rameback

Reforger map-making for A4

Hello, does anyone know if creating a custom map in reforger - will it be compatible with arma 4?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, it should as Arma 4 will be on this engine, just understand that AR is the test bed for Arma 4 so

BI isn't going to build Reforger on Enfusion and then put Arma 4 on another engine, maybe an updated version of Enfusion but

none the less what you build will carryover.

BI would piss alot of people off if Arma 4 were on a new engine, and its not logical anyways to put all their work and

time into Enfusion and then go and create another engine, that would be just counterproductive and counterintuitive imo.

• Like 1

Yeah the basic stuff will be definitely the same, configurations and inis will change though, but this has been the same for Arma 3. What I would find more interesting is the situation on using Arma 3 stuff for making maps/mods in Enfusion. I wonder if has anyone tested for exampe making Stratis work on Enfusion ? 🙂 Or did I miss something and this is completely forbidden ?

On 7/30/2022 at 7:12 AM, rameback said:

Hello, does anyone know if creating a custom map in reforger - will it be compatible with arma 4?

Thanks in advance.

BI has stated that they cannot guarantee content (terrains included) made for Reforger will be backwards compatible with A4. There is no way of knowing what the porting process will be to get Reforger content into A4.  

So were going to do all this work in AR and then when Arma 4 releases, we basically have to start over or

learn some new stuff to port it, or build it anew.  Sounds to me like BI should have just released Arma 4 as an alpha

like Arma 3 was and let us just test that and give feedback, build on it let it grow and go from there.

Maybe im looking at it wrong as i do know AR is the test bed to Arma 4, but does that mean that AR will become Arma 4

or is Arma 4 going to be something else like a whole new game?

What then is AR aside being a testbed, i mean does it have an actual future, if its just a testbed for Arma 4

then what happens to AR when Arma 4 is released and released in what state, alpha?

This is part reason i almost dont want to get involved in building something for AR aside its a bit early and some things

need to be ironed out thats a given, but the fact that AR is just a testbed concerns me as i said we all are going to put all this

energy and time as is BI into this "game" "tech demo" "WIP wannabe Arma 4" and then its either going to be Arma 4 or ... this is a part of Arma 4

What are we missing here, im missing the full picture, do we know at all?

• Thanks 1

As I understand it Reforger is and will be a game on its own, with its main function/focus being testing enfusion tech. Arma 4 will then run on the final tech but will be a completely new game. The thing is if Arma 4 would be completely incompatible with Reforger mods , then this here all would be a big waste of time. I see Reforger mainly as a chance for modders preparing and porting their existing Arma3 stuff for/to Enfusion. As Gunter Severloh stated, it would be a huge pain in the ass to completely begin from scratch with one setting,one map, 5 factions and a handfull of vehicles.....This would also be completely contrary to the idea of an Arma plattform....

Just like ARMA 2 terrains are not completely compatible with ARMA 3, without some modification to its script/assets or stuffs, I think the same can be said about Reforger and ARMA 4. That said, now that modders now knows the workflow of the workbench and enfusion, I think the porting process will be quite smooth... Of course this is just my personal opinion. It may also be totally incompatible and you have to recreate it from scratch again...

• Like 1

I think if RHS Team make a mod for Reforger all mod from reforger are compatible with next Arma 4

22 hours ago, sarakgaming said:

I think if RHS Team make a mod for Reforger all mod from reforger are compatible with next Arma 4

Amazing insight.

Do you have next week's lottery number?

• Haha 3

On 8/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, sarakgaming said:

we have no idea, most likely the assets will stay need little to no changes, but the configs (workbench setup) might need updates / changes 

• Like 1