Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

A question to bas addon studio

(in response to the question about RSS, I'm already there. It's a great team.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kikill @ Feb. 24 2003,00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">another question... deep in space... in a galaxy, far far away...

are modders making addons for theirselves or for the community?

or two :

what the community really want?

damn, three :

what is best for us ?

i wanna get high... sooo high... i am in da sky...

personnaly, i want high mega top quality stuff, i can see how professional some addons are, i become more exigent as the average consumer, meanwhile i admire the effort made by every maker, as i tried OË›... i love bas stuff, but i'm a bit disappointed by the AT, M4 desert camo and when i see what baconbomb can do, i just can't stop hoping for their collaboration. idem for last posted question to SIG. again with TOW delta's and BAS, tell me why didn't they worked together? why should we download another weapon pack? (i know about the comptability with their soldiers) , great, yes, ANOTHER M4... oh, maybe their silencer is shorter then BAS'.

sorry, it's not an attack neither to BAS nor to TOW, it's question i'm asking myself. damn, they would have share the work, we'd have a beautiful weapon, soldier maybe earlier and certainly much better to BAS' : more brain working, more ideas, more knowledge... again, add baconbomb in this project, can you figure out the output? (i love your work bomb! smile.gif )

swiss mod with BW-mod

WWII mods together

damn Vixer you're really right

i have a dream...

utopia when you catch me...<span id='postcolor'>

If there is a other team that makes for example a better M4 the team will always update their pack, so it will stay a race for the best addon and that is good for the public as they will be getting better and better versions of a M4 smile.gif

yes i agree competition is good.

but the idea is trying to be collective, so the effort would be more concentrated, canalized, directed.

i'm sure you, bas team, don't wait for other's addon for being more critic to your own addon and wanting to make it better.

ok, the comparison with the others helps. (at least when they can compete tounge.gif )

i realise it's too early to talk about a joint force of modders.

even when we have facts, BAS success (each member independently would have created such addons? i dunno. i'm sure of the strength of the team) bibmi confirms this with uk forces and bas. rss is promisefull...

plus i'm not an addon maker, just spectator and user. but as we say in france: le client est roi didiou! wink.gif

revolution! modders united! biggrin.gif

the radio??

ok hold on...

read this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now those three MODs are working together to gain time, while avoiding making the same units/vehicles twice. This should also allow us to have various french units, and some that could have not been considered as a priority by each MOD separately.<span id='postcolor'>

I mean like in the BAS Ranger thing somone has the radio, what does it do it comes with 0 ammo.

Viva La France! Well done lads...that's well done. Such maturity, who could have guessed it would have come from the French (j/k) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Now if all the WW2 mods could join together.... confused.gif

this is what deadmeat said about the radio in the ofpec forum;

The radio is there mainly for eye candy, but with some clever scripting it can be made to function, and call in evacs and CAS...

As we are making only French units/weapons, I don't think we would be interfering w/ others addon makers/teams currently.

But, we would be very interested (and ready to comply to) any specification (cpp values) standard which could emerge from these discussion. I don't know where did the discussion go. Is someone knowing a place where all this stuff is discussed? Or is it all currently private?

Whis'

Hi Whisper,

Does the cooperation of the three French mods mean that the new Rafale and Super Etendard from the Armee Francaise mod will be released together with the OFrP Mirage 2000? Is that the kind of cooperation you're going for? And will their GCT come out in a combined armor pack with the LeClerc or VAB?

Or, does it mean that you guys just understand that since one mod is making the Rafale already, that the other mods don't need to?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or, does it mean that you guys just understand that since one mod is making the Rafale already, that the other mods don't need to?<span id='postcolor'>

That's the basis, but we would like to go up to your first point.

In fact, to achieve this, we just opened our (OFrP) private forum to members of French Army and Foreign Legion. This way everyone can talk to each other, know other pple timelines, and get accorded for a pack. This is the beginning, so we're not fixed yet, but AFAIK, we should build packs with addons from various Mods inside. * crossing fingers * The hard part it to get everyone's timeline together... wink.gif

Whis'

Looking today at BAS' site, I see that it appears that something tangible may have come out of this discussion.

Looking at the left hand column, BAS is cooperating with UK Forces, Red Star Studios and Operation Code Blue.

Could some of you folks on all of these teams give us an idea how you've been cooperating between the teams? Have there been clear advantages? How are you managing the cooperation or is it easier than originally thought?

I'm sure others here have more questions to ask. I'm just getting the ball rolling. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could some of you folks on all of these teams give us an idea how you've been cooperating between the teams? Have there been clear advantages? How are you managing the cooperation or is it easier than originally thought?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the biggest help so far has been with "tech support" and expertise there has been a good deal of assistance in some of the trickier aspects of addon making, its good to have all that experience to help us out. Also BAS host our Website and provide a discussion forum. There isn't a lot of "crossover" as far as the addons themselves are concerned (in fact only one item so far).

I think tech support is an excellent place to start. I've also been talking to a few island makers out there...trying to get something happening, trying to share my brilliance tounge.gif Hehehe...nah, just been approaching a few people and seeing if they want to use my desert land textures....make a "standard" pack. So far a few good nibbles.....we'll see if there are some good bites when islands are released I guess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 01 2003,16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looking today at BAS' site, I see that it appears that something tangible may have come out of this discussion.

Looking at the left hand column, BAS is cooperating with UK Forces, Red Star Studios and Operation Code Blue.

Could some of you folks on all of these teams give us an idea how you've been cooperating between the teams? Have there been clear advantages? How are you managing the cooperation or is it easier than originally thought?

I'm sure others here have more questions to ask. I'm just getting the ball rolling. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

also a way of co-operation marfy gave me the M113A1 to finish and maybe when the m113A1 is done he will let BAS finish the TOW launcher.. so the co-operation is going very well with some mods.

I need the Editor names for the Motorbike´s(woodland and desert camo) which comes with Deltas/Rangers.

"basklr250wood" "basklr250dese" <- from a mission.sqm, but didn´t seem to be the right names.

I need the names for an Vehicle Respawn Script.

Thx for help.

MfG Lee wink.gif

Hi Lee,

if you have 1.91 (you should have :-)

type this into the init line:

hint typeOf this