moments from the film; does involve downloading a heck of alot of mods though, ive got quite a few, SEBDelta, little birds, DAP blackhawks, RGT rangers, and eastern militia soldiers, and of course the building pack, "HOUSE destroyed E" i find is the best structure to match the mog streets, also the flat piece of terrain towards the bottom left of the death vally island is a good place. (Correct ground colour) biggrin.gif

sorry for the essay biggrin.gif

Matt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Feb. 22 2003,08:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 22 2003,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to edit the mission.sqm and where it says SIDE=CIV you need to change that to EAST

<span id='postcolor'>

I tried this... but the soldier won't fire at those civilians confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Try not deleting the officer, but instead move the slider for his "chance of being present" down to 0.

From a 160th SOAR blackhawk Crew Cheif (present with TFR)commenting on the Film:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Technical vehicles, way tooooooo many of them. In fact I never saw one of them the entire time I was there. By our ROE they were fair game to engage at ANY time. So they were never around. I very much wanted to see one so I could melt it with my Mini. <span id='postcolor'>

man,you know a bhd mod of ofp is all m waiting for.

We can design a brand new urban CQB MP mission in a brand new mogadishu map.

I think if it comes true it will be totally a break of the "traditional ofp play".

Now im playing DF-BHD instead to make some real feeling of the Movie.but that dissapoint me badly.

can i be some help of you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Feb. 22 2003,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I'm going to make a bhd map, im going to use the bas R&D pack.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you do make a Mogadishu map. The last one made doesn't have working textures and doesn't use the Resistance buildings (like the apartment buildings). I hope you use these in such a map. I would really like to update my BHD mission I made a long time ago with a new map with a Mogadishu city already made as part of the map so that the frame rate stays reasonable.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Vade are you guys planning to make some dirty old cars with machineguns on and dont forget the woman the somalian woman wink.gif

I doubt it. these units are more of a generic "african militia" than a specific "Somalian" addon. (think the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone etc.) and will also come with African Government Soldiers.

Hmm, very good ideas from all...I am tho, a newbie in the worl of scripting and such, so right now I use the editor to do it all(dont laugh) but I am a die hard OFP fan, and this is something I have put much thought into, and have GREAT ideas for. If anyone would be willing to help me with this mission. I would be more than happy to take some lessons in the workings of scripting and such.

Peace,

GrimmDraco

The "somali soldiers" (pics posted by vade) are nearly finished...just a few details (like the shoes) to sort out. In fact I decided not to make somali soldiers per se, but rather African militia. As vade said so they can be used in a variety of settings. All in all there are ten new unit models (8 militiamen and 2 government forces). The militiamen mostly wear civilian clothes (ie plain colored shirts and pants) and have a variety of headgear. Some are more quasi-military with webbing and maybe camo jackets. They are armed with weapons from Keg's russian weapons pack, as well as generic ak's. The government forces camo is based on a number African military camo's as took make them also fairly generic...there is a "black-beret" officer and "capped" rifleman. I've armed them with Fals.

The one other thing I would like to do is to make a small weapons pack for the militiamen using the ingame models but turning up the dispersion effect in the cpps. It was vade's idea

and I think it will help make the units seem less well-trained. I'm also looking into the idea of getting some technicals implemented...