Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

2 records made today

Earlier today SWEC made a record of 80 people and about 3 hours later fraghaus beat that record by over 22 people! 102 people was on the server.

80 People at SWEC

Dead ppl in a valley

102 People at Fraghaus

The start

In both cases the lag was horrible, but hey, maybe in OFP2 with faster computers/connections and a better game, we will have that regularily. biggrin.gif

sorry for leaching the SS of the SWEC Barier, if u want me to take it off PM me and ill just post the fraghaus screenshots.

ohh yeah, thats what i call a laggy game  wink.gif

And our server did almost have a heart attack after 1 min at 2 FPS

http://dewel.mine.nu/swec/bilder/SWEC61.jpg

But when we played whit 50 players on the same map there was no lag (5-6 FPS). So i think we need to try where the edge is between playable and unplayable games.

I was at both of the record breakers and i can say it was so sad to see just ONE inmature person screw up EVERYTHING when we tried to make a screenshot of everyone. mad.gif

i HATE thos annoying little *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored* immature *censored**censored* guys. they can ruin ne game. base raping or watever ARG

yeah dude those noobs i swear for like 10 mins we kept sayin hold your fire 10 secs into it some nood FFs someone then its nuclear apocalypse  mad.gif  although its great to be apart of another record breakin round  biggrin.gif this was mammajahammba what da yoyo crazyness out da gizzo yo gameplay today

Perhaps more suitable for the multiplayer forum. Moving smile.gif

I made those first two SS's too bad that it was unplayable when they all started to shoot and throw grenades,...   biggrin.gif

But I missed that second game  sad.gif

I was on the server when there were still about 70 players, and I didn't feel any lag, although I heard some players complain. I wonder how that would have gone on a more demanding island like Nogova w/ many more objects and action going on...

Still - now that we've seen Fraghouse and SWEC pull the stunt, I guess there's many people interested in tuning tips. How to prepare a server for the big onslaught...

onlinerecord-fraghouse.jpg

dang i wish i was there, but currenty my windoze has gone nuts and all sound no longer works i it no matter wat i do tothe drivers or settings, so im stuck in linux where sound works. Just imagine tho with a few good server JIP and stuff sumthing like that could be a regular constant thing, MMORGS have many servers for different ares on a map, biggest game ive been in has been about 30ppl.

LOL nothing beats some friendly competition... To bad both games was to laggy for acctual gameplay (I couldn't make it yesterday but thats my impression of all posts I read). Maybe 60-80 players games are possible after some tweaking?

BTW, Joltan it was SWEC that had the new record (for a few hours tounge.gif ) not SWAF...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KeyCat @ Jan. 13 2003,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, Joltan it was SWEC that had the new record (for a few hours tounge.gif ) not SWAF...<span id='postcolor'>

SWEC, SWAF, swap... tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited... wink.gif

Id like to think SWEC and FRAGHAUS for pulling this stuff off. Id also like to think all the players whose infinite patience allowed for us to do this. Granted it took a few hours but we did it.

After i couldnt fully connect for the SWEC record, i rejoined my guys, the FH regs, at FH. I got there with about 6 people, and in about 5 minutes we had around 20. After that it was all about 100.

But yeah those few *bleeep* morons that screwed the pics up sucked.

Harbinger[TG]

www.Trailgunners.com

www.Fraghaus.com

www.5thSFG.net

As if our SWAF server could support 100 people lol.

Lags with anything over 16  confused.gif

SGT Jems-A1 [sWAF]

Quote[/b] ]How many people can be in a game at once?

well you can only fit 64 groups of 12 in OFP so thats 12 x 64 = erm.......hold on......carry the 1.....erm.....oh yeah.. 768 peeps on the server :P MAX ;)

i'm not usre, but i think it's 64 groups per side, so multiply above number by 4.

anyways, let's not dig up old threads until there is a significant news.