Sign in to follow this  

Nk threatens usa

what about china, im sure they dont want the US coming closer to their borders.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Feb. 07 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what about china, im sure they dont want the US coming closer to their borders.<span id='postcolor'>

But China knows that getting into a shooting war with the US is going to *ahem* hurt their trading status with America. Remember, China has substantially more to use from a conflict with the US then they did back in the 1950's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Feb. 6 — North Korea could launch pre-emptive strikes against U.S. forces rather than wait for a U.S. attack after a war with Iraq, a spokesman for the nation told a British daily newspaper Thursday. While the White House responded by saying the United States was ready to deal with “any contingencies,†defense officials told NBC News that the decision has been made to send an aircraft carrier, the USS Carl Vinson, to within a few hundred miles of the Korean coast.<span id='postcolor'> O man. My sister is a Chief Petty Officier on that ship sad.gifhttp://www.msnbc.com/news/850567.asp?cp1=1

Clinton tonite (Thursday Feb06) on CNN with Larry King Live said that Korea is a poor nation of millions that doesn't know how to use its land and makes money from making bombs, very very well. He said that the diplomatic way of getting them to become a part of a unified world and not be a nuclear weapons base, the united states agenda, would be a deal saying if they stopped making bombs that the united states will teach them how to use their land, give them food, and give them a peace deal. How smart of him. Bill Clinton in my lifetime was my favorite president and I've always been confident in his procedures. I think that this plan will work for Bush if he watched the program tonite. Don't worry about North Korea attacking us first though. From the data I've been getting off of news programs and top officials its nothing to be worried about.

Edit: a poor and starving nation, paranoid of its own conditions

If conflict ensues, Yes SK forces and US forces in SK will most likely hold off the NKA. The issue is the NKA Artillery in firing range of Seoul. NK has thousands upon thousands of artillery in range of Seoul.

The Chonger is charging that NK can carryout a pre-emptive strike? I don't call sending ground troops in pre-emptive really. NKAF LOL what AF. Watch out for those MiG-17's!!!

NK's only real pre-emptive threat to the US is Ballistic Missles and Their supposed 1 nuke, although their delivery system is in question.

Question, does the US Army have Patriots in South Korea?

"NK's only real pre-emptive threat to the US is Ballistic Missles and Their supposed 1 nuke, although their delivery system is in question."

Precisely, i havent seen any information that proves the DPRK has a Ballistic Launcher that has the range required to hit the United States. ofcouse it is possible that i dont know about it, but they have to realize if they fire their bird the most likely track will take it over not only chinese but Russian airspace. not sure about the chinese but the Russians might get a bit nervous if nukes are sailing over their country. also whatever world support we have/dont have will all shift if the DPRK launches. the US would get a lot more allies if a nuke goes off but that is the last thing i want to see. another problem i see is just how paranoid/nuts is the DPRK leader, i mean what happens if he blows up his own nuclear plant as an excuse to nuke someone/invade south korea. Sounds to me like the korean people on both sides shouldnt worry about Bush, but worry about the nutbar they got with his finger on a nuclear trigger.

Agreed, if the Americans ask the Russians to blow up any ballistic missiles flying over they're country i'm sure they would be happy to have a go at it.

NK is a bit of a nutball country but then again if all Americans started calling Georgie 'The Great Leader' then you would have pretty much the same thing!  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Feb. 07 2003,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then again if all Americans started calling Georgie 'The Great Leader' then you would have pretty much the same thing!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which would be true for pretty much any country under the sun. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Feb. 07 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"NK's only real pre-emptive threat to the US is Ballistic Missles and Their supposed 1 nuke, although their delivery system is in question."

Precisely, i havent seen any information that proves the DPRK has a Ballistic Launcher that has the range required to hit the United States.  ofcouse it is possible that i dont know about it, but they have to realize if they fire their bird the most likely track will take it over not only chinese but Russian airspace.  not sure about the chinese but the Russians might get a bit nervous if nukes are sailing over their country.  also whatever world support we have/dont have will all shift if the DPRK launches.  the US would get a lot more allies if a nuke goes off but that is the last thing i want to see.  another problem i see is just how paranoid/nuts is the DPRK leader, i mean what happens if he blows up his own nuclear plant as an excuse to nuke someone/invade south korea.  Sounds to me like the korean people on both sides shouldnt worry about Bush, but worry about the nutbar they got with his finger on a nuclear trigger.<span id='postcolor'>

The threat isn't so much to the mainland US but to important allies like Japan, South Korea and others. Also to American troops in East Asia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Feb. 06 2003,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1972 ABM Treaty.  Shrub unilaterally pulled the US out of that.<span id='postcolor'>

umm.. He didn't violate the treaty. He pulled out of it legally by the procedures inherent within that treaty. He'd be violating it if he was giving out ICBM's to every little pissant country.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Feb. 07 2003,22wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The threat isn't so much to the mainland US but to important allies like Japan, South Korea and others. Also to American troops in East Asia.<span id='postcolor'>

Good to see you old chap, hope your being made into the finsest officer the royal arty has to offer <!--emo&smile.gif

To the point, your right. As per usual, NK has threatened to turn South Korea into 'ashes' if America deploys more troops there, and with countries with leaders with leaders like North Korea has, you never know what might happen if they are having a bad day. And if NK did somehow manage (like use lots of nukes) reduce SK and Japan tp slimmer porpotions America losess alot of its Asian assests. Even wihtout NK doing anything there is a tide of anti-USism going through SK and Japan so America might find themselves in a war with NK which could potentially turn very nasty and at the very worst, involve an angry China, or they have to scale down their presense in SK and Japan as the populations of those countries get more hostile towards the US.

Sorry about this ramble, its 1am so its about time I went and replenished, I hope this has made partially sense.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Agreed, if the Americans ask the Russians to blow up any ballistic missiles flying over they're country i'm sure they would be happy to have a go at it.<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the Russians have a small AB system based around Moscow based around the ABM-3 Gazelle. (10kt Nuclear warhead)

Here's an interesting list.

North Korea doesn't have the capability to reach the US mainland, thats not really their goal. They would target as said in previous posts Japan, South Korea, maybe even Guam.

One thing to point out, I think it was rather unwise for South Korea to open up a Inter Country Highway across the DMZ. If NK decided to invade that will make their invasion that much faster.

It's part of their 'sunshine' policy of engagement. The idea is to peacefully enlighten North Korea's people as to what they are missing by increasing cross-DMZ trade, and hopefully being able to cause a peaceful (or violent, if necessary) change of regime.

Didn't china help pakistan and india make their nuclear bombs ?

I believe that's what i heard.

time can heal many wounds. Look at eastern germany or better USSR and China. I am convinced that if we keep the north Corean in a cold war then sooner or later we will succeed. Their government will have to adapt to the rules of globalisation otherwise face great bankruptcy (if it hasnt allready). Their percentage of investment into military will not be financable in the near future and I am sure that their government will break apart one day (even without a revolution by its people). Corean politicians start barking because they are aware of their secure way of going down

they tried this during the first gulf....if they don't stop we'll cut off their food supplies......

Anyone else see the 60 Minutes article on N. Korea? Horrible. Much awful footage of malnutrition, taken by a German medical team that visited.

And of course Kim enjoys his scotch and internet. Food goes to the military and elite.

Fear and mutual spying keep the 22 million people in check. It is estimated that over 1 million people are in slave labor camps, with conditions not different than what went on in German concentration camps.

And the one campaigning to stress this comparison is one of the German doctors that visited.

all of which were taken a few years ago and was made public too.

my Korean colleagues says that such info are already a common knowledge in SK. just that rest of the world did not get it until now.

most recent story is that there are now markets starting to arise, despite officials knowing about it. guess the NK gov't realized that they can't feed everyone so they let peasants handle themselves.

The thing i don't understand about s.korea is some people don't want the american base there.Even though we(with un) help them with their country back in the 50s.I don't understand all the hatred to the US base.I know they had an Pro US rally.But still,what kind of idiot are you ,if you want the US to leave s.korea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 08 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The thing i don't understand about s.korea is some people don't want the american base there.Even though we(with un) help them with their country back in the 50s.I don't understand all the hatred to the US base.I know they had an Pro US rally.But still,what kind of idiot are you ,if you want the US to leave s.korea.<span id='postcolor'>

From what I have observed, the young South Koreans never experienced the NK comms charging over the border and almost taking their entire country so it is meaningless to them.  it is an obscure page in a history book.  I have met Korean elders who were very grateful to the soldiers that they met. The difference is vast.

it is one thing for US troops being there and another thing to cause problem. i heard that US force pays less than 10% of the traffic tickets issued, disregards environmental regulations.

the latest wave of anti-US protest stems from death of two girls that were crushed by an APC.

it is true that there are gap between elder's recognition and younger's. elders saw their life getting destroyed by a maniac and his red army, while youngers saw US troops getting a bit unruly.

and as always most of our intervention can be more of self serving than altruistic. before Korean war, Monroe doctrine claimed that US's interest in Far East stops at Japan, disregarding SK. this gave false impression to NK and they took advantage of it. seeing the strategic importance of stopping commies, through Korean peninsula, we got in to war.

no need to spend tax money on 37,000 troops there if they don't want them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 07 2003,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Feb. 07 2003,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then again if all Americans started calling Georgie 'The Great Leader' then you would have pretty much the same thing!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which would be true for pretty much any country under the sun. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't tajt happening now? I am sure it does! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Feb. 09 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 07 2003,13wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Feb. 07 2003,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but then again if all Americans started calling Georgie 'The Great Leader' then you would have pretty much the same thing!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which would be true for pretty much any country under the sun. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't tajt happening now? I am sure it does!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It must be nice being completely clueless about what is going on outside the confines of your head. Bush has about 70% approval rates, which, although a strong mandate, recognizes that there are people in America that don't agree with him or even like him. And guess what? The best part is that they aren't hauled off to 'political reeducation' centers (read concentration camps).