Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Bmd-3 beta 0.9

a little of topic, but...

can you feel what ahead ..... (and no, i did't do it, this animation was done by "SniPro")

alfa.jpg

crazy.gif

What? Opponents for Suchey's marines!? Maybe I should get around to that VSS/AS Val and maybe an AN94 too...

I hope the face shield is only for a special class though, I don't think many Spetsnaz would want to wear that in the field, more likely for assaulting in a hostage situation?

Will you make a whole range of soldiers? Rifleman, Machinegunner, Sniper, Medic etc. You will be the king of Russian OFP addons if you do.

Keep me in the loop - maybe I can help out wink.gif

nop... i post this screen becouse of animation (new walking animation, and way you can hold the gun.) . I did't know who made solder...

Ahh - I haven't downloaded any of the Russian addons yet - this is probably Mailman's spetsnaz.

The pose looks cool - but it's kinda hard to judge animation from a screenshot, no? tounge.gif

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 07 2003,03wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nop... i post this screen becouse of animation (new walking animation, and way you can hold the gun.) . I did't know who made solder...<span id='postcolor'>

That's mailman's Spetsnaz (Alfa group) suited up for anti-terrorist missions (heavy body armor, assault helmet and face shield).  In combat zones they actually wear all of that except for the face shield which you don't see too often.  

But for heavy assaults, and hostage rescues (or at least attempts) they often are suited up as in the picture... at least that's what I've seen from videos from Chechnya showing them in action... of coarse often it's hard to tell if they are airborne, Spetsnaz, or interior ministry special forces.

I recently saw a PBS "Frontline" special on Chechnya where the Spetsnaz were outfitted the same as in your picture, except without the face shield. They basically looked like the sniper in Mailman's addon (same helmet but with no face shield).

At any rate, I really like the animation. Looks great as long as it blends well with the other animations.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 06 2003,16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think you should make a resistance side one, its a small and (relatively) cheap IFV, and if you do could you see if you could get it to match the colourscheme on the Lavos MT-LB's, then we would have not only the APC's and AA APCs but also an IFV, also if you are looking for ideas as to what to do next, an infantry helo would be good, something like a KA-60 Kasatka would keep in line with the russian weaponry, or a KA-52, or the latest russian tank (T-95 i think although probably not any 3 views for it), im sure the community would be very glad if we had some modern russian addons to go against the plethora of western addons, anyway, fantastic addon, and you have unbelievable texturing skills!!<span id='postcolor'>

Good ideas, but I'd like to see a few more contemporary ones first... like the BMD-1, ASU-85, maybe a 2S1, misc. Soviet trucks, Mi-4, Mi-10, BMP-T (a T-72 hull with a BMP-2 turret), BTR-T/BMP-4 (basically a T-55 with a BMP-2 turret used as a heavy assault APC), BTR-D (turretless BMD-1), T-10M, T-62, 2S9, 2S23, 2S31, or whatever that new 125mm AT gun on the BMP chassis is.

Right now he is working on texturing another addon that seems to be popular among OFP fans smile.gif... don't know if he wants to reveal what it is though.

Muahhahaha!

Not even close. Its completely different style than he has done before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 07 2003,04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right now he is working on texturing another addon that seems to be popular among OFP fans smile.gif... don't know if he wants to reveal what it is though.

Muahhahaha!<span id='postcolor'>

KA-60?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 06 2003,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not even close. Its completely different style than he has done before.<span id='postcolor'>

So what is it then? confused.giftounge.gif

Anyone know if theres a way to make them launche the smoke by using a trigger or anything?