Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Satchel's ah-64

A few people have mentioned this in recent helicopter related threads, so I thought I'd collect the pics all in one place.

ah64_1.jpg

ah64_2.jpg

ah64_3.jpg

ah64_4.jpg

ah64_5.jpg

ah64_6.jpg

I can't find the thread where he said this, but I believe his last word on the subject was he wasn't going to release it until a proper O2 made Apache pilot was released. Anyone want to take on this project? The Soar/Littlebird pilots from BAS are a step in the right direction.

21094%20Apache%20Pilot%20web%20080702.jpg

pol1008c.jpg

Of course, all of this assumes that Satchel is still around, and still has this work in progress. wink.gif

I like your next "evolution" Major Fubar tounge.gif

Yeah, we should !

I m waiting for this Apache also a long time since he showed the first screenies.

Is he actualy gonna release it when he has a good pilot ? Or are you just assuming cause the last thing he said was he had problems getting the pilot's visor (i think something with night vision not working right ) right.

Cheers

Is this just a skin or a complete new addon? Could try to get somebody to do the cpp scripting (or I learn scripting and do it myself, if that's needed). This thing is beautiful.

edit:

just like the girl in you're sig tounge.gif

Well it´s just that I haven´t heard a word of Satchel in more than a year and he´s german and me2 and so it´s very unlikely that he´s still working on this/interested in flashpoint

I agree...there's no point in making the pilot model now if Satchel doesn't show up with his AH64 smile.gif

Such a shame. It's a great retexture. But it's true - Satchel hasn't posted on the forum since Resistance was released last June. sad.gif

Maybe we could mail him? Maybe he answers then, we could ask just for the textures and work it out from there, does anybody have any contact with him anyway? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Feb. 03 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have an old ICQ but there´s no email and I didn´t saw him online for months...<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto. Oh, and AvonLady - that's the way they are supposed to be. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Feb. 03 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and AvonLady - that's the way they are supposed to be. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No. The textures usually appear somewhat more subtle and subdued in real life.

apache2.jpg

ah-64-dvic293.jpg

ah-64a-990421-F-2095R-004.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lee_H._Oswald<span id='postcolor'>

Now I'm waiting for Jack Ruby to join the forums. tounge.gif

Check my house on the background hehe really smile.gif

gilze89.jpg

anyway some shots of dutch apaches.

ship41.jpg

mesa21.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 03 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lee_H._Oswald<span id='postcolor'>

Now I'm waiting for Jack Ruby to join the forums. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just saw him last night:

oswald.jpg

But back to topic. It would be nice to have Satchels AH64 cause original textures from BIS are not very good.

MfG Lee wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Feb. 03 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well it´s just that I haven´t heard a word of Satchel in more than a year and he´s german and me2 and so it´s very unlikely that he´s still working on this/interested in flashpoint<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. En plus, the site of Satchels' Clan (..or Addon resp. Soundmod-Site) disappeared. Satchels' a ghost, unfortunately.

Maybe he's dead, for real... sad.gif Or maybe he just doesn't care about OFP/community anymore confused.gif

Well Ive been here for about a year now and from what ive seen. Satchel seems to come back when he has big news or when he has an idea that could improve ofp. Right now its hard to say where he is...

Anyways back on topic. I would love to see these things released. I remeber satchel saying that he wouldnt release it because he was having problems with the helmet and the night vision. Pretty much what major said.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 04 2003,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe he's dead, for real...  sad.gif  Or maybe he just doesn't care about OFP/community anymore  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whoa...most harsh dude!  wink.gif

I don't think that's Satchel's mentality, I think he just probably has other things he does now.

But if he reads or hears about this thread, maybe he could consider sending his skins to someone else to complete the project. The models have changed ever so slightly thesedays anyway (I think - rotating gun on AH-64? )

The real apache's rocket pods aim up and down a little. Could this be made possible in OFP? Meybe you'd have to define another turret for it, which is not (yet?) possible sad.gif Anyway, another thing i'd like to see is stiger tubes on wingtips and maybe a longbow radar. And yes, we definately need a new pilot model! wink.gif

I get the feeling that his AH-64 may never be released.

Like someone else said, he may not even play OFP anymore for all we know.

Sure seems a waste though, it was a great looking Apache. confused.gif

He should have just released it instead of being so eccentric about it being 100% perfect and 100% accurate. I appreciate someone doing a good high quality job, but really.

The pilot and any other enhancements could have always been added later!