Sign in to follow this  
leec

Request

I am looking for someone who can do redo some texture jobs for me. I already have permission from the author of the addon to do the changes. This will include renaming the file so it is shown as different in the addons, as well as in game.

Since I am paying for it I want it to be quality work. I don't want crappy jobs. you will get money upon completion before final product is received. You will agree that I hold all rights too the addon. For more info post contact info and Exp. here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 22 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This some sorta scam?<span id='postcolor'>

No it aint scam, unless you scam me which if that happens you will get sued

Yes but what do you want done? confused.gif I would help (maybe) but I get a feeling your going to ask for the impossible. confused.gif

No its not the impossible. Its just modifying and placing the new textures and renaming the model so it dont conflict with the others.

One more thing you must be 18 or of legal age to enter into a contract. Yes there is a contracat. This way I can protect my ass.

If you want more info PM me with email.

Your an american right tounge.gif

You must admit, it sounds a little out there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 22 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 22 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This some sorta scam?<span id='postcolor'>

No it aint scam, unless you scam me which if that happens you will get sued<span id='postcolor'>

What the?? Who the feck is this guy?

Anyone who signs up for this needs to be careful, I smell some sorta conjob. Otherwise why so secretive and defensive?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 22 2003,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 22 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This some sorta scam?<span id='postcolor'>

No it aint scam, unless you scam me which if that happens you will get sued<span id='postcolor'>

LOL crappiest court case ever!

"yes your Honour I paid this guy $200 to rename some

files. He scammed me somehow, i'm not quite sure how

exactly, but anyways I want my money back."

Wouldn't even be worth the price of a lawyer. (unless

this guy is a lawyer, which wouldn't be too suprising)

LOL smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 23 2003,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 22 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 22 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This some sorta scam?<span id='postcolor'>

What the?? Who the feck is this guy?

Anyone who signs up for this needs to be careful, I smell some sorta conjob. Otherwise why so secretive and defensive?<span id='postcolor'>

well first off I dont want someone else making it and saying hey this is mine. and 2nd I will retain all rights as stated thats why its so "Secretive".

Hmm, rights to a free addon, which is a modification of someone elses work in the first case. OK. Whatever. So who's your lawyer, Lionel Hutz? tounge.gif

Just so along as yu aren't planning to sell it, then BIS will have to sue you. confused.gif

Back off guys, if he wants to pay $200 to someone who does a retexture job for him he can do it.

Don't be all wierd just because you can't get that $200 smile.gif

Don't you think its kinda odd that he's willing to pay $200 for someone to retexture an addon that somebody else made and he's not telling you anything about what it is, who originally made it, etc?

Lionel Hutz business card:

-----

Works on a retainer. No cash down.

Oh sorry, thats all wrong -

Works on a retainer? No! Cash down.

And that Bar Association logo shouldn't be on there either.

tounge.gif

Well I may have someone to do it already so when he gets his cash ill ask him to post here. Then the next time I need something done I will remember how you insulted me.

And for the record the origional addon will have the makers name in it. So will the guy that is doing the retexture. I just retain the rights of the modified addon. This way the texture cant be given out by way of sale or free, unless I give permission.

Its for a campaign. There you happy? Thats all your your getting.

Welcome to the forums.

Nice to see you jump in by throwing your alleged legal weight around and then whine that you were insulted.

Did it occur to you that people reacted the way the did because "normal" mod makers don't carry on like a bunch of corporate lawyer wannabes. If they want help, they ask the community for it, free of charge. If you are that paranoid about people using your precious textures, then modding mightn't be for you.

A quick search of these forums will show that the community at large is quite good about creator's rights, and that we do not tolerate rip offs of other peoples work. You don't really need to threaten legal action to protect your work.

But the real kicker is that you are so wound up about textures that someone else will be making on a model someone else has already made. just what are you doing exactly? confused.gif

Better yet, don't reply to me, I don't want to be involved in this farce.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 23 2003,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Welcome to the forums.

Nice to see you jump in by throwing your alleged legal weight around and then whine that you were insulted.

A quick search of these forums will show that the community at large is quite good about creator's rights, and that we do not tolerate rip offs of other peoples work. You don't really need to threaten legal action to protect your work.

But the real kicker is that you are so wound up about textures that someone else will be making on a model someone else has already made. just what are you doing exactly?  confused.gif

Better yet, don't reply to me, I don't want to be involved in this farce.<span id='postcolor'>

Evidently you can't read as I stated I had permission from the addon maker. So it aint a ripoff

Hmmm I asked at every forum and no one said anything.

legal weight. LMFAO

Before you reply make sure you READ the entire post.

lol

EDIT: Ok, I've stopped laughing now...

So...you're willing to pay US$200 for a re-texturing job eh?

Why would you pay that if you didn't expect some personal gain from it?

What possible motive do you have for paying money for a retexturing job when there are many who would do it for free?

What diabolical and foul purpose is this retexture to be used for? ( smile.gif )

Why the secrecy?

Why, I ask you? Why?

(You aren't giving us enough information not to be suspect)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Liquid_Silence @ Jan. 23 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol

What possible motive do you have for paying money for a retexturing job when there are many who would do it for free?

What diabolical and foul purpose is this retexture to be used for? ( smile.gif )

Why the secrecy?

Why, I ask you? Why?

(You aren't giving us enough information not to be suspect)<span id='postcolor'>

for 200$ a modmaker could just make a whole new model lol

why you people insulting him, he just wants to pay, dont get jealous you all tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Liquid_Silence @ Jan. 23 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol

Why the secrecy?

Why, I ask you? Why?

(You aren't giving us enough information not to be suspect)<span id='postcolor'>

Well you show me someone who will do it for free and I will ask them.

I ll pay BAS 500€ when they finish that CH-53 ( not beta tounge.gif ) in one hour !

Edit !

Make that the MH53J Pavelow III omg i fell in love wow.gif

LOL, vixer looks at ingame pics of the new ch53 and thinks wow looks nice and launches ofp tounge.gif

well if someone requests something interesting i wouldnt mind making it  confused.gif