Sign in to follow this  
LandShark-AL

Bell47 released!

You can get it at Operation Flashpoint CZ. smile.gif

This Chopper flys good I got it over 120 mph at 2 or 3 feet

off the ground a very nice addon! biggrin.gif

Awsome!!! Beautiful model, perfect sounds, very fun to fly.

A very professional mod. Great job martin!

it would be good if he could make the nam era OH-13 version, with dual .30 cals

xm1m37c.gif

or dual M60C's:

m2m60c.gif

Very Good work. But could you make a update where you got them in your own group and loose the tag infront of the name?? And also put future project in that same group.

Sweet, cool and wonderful smile.gif

Love it!!! Have been wanting this from the beginning.

Now if only someone would model Klinger and his nose.......

smile.giftounge.gif

Is there any way to make them on the Resistance? (short of bunging in new pilots?) I don't have much for Resistance aircraft at the mo and they seem to fit the profile of gear that scabby peasants could be armed with.

Really nice addon! smile.gif . The only problem I see w/ it is that the wounded personnel on the sides can't be hit w/ bullets.

edc i love ur quote in your sig. .but i jsut wanted to correct it. .cuz its drivin me nuts if i dont at least correct it or add in whats missing tounge.gif

"now i want you to remember that no basterd ever won a war by dieing for his country. . he wont it by making the other poor dumb basterd die for his country"  wink.gif

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his

General Patton

If you look at it... that would be calling yourself a bastard

crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Jan. 24 2003,01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any way to make them on the Resistance? (short of bunging in new pilots?) I don't have much for Resistance aircraft at the mo and they seem to fit the profile of gear that scabby peasants could be armed with.<span id='postcolor'>

Great point, when I saw it, I had the same idea. I will try to rework some textures (badly painted camo and some dirt) and send it to Martin after weekend.

This helo is outstanding addon! It is not often when I start liking addon on the first try in editor. Excellent and realistic!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edge @ Jan. 24 2003,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Jan. 24 2003,01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any way to make them on the Resistance? (short of bunging in new pilots?) I don't have much for Resistance aircraft at the mo and they seem to fit the profile of gear that scabby peasants could be armed with.<span id='postcolor'>

Great point, when I saw it, I had the same idea. I will try to rework some textures (badly painted camo and some dirt) and send it to Martin after weekend.

This helo is outstanding addon! It is not often when I start liking addon on the first try in editor. Excellent and realistic!!!<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... I also immediately liked it. It looks great, works great (aside from the small problem about the guys on the stretchers not taking hits), sounds great, and even nicer, it flys very very smoothly and is quite manueverable. It really gives the feeling of flying a small helicopter which I enjoy after spending so much time flying that big MH-47E Chinook. smile.gif On a small point, it does take an unrealistic amount of dammage perhaps, but I think that is fine because it makes it balanced in the game so that you don't die after 15 seconds flying in a combat zone. Plus the armed version is only lightly armed so it has no great advantage and can only provide minimal air support. I actually successfull provided air support with it on a NAM2 mission where normally my SEAL team would get wiped out by the VC. The VC machine gunners were firing at my helicopter which kept them and the other VC distracted while my SEALs came in and cleaned out two platoons of VC while I perhaps got 3 or 4 with the helicopter's machine gun.

The helicopter also serves as a very nice scout helicopter because it can easily fly at low altitudes like in between trees and buildings a little more safely then in the Hueys or the Cobra gunships. That way it can evade AA guns and missiles more easily.

So overall I think it's great for Vietnam missions.

Now only if we had a Korean War mod going. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great work, love to see one in resistance FIA markings.

Just one question: did anyone think the gun looked to small, almost out of scale? Maybe it's just me...I'm not that familiar with this chopper.

As for ideas for weapons, how about having a gunner with droppable grenades? Droppable smoke could be handy for medics and regular grenades would be good to make the machine more lethal against infantry.

At the moment I think it rox, but weapons wise I feel it does struggle to do anything much in the hands of the AI.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Jan. 24 2003,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for ideas for weapons, how about having a gunner with droppable grenades? Droppable smoke could be handy for medics and regular grenades would be good to make the machine more lethal against infantry.

At the moment I think it rox, but weapons wise I feel it does struggle to do anything much in the hands of the AI.<span id='postcolor'>

don't forget: this this chopper was made for observation and medevac and not for ground attack.

wink.gif

actually...they did make a gunship version in '62, the Bell 207 Sioux Scout:

bell207.jpg

bell207x.jpg

[it may not look too much like it but it is a Bell 47, it just has a changed front end/skids and the framwork is covered]

a lot of its development went on to be used in the Bell 209 Cobra, only one Sioux Scout was made, they also used the Sioux for testing whether aircraft mounted rocket artillery/guns were effective some time after the korean war i believe, so thanks to this chopper we now have lots of pretty gunships

anyway, in answer to what you said, having grenades and smoke grenades on observation helicopters was a pretty common occurance, in the vietnam war it would have done pretty much the same job as the OH-6A, and was replaced by it in early '68, i wouldnt mind seeing another version pretty much mirroring what the OH-6A has as well as smoke grenades/standard grenades, possibly giving the gunner something like an M16/.38/M79/M14 if martin wants something different than the M60...

so the Sioux has never seen real combat?

i must admit, the idea with the grenades is quite good. but plaease don't arm it with rocket pods or something like that. this would be too much i think. tounge.gif