Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

New btr-70

crazy.gif

Damn its ugly...

And, all those useless animations, remove them...

Was that camo pattern used in '85?

Previous version was way better in my opinion

Well i just got this one and its pretty damn good only thing i dont like is the textures the rest seems perfect.The turning circle apears to be spot on for a vehicle that has four steerable wheels the other addons with this configuration seem too have trouble turning correctly.

Can someone give me a link too the old version id like too see it for myself thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Jan. 27 2003,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif

Damn its ugly...

Previous version was way better in my opinion<span id='postcolor'>

Were Comanches around in 1985? How about Apaches, G36s, OICWs? Why, oh why do hear more and more people stating "They weren't around in 1985"? I'm getting sick of it! Why should all addons in OFP be fixed to the -85 era? The game is called Operation Flashpoint, and the 1985 is simply the name of the CAMPAIGN!! Not the entire game! If we were only to make addons of things that existed in 1985 we wouldn't have the Invasion 1944 mod!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Jan. 27 2003,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Jan. 27 2003,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif

Damn its ugly...

Were Comanches around in 1985? How about Apaches, G36s, OICWs? Why, oh why do hear more and more people stating "They weren't around in 1985"? I'm getting sick of it! Why should all addons in OFP be fixed to the -85 era? The game is called Operation Flashpoint, and the 1985 is simply the name of the CAMPAIGN!! Not the entire game! If we were only to make addons of things that existed in 1985 we wouldn't have the Invasion 1944 mod!<span id='postcolor'>

And the resistance campaign is based on 1982

I would agree that there are too many animations, it clogs up the action menu when you're standing near it. One or 2 doors would be plenty. Also it'd be really nice if the animations were in english. I also agree that the textures on the previous one was far better.

Hi

nice work

Just to many animations and I have a problem with that searchlight in front of the turretsight.

it`s gets in the way when u aim somewhat to the right crazy.gif it really anoys me biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Jan. 26 2003,23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Jan. 27 2003,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif

Damn its ugly...

Were Apaches, (?)<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, Yes, they were.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Jan. 27 2003,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Jan. 27 2003,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif

Damn its ugly...

Were Comanches around in 1985? How about Apaches, G36s, OICWs? Why, oh why do hear more and more people stating "They weren't around in 1985"? I'm getting sick of it! Why should all addons in OFP be fixed to the -85 era? The game is called Operation Flashpoint, and the 1985 is simply the name of the CAMPAIGN!! Not the entire game! If we were only to make addons of things that existed in 1985 we wouldn't have the Invasion 1944 mod!<span id='postcolor'>

Wonder, read the post carefully...

Was I saying anything negative in that sentence? It was just a question.

I was asking if the camo pattern was used in '85 because I used the old BTR in a mission, that goes on in '85... Thats why I asked

Has anyone been getting this when they are moderately far away?

btr7.jpg

Missing LOD alert!

I can't get used to the colour scheme on this new version, whether it's realistic or not. I think I'll stick to the last one, or wait for Vikingo to complete his 'fix' of it. smile.gif

Anyone know if the BTR-80 is out yet? It's been shown on OFP.ru several times but since I can't read Russian I can't really tell. crazy.gif

I think it looks great...cammo isnt always pretty like a runway model.

But, I think having the old version,winter,newer urban and also a desert cammo version might be a good idea.

Also...since I installed the new version, my winter btr-70 is messed.

crazy.gif

ohh! nooo, why??!! I must say that I don't like the new colour scheme. Please bring the "green" one back. You can see hundreds of pics of the green version BTR70 but almost any one with this new used one... Or maybe make two versions, one green (a 100% classic and a must! ) and this new one (for modern missions)... But I think (like many others) that the green have to be inside game. Just check this pic from the BTR80 (also by Sea Demon) Which one look better?... green scheme!! No doubt. Please don't paint that sweet BTR80 with the new scheme.

btr80.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I'll stick to the last one, or wait for Vikingo to complete his 'fix' of it. <span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif Believe me that I was trying HOURS to can fix the bugs of previous version (1.03) and bring the changes we all want but was impossible sad.gif

I try all the things I know -not many with O2- but nothing. I want so much finally have a nice BTR70/80 for the game but this time I was surpased...

Can't get edited well some internal  parts of the model and always that I move the periscopes to can have optics for drivers all go to hell each time.  And also some parts of the outside still are with transparent textures and also I can't fix those... So I think I will have to return to the beta modified version and try to make other changes there but that is not the thing I really want.

Maybe if N.O.R.S.U. (still out there m8?) make some new textures for this new version -he is really good for that- things will change and so I can start to edit this 1.04 one... But again this one have heavy LOD bugs (new) and structure ones (new)...

Yes, Munger I have here BTR-80 from Sea Dea Demon  (I was able to download it using translation) but is not the same one of the nice pic I posted, it have several bugs and you will want to wait to next version...

You can see a "translation" of flashpoint.ru right here

Hope the GREEN BTR70 will came back with less LOD bugs and the new BTR80 will be nice like the one in the picture. Please any new paint surprises on that one hehe Thanks!!

textures ugh textures sad.gif

I like the animations but the textures oh the textures:

Please improve the textures!

Guest ####

I love it, but I would also like to see a version with the older plain olive scheme as well. I used the beta version in the missions design for Operation Valkyrie and they rock. I love the guys who ride on top.

OK now, this is just getting silly. Version 7, or 8?

I won't be downloading this any more until the term "final release" appears somewhere on the download. confused.gif

I kinda agree that the camo looks abit funky. If anybody wants i could fine tune my adaption of the old textures for the new model (already did for my own pleasure, even attempted at making the camo as featured on for example Sigmas T-90, but it wasnt really succesfull).

Good going, but:

- Infantry still rides preferrably on top of the BTR. In real life realistic BUT in OFP they can't fire back from roof making them sitting ducks and having truck is even better! So please - first men (6?) in the compartment, rest on the roof.

- Get rid of those dozen fancy opening hatches. 1-2 is okay but more is simply ridiculous!

- Camo doesn't look good - retain the camoless version which is much more common.