Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Royal netherlands' marine corps released!

The Royal Netherlands Marine Force (RNLMC) / Korps Mariniers (KMARNS) units addon has been released. The units feature capabilities currently unique for an Operation Flashpoint addon.

This addon will add a selection of Royal Netherlands' Marine Corps units to your Operation Flashpoint: Resistance installation. You will be able to camouflage faces and take off/put on their helmets. When not wearing their helmets, the marines will proudly wear their black berets. The addon comes complete with the Dutch flag.

Although neither of the new actions has any effect on the statistics, it looks very nice, and adds to the atmosphere when playing the game.

The downloadable file is a ZIP file. Simply extract the contents, and copy the extracted PBO file to your Flashpoint\Res\ADDONS directory. Suitable for both Operation Flashpoint and Resistance.

This addon requires the following addons also to be installed:

- The latest C7 series addon

- The latest M136 AT4 addon

- The latest FN MAG addon

See the README.TXT for the following information:

REQUIREMENTS

CREDITS

CHANGELOG

UNITS AVAILABLE IN THIS ADDON

FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES FOR MISSION MAKERS

INFORMATION

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

DISCLAIMER

[ download this and addon and the required other addons here ]

marines-release.jpg

would have been nice if you included the weapons in the zip. oh well, I'm still dowloading them

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Feb. 22 2003,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">would have been nice if you included the weapons in the zip. oh well, I'm still dowloading them<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the advice. Available now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice m8 now another set with US flags only change the arm patch and the sign on the berets  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span id='postcolor'>

Extraction....Don't you think there are enough US units out there?It's good to see foreign units released once ina while you know  wink.gif

Hi

Mooi werk met die camofaces and helmets...dit is een blijvertje

No BAS tounge.gif just urs r staying in biggrin.gif

dont fuk with the KM wink.gif

Requires 1.91...not happy mad.gif

Addon makers, please stop making addons that require 1.91, it is still a beta! And many people do not want to install beta patches.

Besides, does 1.91 actually add anything these units need to work?

too bad my gfx card was burn out or something (not working) but already ordered a new one and this will be one of the things i will try when i get the new card, and i am pretty sure it is good stuff too. Just hope someone can make some mission with the uints now.

At last some decent troops to get into DKM's Partia. Downloading now.

Oh, do the Dutch Marine get into Partia in RL or do they use other LAV?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Feb. 22 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just unpbo the addon and change the 1.91 in the cpp file to 1.90 and all works fine wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I tried DePBO, PBO_ExtractorV05 and UnPBO, and all enountered errors trying to unpack km_marn.pbo.

What is the best, and most up to date tool to open these pbos with?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 23 2003,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Feb. 22 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just unpbo the addon and change the 1.91 in the cpp file to 1.90 and all works fine wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I tried DePBO, PBO_ExtractorV05 and UnPBO, and all enountered errors trying to unpack km_marn.pbo.

What is the best, and most up to date tool to open these pbos with?<span id='postcolor'>

That's strange, I used UnPbo to do the job and it worked (slow but) perfectly.

Here's some feedback:

Since me has a very-low-end system, I am able to see the bottom of the torso, and I can say that the textures down there are all grey. But no sweat man, I have this (minor) problem too with the French troops.

Overall, good addon all we need now is just the NH90 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 23 2003,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Feb. 22 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just unpbo the addon and change the 1.91 in the cpp file to 1.90 and all works fine wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What is the best, and most up to date tool to open these pbos with?<span id='postcolor'>

Sory for all the trouble people. I uploaded a modified version, that accepts OFP versions 1.85 and up.

I use MakePBO/UnPBO to manage the files. The slow extraction is because of the added compression.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, do the Dutch Marine get into Partia in RL or do they use other LAV? <span id='postcolor'>

They use the XA-188 Patria, the YPR 765 PRI-I

(M113-like vehicle), Land Rover Defender, grey Zodiac boats, the Royal Navy's UH-14 Lynx helicopters and the Royal Navy's Hr.Ms. Rotterdam (L800 LSD).

Check the OFP pages of http://mods.kmarns.net/

I gathered all the addons suitable for Dutch Marines there.

I'm not sure about the current model landing craft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's strange, I used UnPbo to do the job and it worked (slow but) perfectly.

Here's some feedback:

Since me has a very-low-end system, I am able to see the bottom of the torso, and I can say that the textures down there are all grey. But no sweat man, I have this (minor) problem too with the French troops. <span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... yes, I noticed. The lower LOD's are crappy. I'll check to see how BAS solved this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Overall, good addon all we need now is just the NH90 <span id='postcolor'>

Hm, although I'd like an NH90, think it would be wiser to put effort into the Lynx. (even though I strongly agree the NH90 is a lovely beast! )

marnsmile.gif

nahh the NH90 it should be.. and trust me that has nothing to do with the fact that the swedish army don't have the lynx but have bought some NH90's wink.gif

Hey matthijs these guys look great and the weapons too smile.gif Goed werk man!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Feb. 23 2003,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sory for all the trouble people. I uploaded a modified version, that accepts OFP versions 1.85 and up.<span id='postcolor'>

Great to hear. Dowloading now.

Thanks for the response biggrin.gif

Great pack indeed, but why there are no grenadier (C7/M203) among Dutch Marinses?

there arent any grenade guys (only our green berets use the grenade launcer)

sorry next part is in dutch...:P

mathijs wat wordt t volgende project van het nederlandse leger (mischien luchtmobiel een tip) of ga je niet verder?

of natuurlijk MET bv. de lynx smile.gif

prima gedaan het doet me terug verlangen naar me tijd bij de mariniers QUA PATET ORBIS (zo wijd de wereld strekt)

eens een marinier altijd een marinier !!

biggrin.gif

These are some nice troops. The removable helmet is something that should be added be added to other addons. Adds a lot to the addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (9mm @ Feb. 23 2003,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great pack indeed, but why there are no grenadier (C7/M203) among Dutch Marinses?<span id='postcolor'>

They don't use the M203. Last thing I heard, command is looking into H&K's AG36 grenade launcher for the C7. (yes, you read it right)

A LARVII rebreather is sitting on my harddisk, without a combat diver. The combat diver is currently No.1 on my "most wanted" list.

I'm also looking into possibilities to create a working 81mm L16 mortar. It should be the first ever properly working piece of artillery for OFP, for as far as functionality is concerned. I'd need some back-up for the reality part. A donated high-quality model (either skinned or unskinned) would also help to cut-down production time.

Hey, would be nice if it could be towed by the YPR that's currently under construction! smile.gif

Other wishes:

- Improve detail on the current marines

- Edit Rambozo's Mossberg M500 to include a buttstock

- "Tropical" outfit with boonie hat

- Steyr SSG PIIk

- RNLMC Sniper model

- remake existing addons like the Patria, Land Rover and LSD

- Finish my new website KorpsMariniers.com

Anyone that wants to contibute, drop me a line. There are no obligations, just ehm... immortal fame.