Sign in to follow this  
Blake

State of the union speech

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But until there are enough active voters that are pissed off, it won't change.

<span id='postcolor'>

nahh don´t mind. 4 years before the last presidantial election Bush started to sort out unwanted voters in Florida. He will simply not allow the ones to vote that tend to elect another candidate.

"You parked your car in the wrong place ?"

"Err, yes..."

"Sorry, you are a criminal and not allowed to vote. Go home and don´t mess with me."

I missed the big loud scream from the US public when this got to the news. Blacks in Florida were not allowed to vote much, were they ?

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Jan. 30 2003,09wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But until there are enough active voters that are pissed off, it won't change.

<span id='postcolor'>

nahh don´t mind. 4 years before the last presidantial election Bush started to sort out unwanted voters in Florida. He will simply not allow the ones to vote that tend to elect another candidate.

"You parked your car in the wrong place ?"

"Err, yes..."

"Sorry, you are a criminal and not allowed to vote. Go home and don´t mess with me."

I missed the big loud scream from the US public when this got to the news. Blacks in Florida were not allowed to vote much, were they ?<span id='postcolor'>

From what I recall, these reports were found not credible.  But I am sure that was a conspiracy too, right?  Even if they were not allowed to vote it would not matter as the President is not elected by the popular vote. I have no desire to rehash the Florida election issue here.

My mom files as a business so if he does what he says he will about the taxes she'll see more money and spend more money....perhaps on me and that I like. I'll do whatever possible ot get this economy moving, show me the sales. One thing i would have liked to hear was the evidence saying why our brothers should be fighting in some foreign country. Perhaps if this tyrant does control all the worlds oil then what? Will he say no oil to you if I don't like you, or will he be fair? I heard that not even all the worlds oil comes from the middle east but a small fraction does. I think that this war is crap, and that if Saddam is really trying to command all the worlds oil we should wait until he tries to, then go after him. Maybe Washiington is afraid he'll weasel the oil through political means and lies, assassination and stuff like that. I doubt he is brilliant enough to take it that way if thats even his master plan. I think he's already been punished for his wrongdoing. He shouldn't be punished twice just for living. What's the big surprise for us for helping out the third world? I guess it ties along with this agenda of helping the third world so that they'll help us but those people see Saddam as a God. He puts up statues of himself everywhere n stuff. He could pass for the anti christ.

Oh boy, another chance for everyone on this forum to spew out their hatred for George W. Bush.

Simply pathetic.

Your blindness to just what a great world leader we have with President George W. Bush is as great as your bias and hatred towards the United States of America.

Simply pathetic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Jan. 31 2003,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your blindness to just what a great world leader we have with President George W. Bush is as great as your bias and hatred towards the United States of America.<span id='postcolor'>

bush.jpg

Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation,

Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all.

Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation

In proud fulfillment of a great, noble call.

Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander,

This you will do, That's our strong, firm belief.

Hail to the one we selected as commander,

Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

*sniff*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh boy, another chance for everyone on this forum to spew out their hatred for George W. Bush.

Simply pathetic.

Your blindness to just what a great world leader we have with President George W. Bush is as great as your bias and hatred towards the United States of America.

Simply pathetic. <span id='postcolor'>

I don't hate the US. I'm sick of people tarring people with the anti-us brush for voicing opinions about their leader.

Blindness? Ha, you jest! The man isn't a world leader. As I said, he's prob'ly a really nice guy, but he's not in the right job. The best and brightest should run the country, not people that the public 'like the look of'.

Politics aside, name the reasons why Bush is a good person to lead the US. As a person, not as a politician, remembering the problems and challenges a job like that entails.

As for 'pathetic', I think blanket statements like your own qualify for that title.

We've paid in hell since Moscow burned

As Cossacks tear us piece by piece

Our dead are strewn a hundred leagues

Though death would be a sweet release

And our grande arm¨¦e is dressed in rags

A frozen starving beggar band

Like rats we steal each other's scraps

Fall to fighting hand to hand

Save my soul from evil, Lord

And heal this soldier's heart

I'll trust in thee to keep me, Lord

I'm done with Bonaparte

What dreams he made for us to dream

Spanish skies, Egyptian sands

The world was ours, we marched upon

Our little Corporal's command

And I lost an eye at Austerlitz

The sabre slash yet gives me pain

My one true love awaits me still

The flower of the aquitaine

I'm done with Bonaparte

I pray for her who prays for me

A safe return to my belle France

We prayed these wars would end all wars

In war we know is no romance

And I pray our child will never see

A little Corporal all again

Point toward a foreign shore

Captivate the hearts of men

I'm done with Bonaparte

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Jan. 31 2003,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your blindness to just what a great world leader we have with President George W. Bush is as great as your bias and hatred towards the United States of America.<span id='postcolor'>

Did i miss something ?  confused.gif

So Bush is promoted to world leader now ?  US not big enough for him ?

So you mean if we comment on Saddam, we are commenting on all Iraqi people then ?

We just dont like Bush, doesnt mean we dont like America or American people now does it.

Hell, i just ordered a Chevy Tahoe, just to prove i like the US. tounge.gif

But liking a country doesnt mean you have to agree on the political policies they stand for.

"Oh boy, another chance for everyone on this forum to spew out their hatred for George W. Bush.

Simply pathetic.

Your blindness to just what a great world leader we have with President George W. Bush is as great as your bias and hatred towards the United States of America."

If he is so great, why did he not win with a majority of the votes in the election? If he is so great, why isnt he backed by a majority of his citizens? If he is so great, why does nearlu everybody in the rest of the free world dislike him?

I actually met three Americans at a corporate meeting this week. None of them were to fond of their president. One of them had voted for him...

I can't understand how you can support a person like Bush. But then again, I just read "Stupid White men" by Michael Moore....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Jan. 31 2003,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We prayed these wars would end all wars

In war we know is no romance

And I pray our child will never see

A little Corporal all again

Point toward a foreign shore

Captivate the hearts of men<span id='postcolor'>

heh , the world did see another little corporal , and this corporal started a war ... but he was german ......

Actually Ran, he was Austrian.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did i miss something ?

So Bush is promoted to world leader now ? US not big enough for him ?<span id='postcolor'>

I missed that as well! Does he know something we don't?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Jan. 31 2003,13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually Ran, he was Austrian.<span id='postcolor'>

he was autrian yes , but still ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 31 2003,13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh , the world did see another little corporal , and this corporal started a war ... but he was german ......<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I think that is the whole point of the song (it is Done With Bonaparte by Mark Knopfler).

But it is not important whether it is a corporal or a general or an oil-executive who captivates the hearts of men and then points towards the foreign shore...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Jan. 31 2003,13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually Ran, he was Austrian.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did i miss something ?  

So Bush is promoted to world leader now ?  US not big enough for him ?<span id='postcolor'>

I missed that as well! Does he know something we don't?<span id='postcolor'>

He said Bush is A world leader, as in one of many. Last time I checked, being president of a world power did make a person a world leader (like Chirac, Blair, and Putin, etc.)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Jan. 31 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Blindness? Ha, you jest! The man isn't a world leader. As I said, he's prob'ly a really nice guy, but he's not in the right job. The best and brightest should run the country, not people that the public 'like the look of'.

Politics aside, name the reasons why Bush is a good person to lead the US. As a person, not as a politician, remembering the problems and challenges a job like that entails.<span id='postcolor'>

Question: Is it more important to look right or be right?

Would you rather have a president who was always concerned with how he looked in the public's eye, or trying to be Mr. Perfect grammar and know-it-all, or would you rather have someone who gets down to business? does it matter that he doesn't know everything about world geography? theres a damn lot of countries out there, and even more cities and regions. i think its more important to know what's going on there than to worry about the spelling or pronunciation of a specific area.

Bush is a very natural president. he doesnt try to assume a role of superiority or act as if he knows it all. he has a down-to-earth personality. he thrives on pressure and public speaking. he is best when he is amongst the people and able to talk to them on equal ground. rather than having an air of superiority about him, he talks to people like they're REGULAR PEOPLE, not inferior "subjects"

finally, i must point out that nobody is perfect. would you like us to start pointing out all of YOUR flaws??? i dont think so. let Bush do his job. obviously he's qualified for it. he's not just some guy who was thrown into the position of President. he was elected by the American people so he clearly has something in his favor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NavyEEL @ Feb. 01 2003,06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would you rather have a president who was always concerned with how he looked in the public's eye, or trying to be Mr. Perfect grammar and know-it-all, or would you rather have someone who gets down to business?  <span id='postcolor'>

It depends on what you mean by "gets down to business". If you mean trashing the US economy, pissing off your allies and frineds not capturing Osama etc... then I would prefer somebody who thinks before he "gets down to business".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> does it matter that he doesn't know everything about world geography? theres a damn lot of countries out there, and even more cities and regions. <span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does. If you want to have any friends in the world then the first step to achieve that is to understand that your way is not the only one. Through his ignorance and arrogance he has pissed off a lot of people in the world. A lot of the so called 'anti-Americanism' in the world is because of Bush.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bush is a very natural president. he doesnt try to assume a role of superiority or act as if he knows it all. he has a down-to-earth personality. he thrives on pressure and public speaking. he is best when he is amongst the people and able to talk to them on equal ground.<span id='postcolor'>

I am sure that this works quite fine when he is in charge of fellow ranch owners in Texas. His 'cowboy' style isn't however suitable for a world leader.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he's not just some guy who was thrown into the position of President. he was elected by the American people so he clearly has something in his favor.<span id='postcolor'>

aha... the force runs strong in the Bush family, right?

"he's not just some guy who was thrown into the position of President. he was elected by the American people so he clearly has something in his favor."

Just to bad then that the other guy actually got more votes...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 01 2003,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When/If the Bush release all the info they know about iraq and his chemical weapons.Do you guy's think we should go to war ? If they show the evidence of iraq still having chemical weapons ,will you say it's time for war or Will you say it's made up evidence ? You can't say that UN inspector will work,because only reason their in iraq is because the US wants war with iraq,and iraq knew they had to play the game.

Here my question ,If they show iraq does have chemical weapons,do you think we should go to war with them ? Don't say, USA has them, why can't iraq.Because i hate when someone says that.<span id='postcolor'>

I replied here in the Iraq thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to bad then that the other guy actually got more votes... <span id='postcolor'>

Well, that would matter if the popular vote elected the president.  It hasn't for years so it sounds like you need to read up on the electoral college. wink.gif  In addition, I believe there was another election where the president elected did not receive the popular vote so it is not like this hasn't happened before. No surprises here.

I have no problem if the country wants to change the election toa popular vote but you don't change it right after a election because you don't like the results.  You follow the rules.  Change the Constitution, talk to you congressman!  I believe it takes a 3/4  majority vote to change it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It depends on what you mean by "gets down to business". If you mean trashing the US economy,<span id='postcolor'>

The US economy's growth was showing slowing at the end of the Clinton Admin. Not to mention Sept 11th and corp. scandels had enormous damaging effects, no President could have prevented this.

"Well, that would matter if the popular vote elected the president. It hasn't for years so it sounds like you need to read up on the electoral college. In addition, I believe there was another election where the president elected did not receive the popular vote so it is not like this hasn't happened before. No surprises here."

Well, to be honest, I am not 100% sure how it works in the US. In Sweden, the guy who gets the most votes (majority) wins. Thats what I thought was the basis of modern democracy, you know, that the guy / party with the biggest support gets to run the nation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5thSFG.CNUTZ @ Feb. 01 2003,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It depends on what you mean by "gets down to business". If you mean trashing the US economy,<span id='postcolor'>

The US economy's growth was showing slowing at the end of the Clinton Admin.  Not to mention Sept 11th and corp. scandels had enormous damaging effects, no President could have prevented this.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, considering that he was involved in those scandals, I think that some of the blame assigned to him.

I understand that there were macro-economic forces at play too. Squandering away $500 billion can't all be blamed on the world economy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Feb. 01 2003,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Well, that would matter if the popular vote elected the president.  It hasn't for years so it sounds like you need to read up on the electoral college.   In addition, I believe there was another election where the president elected did not receive the popular vote so it is not like this hasn't happened before.  No surprises here."

Well, to be honest, I am not 100% sure how it works in the US. In Sweden, the guy who gets the most votes (majority) wins. Thats what I thought was the basis of modern democracy, you know, that the guy / party with the biggest support gets to run the nation.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the guy who gets the majority of the electors votes wins.  HERE is a link so you can study up.