Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Missing addon: stt_klr

For some reason the stt_klr MUST be in the res\addons folder - else (be it in a mod folder or the normal addons folder) it will cause this error message. I have the KLR installed and no error message is caused by it - neither does it cause an error on any of my squadmates installations - to avoid this error the installation routine of our addons pack automatically moves this addon and the skidoo (which has the same problem) to the res\addons folder, while all other addons are placed in a seperate mod directory.

The Kawasaki requires OFP: Resistance since it inherits from the Jawa class, which is only found in the O.pbo.

That's why I recommended it be placed in the res/addons folder. The addon was made pre-"requiredaddons" so this will be added in future updates.

SelectThis

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 30 2003,03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For some reason the stt_klr MUST be in the res\addons folder<span id='postcolor'>

It works for me from both the old OFP\Addons folder and from a Mods\Addons folder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 29 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL! That'll teach ya, Eviscerator! Don't say you weren't warned! tounge.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've had all my addons in res/addons for at least 3-4 months now and ive never had a problem, and i dont believe thats whats causing it now, if it is to do with the way the addons folder is loaded O.pbo will be loaded before STT_KLR.pbo, so that shouldnt cause the problem suma was talking about, putting the addons in ofp/addons would cause even more problems if i ever feel the need to play 1.00, the problems probably start when you start using both as there might be some kind of conflict

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 30 2003,09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if i ever feel the need to play 1.00<span id='postcolor'>

laugh.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ Jan. 30 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Kawasaki requires OFP: Resistance since it inherits from the Jawa class, which is only found in the O.pbo.

That's why I recommended it be placed in the res/addons folder. The addon was made pre-"requiredaddons" so this will be added in future updates.

SelectThis<span id='postcolor'>

That's where it was though - in Res/Addons crazy.gif

OK, I was able to produce the missing STT KLR error message. I played a mission on Nogova. It may have had the BIS morotcycle used in it. I'm not sure though.

When the mission completed and OFP's main menu was displayed with the Nogova anim running in the background, that's when I got the message.

I have the STT KLR addon file in \AddOns - not in \Res\AddOns.

Can you fix this, SelectThis? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 30 2003,03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For some reason the stt_klr MUST be in the res\addons folder<span id='postcolor'>

It works for me from both the old OFP\Addons folder and from a Mods\Addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

When you log in to a MP server you will get the errormessage "Missing addon: STT KLR" if it's not in the res\addons folder. In SP you won't get an error either way.

Evis: will that be a seperate download? Or would it be nescessary to download the whole Rangers pack (no option for us as it would make our addons pack way bigger that it already is)?

Thats very strange as i have both version of the bike and the BAS deltas and rangers and never have gotten any error message. i even have a mission on Nogova that has both the BIS bike and the KLR and still no errors.

Edit - Damn i was linked to this thread and didnt notice how old it is. Sorry Mods sad_o.gif