Sign in to follow this  
Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans

Resistance discontinued

Yep. That's right folks. If you have not bought Resistance, you better do it now.

I purchased Resistance back in October or November for $30. I was at Best Buy last night (USA), and they had 2 boxes of Resistance for $9, and they had a "DISCONTINUED" label stuck on both boxes.

Glad I got my copy. This may be an old topic.

Not surprising since they have introduced GOTY recently..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 21 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh my god.  I posted in the wrong thread.

I wanted to post in that thread that asks about playing the Campaign missions as Coo-op.<span id='postcolor'>

lol time to wake up there icefire

man no wonder one of my friends cant find it... sad.gif maybe theyll take resistance off and put IL on shelves tounge.gif

I hope this summer that they releases another pack, (Orginal, Resistance, Red Hammer, + New, quality mods. maybe a DVD Disc? wink.gif etc.. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mellis @ Feb. 22 2003,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope this summer that they releases another pack, (Orginal, Resistance, Red Hammer, + New, quality mods.  maybe a DVD Disc?  wink.gif  etc..  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's called the Game Of The Year edition, get it from a store near you now! For quality mods, search the Internet wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 23 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For quality mods, search the Internet<span id='postcolor'>

I think the intent was new, quality mods from BIS.

Nahh, just more quality mods from BAS, DKM, SEB etc etc. Let those BIS lads toil away at keeping me entertained from 2004-7! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ Feb. 23 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nahh, just more quality mods from BAS, DKM, SEB etc etc. Let those BIS lads toil away at keeping me entertained from 2004-7!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I always look forward to BIS' own addons and their improvements to the game code.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 23 2003,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 23 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For quality mods, search the Internet<span id='postcolor'>

I think the intent was new, quality mods from BIS.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that a MOD is a third-party addon to the game. If it came from BIS, would it be a mod? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 23 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought that a MOD is a third-party addon to the game. If it came from BIS, would it be a mod? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Semantically speaking, you're correct.

Nevertheless, I will more than appreciate another BIS-made campaign, expansion pack, ultimate upgrade - whatever they want to call it. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 23 2003,19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 23 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought that a MOD is a third-party addon to the game. If it came from BIS, would it be a mod? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Semantically speaking, you're correct.

Nevertheless, I will more than appreciate another BIS-made campaign, expansion pack, ultimate upgrade - whatever they want to call it. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Victory! tounge.gif

No, I agree with you. Anything from BIS is always quality and really welcome, but I'm totally against the concept of raising a product price by bundling together OFP, OFP:R and Red Hammer, and as a slight bonus a few new vehicles. Hopefully BIS will never do this smile.gif

Well, i'll need to find Resistance before I get IL. I had confused the GoldEdition for the GOTY Edition when I was out shopping for a good FPS MilSim.

I still love my Gold edition..but I -want- Resistance. So, I guess I can go look for it, see if the mall might have it for 9$ lol.

Ehm, 29$ for a copy of Resistance only?

I bought OFP:R the day it was released here in Sweden. It costed like 25$, and that was in june 2002..? Seemes kinda stupid that is should cost more now, like six moths later..?

Well, everything in America basically costs more...