Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Modern usmc marpat

A little background on the shots:

The screens were taken by one of the Beta testers Sh@dow Killer durring testing...thanks for posting the pics Sh@dow!

All screens are of the 'Rifleman' unit...all of the Marines have a slightly different appearance which will be shown once we have moved the beta past the initial stages.

Shots were taken in 3rd person view. Hopefully one of the testers will be able to get some good front shots which show off Earls weapons a little better. The M203 flip up site on the M16a4 is exceptional! I abvsolutely LOVE using the M203 now! My favorite weapon thus far is the M16a4 w/M203 and Reflex scope.

The scope on the top is the view from the ACOG scope on the M16a4...Reflex aimpoint view pics are available in the forums at digitalgrenade.com

bleeding pic...the picture of the wounded Marine shows the damage bleeding scripts written by Tactician. That particular Marine was laying on the ground for quite some time in that one area...you will usually not see that much blood around the unit in a single area, but rather, it will be strewn across the ground following the path of the unit. Blood will also dissapear when the unit dies in order to preserver multiplayer performance and minimize framerate hits. Bleed for too long and 'lights out'.

The white area on the back of the helmet are 'catseyes'...its basically reflective tape worn on the helmet band in order to allow for better team visibility in low light situations. The catseyes on these USMC units will actually work at nightin OFP...its a kewl effect! Ill see if I cant get some screens of it.

The cammo works VERY well...and until now I really didnt see the huge advantage that MARPAT has over woodland cammo...for an illustration of this effect, there is a screen of the acog scope trained on a soldier standing by a tractor on our forums in which the Marine is standing in front of some brush...check that out and see how hard he is to see. Durring beta testing we have found that movement is a certain key for seeing the unit when hes in cover...and that fighting with these guys requires a more vigilant eye. The MARPAT pattern really is a step forward in real life cammo technology!

CANT FREAKIN WAIT FOR THE RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

how bout some assaulter previews

The M1014 shotguns are still in the shop...so the assault units havent been released to the beta folks yet....but expect some new stuff to be shown in the not too distant future. Im sure more shots from beta will probably turn up between now and then as well.

Great work!!!! The blood foot print will be very useful to trace enemy! biggrin.gif

Pardon my ignornace by that M16 looks a little bit longer than the real thing.

Am I mistaken? I'm just assessing it based on what I see here all the time. I'm talking about the older non-shortened M16s.

I think Sh@dow's game resolution and screen capture software is combining to make squashed pictures. It's modeled exactly to a pretty square photo of an A3 or A4 rifle.

Here's a shot I took during beta testing tonight. I'm not happy with the leaf sight, I'll fix the model and textures a bit so it fits the rest of the model, and I'm going to make a more round barrel.

m16m203.jpg

Avon...that screenshot seems to be a little off kilter in regard to its sizing...it appears that the 'height' of the shot is too small as compared to what it should be...in other words, the Marine appears a bit "squashed". Thats probably why the M16 might look a bit long.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ 22 May 2003,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon...that screenshot seems to be a little off kilter in regard to its sizing...it appears that the 'height' of the shot is too small as compared to what it should be...in other words, the Marine appears a bit "squashed".<span id='postcolor'>

/thinks to herself modern usmc munchkin

OOOPS,pardon muuah....Some of us have bigger guns than others(hehehe)I'm running 1600x1024 in game...sry when I resized them to make them small enough to fit in the forums(without them getting yanked) I screwed up...will try to fix them ltr....and besides i'm not very good with photosuite ;)

Suchey, cant you pleease just give one "current conflict USMC" soldier the ability to heal!! It wouldnt be neccesery to change any textures or anything. I relly like using the unit, I can just give them all different weapons in the editor, but a medic is really needed... Is it really so much work to make a medic? sad_o.gif

Jonstyle

I do plan on cleaning up the textures on the 'Current Conflict' unit and adding a medic. Hes not a dead project.

I do plan on cleaning up the textures on the 'Current Conflict'  unit and adding a medic.  Hes not a dead project.

That's great news!! I assume it will be done after the MARPAT Marines? Like... weeks from now sad_o.gif ?

cool!!!

suchey wat do u mean wen u besay closed ta stage???

i know this is off topic but

if a unit has the ability to heal itself and if i were that unit how do i heal myself

e.g. bas delta addon

i see them healing themselves and i dont how to do it myself

i even have to go to a delta unit to heal

ai units dont???

What about adding an M16A2 w/ M203 and an M249 gunners. IMHO that and a medic unit would make "Current Conflicy USMC" a truly comlete addon.

In regard to the 'Current Conflict' unit...he was designed to be a beta of base items in regard to the MARPAT units, but turned out to be a little more popular than we had anticipated. The unit was completed from start to finish in just under a single week, so I didnt take as much time in texturing and cleaning the model as I would have liked to...I will deffinately go back in to do some additional work for him.

Quote[/b] ]That's great news!! I assume it will be done after the MARPAT Marines? Like... weeks from now

Probably...sorry sad_o.gif ...there are a variety of weapons being created for the MARPAT pack which will work great with him! Trust me though...the weapons with the MARPAT guys will be worth the wait...Im really charged up about them and there are some things (Im not sure if Im supposed to tell people yet) that are really exciting in regard to this portion of the pack and its creation.

Quote[/b] ]suchey wat do u mean wen u besay closed ta stage???

Basically it means that the Marines are being tested by a small handful of people from both inside and outside of the project to ensure bug free use across all weapons, soldiers, and scripting. We have a VERY small beta group that is testing both on and off-line...each unit is being individually scrutinized to help ensure that the pack is complete and bug free when released. The Rifleman and his array of weaponry is currently being tested with follow up additions soon to come into beta as well as an increased number of testers. Things are moving rather quickly...bear with us...I know its been a while and we havent exactly been the best at releasing info, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we think the end result will be worth the wait.

We truly appreciate the interest in this project that the community has shown...the numerous email and posts in both this forum and our own truly help to keep us excited and working hard on the project. Thanks again and look for more info soon!

the weapons with the MARPAT guys will be worth the wait...Im really charged up about them and there are some things (Im not sure if Im supposed to tell people yet) that are really exciting in regard to this portion of the pack and its creation.

Probably better to keep the secret until a little later so I can feel more important for possessing confidential information.

Just saw that gunship (part of beta testing group) has posted some news and more screenshots of our marines at his website http://www.ofp.at it's about 8 items down the list.

And hey look below that are some wonderful screenshots of the DPV taken by me... *cough* *cough* :P

I saw those pics earlier, and those are enough 'shock and awe' for me. Just send those into baghdad and theres some shock and awe for you...

^ last sentence doesnt make sense but who really cares ^

As much as I'm looking forward to the marpat units, i have to admit to being one of the people who thought you should make more of the "current conflict" guys...that guy rocked!

smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

As much as I'm looking forward to the marpat units, i have to admit to being one of the people who thought you should make more of the "current conflict" guys...that guy rocked!

Looking back in this thread, I beleieve they said that they aren't dropping current conflict models.

Either way, what's not current about this?

Looking back in this thread, I beleieve they said that they aren't dropping current conflict models.

Either way, what's not current about this?

any new screenshot? smile_o.gif